Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview meets the Simstones - Pleasant Household

by SimmieCal Posted 29th Jul 2006 at 7:23 AM

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:14 AM
I am enjoying the Simstones as much as you are.. and I love this Lot..

How can I get the family to move into my new Simstones ngh??

Thank you for sharing

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Makai
How can I get the family to move into my new Simstones ngh??

Thank you for sharing

I assume you are asking how do you move the Pleasant family into the new neighborhood? I started a brand new Pleasantview, moved all the families out of their existing homes and tore down all the Pleasantview lots.

I would suggest that you NOT move a family from one neighborhood to another as I've read that causes a bunch of problems. You can clone a family and then place the cloned family into the new neighborhood. You can use SimPE to copy them. I'd tell you how, but I haven't tried it myself. Below are a couple of threads that talk about cloning sims if you're interested.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...opic,844.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2937.0.html
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:43 PM
when i want to move a family to a different neighbourhood i put them in a house and then put the house in my house bin, then when you go in to a different neighbourhood that house will be there with that family in it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellraiser01
when i want to move a family to a different neighbourhood i put them in a house and then put the house in my house bin, then when you go in to a different neighbourhood that house will be there with that family in it.

That method will get the family to the other neighborhood -but- you can potentially corrupt the neighborhood that way. The thread below talks about the potential problems if you move families that way as well as a method to "safely" move them.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4151.0.html

Of course, if you routinely start neighborhoods over and over again (like me) you probably won't run into a problem. But if you like playing a neighborhood for multiple generations, moving sims by lot binning them may cause problems for your neighborhood down the line. YMMV.
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 2:27 AM
Must this house be in that n'hood? Can I use it in my own custom made one? I really love it. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
Must this house be in that n'hood? Can I use it in my own custom made one? I really love it. Thanks for sharing.

You can place the lot in any neighborhood that you like. Just make sure you have the core Simstones downloads installed if you want them to appear in the lot.

Please feel free to use/clone/copy/share anything I have made in whatever manner you wish. Have fun!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 11:20 PM
This house looks really good, from the posted pics. I cant get the house to load in my game. I installed it, all the Simstone files, etc. Start the game, find the house in my House Lot Bin, click on it and my game closes with an error. Does the same with the Broke-Simstone house also. All other houses in my housing bin work no problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 8:29 PM
MMMMhhmmmm!!! Nice!!!!