Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Family Home for Eight- requested by Helenelov

by Corsetcrush Posted 9th Apr 2006 at 4:47 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 12:24 PM by Corsetcrush : Required site uploads update

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 10:07 AM
Beautiful looking home Corsetcrush, I have the ideal family who will appreciate their new home, thank you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 11:27 AM
Thank you so so much....it looks so great! can't wait for my sims to move in!

I simply love it!

Hugs and thanks again

Helenelov.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 12:43 PM
Thanks for sharing! This house is just right for my ridiculously fertile (and WooHoo addicted) sims.

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you can spend it only once" -Unknown
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raylou5668
Thanks for sharing! This house is just right for my ridiculously fertile (and WooHoo addicted) sims.

LMAO! How many babies so far? lol. Great house corsetcrush i love it

You've got everybody listening, you've got everybody putting on a show. You've got everybody acting crazy, I'm not gonna say you don't..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmarulz91
LMAO! How many babies so far? lol. Great house corsetcrush i love it

The Londons are having their 7th child. They just sent the eldest daughter to college to make room for the new arrival.

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you can spend it only once" -Unknown
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raylou5668
The Londons are having their 7th child. They just sent the eldest daughter to college to make room for the new arrival.

Sounds like my Hideous family in Strangetown. It was rather funny the day that their eldest son was 'Prince Charming' in the school play, that would have been a sight to see.

I'm one of those people who has the tendency to have an overwhelming number of family Sims. I knew how much of a pain it can be to try to raise a family in cramped quarters like cattle, not so fun.

Helenelov- I'm glad you liked it so much, hopefully it will work well for you and was worth the wait. You'll have to tell me how your Sims like it! I have two new Sim families that I made for testing the house and I think I'm really going to have fun with the Boarding School family. One 'teacher' (mom), 7 kids and a toddler (had to make sure the cattails didn't get in the way of the potty) and I think my favorite is the quiet fat boy. He was given the bedroom with the blue desk and it looks like I made the room for him, even though he was made after the house was finished. One of the first things I knew about the house was it needed a pool, even though almost none of my houses have them, simply because I forget. Sheesh, there I go again. You have to watch it with me, I can easily tell you every last little detail of the stories I wrote in my head (even just the simple ones) from most buildings I make and that doesn't include the families! I'm just a writer through and through. :tooth:

Happy Simming!
~Corsetcrush
Field Researcher
#8 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 6:35 AM
::meekly yells *help*::

I love your house! I moved my sims in when they were having quads (yep, this might be a problem with the quad hack but MATY isn't available right now). The school bus won't stay long enough for the 4 kids to get on it. Anyone else having this problem? I moved the mailbox and garbage can around (closer to the street) to see if this was the problem but it wasn't. My Simparents can't even drive the kids to school when they can't get on the bus. I have a really strong feeling it's a "quad hack" issue but thought I'd start here anyway. *sigh*

(this is a sim family i've worked hard on so I'm not about to lose them LOL).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starrling
::meekly yells *help*::

I love your house! I moved my sims in when they were having quads (yep, this might be a problem with the quad hack but MATY isn't available right now). The school bus won't stay long enough for the 4 kids to get on it. Anyone else having this problem? I moved the mailbox and garbage can around (closer to the street) to see if this was the problem but it wasn't. My Simparents can't even drive the kids to school when they can't get on the bus. I have a really strong feeling it's a "quad hack" issue but thought I'd start here anyway. *sigh*

(this is a sim family i've worked hard on so I'm not about to lose them LOL).

I've never had this happen in my game but you can download Clean Installer (if you don't have it already) and disable your hacks to see if that might be what's causing the problem. I do it frequently with the InSIMinator since ome of my sims had a home business but had no management options when her workers showed up on the lot. I disabled the hack (without having to get rid of it) and everything was fine.

Hope this helps,
~Corsetcrush
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 9:48 PM Last edited by starrling : 13th Apr 2006 at 5:04 AM. Reason: update on the problem
Thank you SO much - I'll try this

- upate - just thought I'd let you know it was a teeny-tiny hack that was the culprit so all is well and I LOVE this house. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 5:01 PM
I just have to commend your work on this house, and the lovely descriptive comments you wrote about it. It made it irresistible to me! :nod: I can imagine the effort that went into it.

I have never played a family of 8. At the most, I'll play with 4 family members...but, I still had to grab this house. Never know when I'll be up for trying something new, so it's going in my neighborhood right now where it will be waiting for the perfect family.

--green
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 6:11 PM
I have really been awed over the huge response (compared to what I was expecting) over my house. I have always been a highly creative person and the Sims gives me so many directions to do that in. One of the things I love to do the most is writing fantasy, so I figured that I might as well use some of my writing skill to further enhance my little bit of realism. Sure there is extra 'work' involved in it, but its really worth it when I can make so many people happy as well. Its the first time that a creative endeavor of mine has been given any sort of recognition. Thank you to those who have downloaded my work and are happy with it. It gives me confidence to venture into the more difficult projects that I've wanted to do for my Sims.

Greeneyedsims- I can't tell you how happy your comment made me. Earlier today I had been wondering if my description made a difference to anyone or not. :angel: Thank you.

Humble and delighted,
~Corsetcrush
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:04 PM
I absolutely love this! My legacy sims i just started of me and my boyfriend want to have 10 children, and i have been struggling to find a house with enough room, that isnt to complicated. This is fantastic! Thanks alot :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 3:18 AM
i play with 6+ sims all the time and hate switching floors! so nice that i don't have to build my own... because i'm not very good at it.