Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Career: Hollywood - custom reward & clothing

by colintheys Posted 11th Jun 2006 at 6:32 PM - Updated 14th Sep 2007 at 8:10 AM by colintheys : additional information

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:35 PM
I never download carrers! but this is amazing! *Downloading*

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:42 PM
I am most suitably impressed- it's not every day you see this sort of career come up Just a little question- does the clothing and reward belong to you, or were they created by another creator? If they were, it's always advisable to add a little link to the original post, so people can read what the object does, the poly count etc.

P.S. It will work with other EP's installed

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:43 PM
It sounds amazing. I'll download it. Thank you for sharing it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:50 PM
Good question Superfly. All content is original. The clothing is just recolored Maxis stuff and the Oscar is 100% original - mesh and all. (I had to make the oscar twice because the first time I crashed my comp and lost it. lol) Just for reference the oscar is 820 polys.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:59 PM
Thanks so much for this wonderful Career! Finally a new better career for my sims to try and conqure! *dancing* lol Thanks!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:03 PM
Very cool

Nice looking Oscar

i'm not mean
you're just stupid
http://reronaville.myminicity.com/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:32 PM
This sounds very ambitious, but i would like to see a screenshot of the uniforms and in particular the job-icon, it has to look maxis-autenthic for me to want to download it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:59 PM
Wow, this is great work, thank you!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 8:04 PM
Yeay!

Thank you!

I've always wanted a career like this

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 8:30 PM
This career is so cool i'am downloding it right now

This is my Signature... im done
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 8:58 PM
Thanks everyone. Let me know if you've got any troubles. Simathome: I've added some more pictures for you. They're not in-game, but that's just because I don't want to go find my DVD again.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 9:35 PM
wow i love this career thanks alot :D

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:34 AM
I was joking about this to my friend earlier. About how I want my sim to keep an Oscar! Now she can earn it :P!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 2:57 AM
Thanks this looks awesome . Well done. I wish I was as talented.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 4:27 AM
Love it! Yay! Can't wait to try this one out!

Just a question, any chance you could do a similar thing but with a Grammy? I know there's a stack of musical careers out there, but they don't appear as comprehensive or have the custom reward object as yours - just curious is all.

Brilliant! Thanks again!
~Rav :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 7:54 AM
Lovely, I have always "dreamed" of having a TS1 Superstar-like career, and finally we get it!

Thank you SO SO SO SO much.

Click here if you want to see something really cool!
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:47 AM
Wohoo! cool outfitts! Thanks again!

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 3:38 PM
this is so awesome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 6:46 PM Last edited by colintheys : 13th Jun 2006 at 6:05 AM.
Ravynlee, I'll look into the possibility of doing a music career with a grammy. Maybe if I'm feeling ambitious I'll do a whole set: oscar, grammy, emmy, & tony...

...well I made a grammy. It was trickier than the oscar. lol. Now I just have to put together some sort of a career.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 11:51 PM
Just wanted to update and say that I've gotten the chance to play this-- you're right, it is *quite* hard, and I like it even more now. This'll give me the chance to get those annoying sims out of the house for longer. Incidentally, it works with FFS, if anybody cares. *shrug*
Instructor
#22 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 3:35 PM
Hey, does this overight anything? Please let it be no, I want to download this, but never download any careers that overwrite maxis ones.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
Hey, does this overight anything? Please let it be no, I want to download this, but never download any careers that overwrite maxis ones.

no it does not. all items have unique GUIDs.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 4:38 PM
I have wanted something like this for a long time!!! Thank you!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 4:01 AM
Thank you colintheys! This is just excellent

Treat me like an angel and I'll be your lil' devil
Page 1 of 3