Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Writing Career

by thesearenoblues Posted 3rd Jun 2006 at 2:47 AM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 3:03 AM
Default Interesting!
Looked at many different career opportunities, but yours is the first to get me to chance a crash!
Let you know how it comes out! Thanks for some interest in the game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 3:30 AM
Thank you, I am starting to get careers and I hate ones that don't have icons that match the UI. I will report back soon telling you how it went.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 3:44 AM
I'll test it immediately, I thank you for it. I've been wanting a writing career in my Sims game for a while.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 7:43 PM
This is the 1st Mod i av downloaded, i expected it to be really complicating but its simple and seems to be working nicely so far, thanks alot for this
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 12:38 AM
i hope it works. i'm a writer and i love that you made this! thanx for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:52 AM
Thanks for this, and thank you for taking the time to complete the chance cards. =)
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 4:01 AM
Does anyone know how to take out a career? I think I have a bad one. Thanks
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 12:39 PM
Its in your downloads folder. Just take it from there. Your documents- EA games- sims2-downloads. If you cant remember the name of the file, but you know what career it is, you can allways get the file name when you start downloading from the site. Then take it out.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 1:01 AM
This is great - I've been wanting this for awhile now. Thanks -- I'll let you know how it works in my game.

A radiation wave hit, I was shot through a wormhole -- lost in some distant part of the universe aboard a ship, a living ship! Full of strange alien life forms. I need help! Please! Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm being hunted by an insane military commander, . . .
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:30 AM
Thanks! This is the first career mod I've even considered downloading. I'll let you know if anything glitchy happens. If I don't get back immidiately it means I'm busy having fun with this stellar new career!

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:12 AM
Ooh! Looks cool. First career I've downloaded since before Nightlife (started making my game crash) because it looks great (I always wanted the Sim version of me to be a writer!) Hope it works! I'll be sure to let you know if I have any problems.
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:26 PM
Thanks so much for this. Works perfect with all EP's up to FFS installed.

Life is uncertain. Eat the dessert first
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 1:48 AM
Oh hohoho. Wow!
Thank you!

I will test this as soon as possible!
I hope it doesn't overwrite any other career

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 9:46 PM
Tested and it works fine. Only problem is my dude started at paperback novelist and in 2 Sims work days had gone to Simitlzer Prize winner. No chance cards ever came up for him either. Wonder if it is because he was a college graduate with a literature major? Will try with another Sim who isn't and see if that makes a difference in how it plays. Thanks for the career opportunity!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 6:49 PM
Amica999 - Thanks for letting me know!

puddin12205 - I'd say that's a problem! Let me know if it happens again, and I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanks to everyone for testing this for me.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 2:39 PM
This is awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 6:54 PM
Wow! I tested it! It works great! I love your career. I'm really picky when It comes to downloads. I've always wanted to make a real life me sim and I'm in this career. Wow! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 2:29 PM
Whats the pay rates?

Sarcasm is the KEY to living a long and enjoyable life.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:52 PM
The pay rates are a bit stupid. If you have suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

1 - 150
2 - 300
3 - 350
4 - 450
5 - 575
6 - 700
7 - 940
8 - 1200
9 - 2000
10- 3000
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 8:13 PM
I have never tried downloading a career and this is the first!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 5:04 AM
Thanks for the new Career Mod! It is always good to get new and interesting things for The Sims 2!

~lmfjaxxon~

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 6:38 PM
I love it! 5 stars for you.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:55 AM
i love this idea, im a writer myself... im looking to get my most recent work published and now i can do that in the game too thanks so much for making my self-sim's dream come true btw i was wondering if it is extracted to the downloads folder or some other folder, please let me know

thanks again, love love love it!

mjfan84

As of May, 2007 mjfan84 is retired.
I'm devoting my time to my youtube account. www.youtube.com/mjfan84
I won't be uploading, however I'll be here to answer questions, and my uploads will stay up!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:38 PM
I will definately try this cos I'm a writer and I would love my Sims to be one as well!!! TY!!!
Page 1 of 2