Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jakerzone Victorian (by request)

by karen82869 Posted 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:31 PM - Updated 4th Aug 2006 at 11:40 AM by karen82869 : Adding lot size

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 5:30 AM
Hey there Nice work! .. know what's cool? you see how in the real house pic there are white lines that kind of show off the seperate "parts" of the house - and that in Sims there isn't really any wallpaper that lets you recreate that right? not unless you make your own content anyway, but anywho....I started to use the columns in the build mode (sometimes the 2 story ones) with moveobjects on and snapobjectstogrid set to false and line them up on your sim house to match how it is in the pic. it turns out really neat

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 6:11 AM
You did good for a first download. I like it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 8:38 AM
Hi karen!
Your version of the house is lovely, too!
Can't wait to see some other work of you.
Greetings, Katha

Still struggling with CAW :x
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by khakidoo
Hey there Nice work! .. know what's cool? you see how in the real house pic there are white lines that kind of show off the seperate "parts" of the house - and that in Sims there isn't really any wallpaper that lets you recreate that right? not unless you make your own content anyway, but anywho....I started to use the columns in the build mode (sometimes the 2 story ones) with moveobjects on and snapobjectstogrid set to false and line them up on your sim house to match how it is in the pic. it turns out really neat

Thanks, Khakidoo. The columns are a great idea - wow, that would take a lot of patience! Something like Numenor's "end piece" for his seemless wall windows might work nicely, too. Now to get the white trim around the roof...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 3:16 PM
Thanks, Wings & Katha!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen82869
...SNIP... Now to get the white trim around the roof...

Someone had made those for SIMS1, and I'm pretty sure they were on Persimmon Grove. Can't remember what they're called though. But I'm thinking if they were made for SIMS1 maybe someone could make them for SIMS2. They do complement a roofline well.

I just downloaded this house and I got to tell you, for a first time, it's really great! Beautiful job! Thank you so much.

Kat