Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

River Tam

by BrokenLit Posted 5th Apr 2006 at 6:32 PM

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 9:17 PM
That's a great River sim! I play a Firefly 'verse neighborhood, and I have sims of several crew members mixed in (right now, the neighborhood takes place before the series), so I'm gonna download your River instead of making my own because she's super good ^_^
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 9:17 PM
She looks great,
well done
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 10:06 PM
Oh, this is SO much better than the River currently in my game. thank you very much, you did such a great job!

I have a sunny disposition and I'm always kind to animals.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 10:38 PM
It looks more like River than Summer. It may sound weird, but real life Summer is much prettier than her screen-self.
Erm... In fact it did sound a bit weird. I wanted to add "Phoenix" there and here. You know, River and Summer... Weird.

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoanneDyer
It looks more like River than Summer. It may sound weird, but real life Summer is much prettier than her screen-self.
Erm... In fact it did sound a bit weird. I wanted to add "Phoenix" there and here. You know, River and Summer... Weird.

It is very strange. The first time I tried to make River I used a picture of Summer to try and get the facial features right and it didn't look anything like River. lol. It's so odd how that works.
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:26 PM
Yaaaay! Firefly/Serenity is my favorite show/movie! xD

Now I don't have to make my own River, since I'm sure mine wouldn't be nearly as good. *dance*
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:27 PM
THIS IS PERFECT! AAAAH!! I'm not a big Firefly fan, but I absolutely love River. Thank you so much for this! It's exactly like her!

Ginny
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:54 AM
Oh, my God! Thank you for this. River is my second-favorite Firefly character (behind Mal). It is also very true that Summer looks much prettier in real life than when she's playing River. Probably because they make her up to look all tired.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:42 AM
I think River is prettier than Summer. Summer looks so fake to me, River (on Firefly, much less in Serenity the film) seems so human, while nowadays Summer seems so Hollywood. Have you ever seen the clips of out of character Summer on the bonus features on the DVD? She looks totally different there than she does now and more like River.
Anyway, this has nothing to do with the sims.
bunnylita, though, you and me both on favourite crew members ^_^
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:51 AM
She's amazing! Any hopes of a Simon? :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:52 AM
thatas really good
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:14 AM
Yesss! I tried making my own sim of her and failed miserably. But yours is awesome. Definitely downloading this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:33 AM Last edited by BrokenLit : 6th Apr 2006 at 2:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SuperTiger
She's amazing! Any hopes of a Simon? :D

Um... I guess I could give it a shot. lol. I've never really tried to sim a male celeb before. But River does need her big brother.

On another note: I think Summer and River are both beautiful in different ways. I wouldn't complain if I looked like either of them.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:01 AM
Shiney. Is this going to be the first of a series?
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:29 AM
Wow! I'm still deciding whether to download her (I already have too many downloads!), but I just want to tell you that you have done a fantastic job - she looks so real! I'm working my way through the Firefly episodes (again) at the moment - when I finish I can watch the Serenity DVD I got for my birthday.Yay! Thinking about favourite characters: they are ALL good - River is freaky, Simon's so naive, the preacher's all mysterious, and Jayne is just a big dumb ox. Have to admit I screamed during the movie when Wash got killed - yelled out "Oh no!" (and my husband laughed!) But I think I like Kaylee - she's so cute, and I love the way she's done folk-art everywhere on the ship, and how she looked in her dreadful ball-dress - yes, definitely shiny!
Ok, I've talked myself into downloading! Oh heck, now I'm humming the "Jayne" song!
Cult Leader
#17 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 10:53 AM
Perfect likeness. Great work 10 stars if I could give it!
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 10:59 AM
Ohhhh myy god i love firefly and serenity they are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also love the Buffy and Angel series though I have only gotten to series 2 with angel. Perfect likeness.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:45 PM
wow thats a great River!! i also love serenity and firefly so great job!!thanks
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 12:55 AM
Ohhh!!! this is by far the best River I've seen!! Are you thinking of making the others? Mal would be deliciously appreciated!!!

You have suffered enough and warred with yourself. It's time that you won...

--------------

Livejournal...
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 1:59 AM
Good job she looks just like River ^^ I remember watching that movie a while back... it was pretty cool

Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 4:02 AM
She's pretty, and very River-looking, but since I just finished making my own version of River, I don't really think I'm going to download her. However, her dress is wonderful and really looks like the dress River wore in the series so I'm just asking if you could post the dress here, with out a sim.

Also can someone tell me how to sent sims with pictures here (or elswhere).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meliyan
She's pretty, and very River-looking, but since I just finished making my own version of River, I don't really think I'm going to download her. However, her dress is wonderful and really looks like the dress River wore in the series so I'm just asking if you could post the dress here, with out a sim.

Also can someone tell me how to sent sims with pictures here (or elswhere).

You could download the sim and then delete all the custom content except the dress in bodyshop or CAS.

But I was thinking of trying to make some more of her outfits anyway, so maybe later I'll make a thread with a couple of her dresses in it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 10:11 PM
I Love Firefly and Serenity.

Thanks. :salute:
Forum Resident
#25 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 8:12 PM
It's about time! I've been feeling Firefly deprived. Thank you for making my favorite character! You did a very good job on on of the most difficult faces in the industry (believe me, I know, I've tried). Here's hoping it's not the last from you...

Always,
Emma
Page 1 of 2