Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Making Useless Maxis Meshes Useful - Replacement Pack for AMBodyDisco (Defaults & Non-Defaults Added!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 28th Sep 2006 at 3:04 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:00 PM by HystericalParoxysm

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 3:09 PM
What a great idea Thanks for making this!

/// My Studio /// My Twitter ///
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 3:24 PM
These are so much better than the Maxis ones. I always kind of liked it except for the scarf, so none of my sims ever wore it. Now they might actually get use out of it! Thanks HP :D
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#4 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 3:21 PM
Yay, HP! They're so sharp looking. Sexy, even. Thanks Those maxis ones are just horrid looking. I'm so glad you did these.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Instructor
#5 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 3:39 PM Last edited by pickpock : 28th Sep 2006 at 4:44 PM.
Thank you so much Whenever one of my sims grew up and changed clothes into what I call the "scarf-barf" outfit, I immediatly arranged for a shopping trip, or just made them go in their underwear
Strangely I seem to get one of those outfits much more often then is plausible, so a *very* heartfelt thank you for making my sims lives (and my life) run more smoothly :D

Hey, wanna get rid of the PaySites once and for all?

Wanna join the Animal Army?
Give me credit and you can include/default/whatever my stuff - No Paysites!
- I always use skins from Enayla
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:30 PM
Wow, what can I say? You made a miracle! They're absolutely gorgeous! And the textures are great, simple and wearable. Maxis's one are just.. blah.
Thank you so much, this totally deserves to be featured
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:30 PM
Wow great idea, I love replacements of maxis' stuff, specially when they're this good
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:34 PM
It's about time those Maxis meshes get updated! Thanks, HP! *huggles*

DDO
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:46 PM
They look so good! Thank you. Acually I never noticed the scarf and the ring, only the bright trousers were really annoying.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:36 PM
excellent! i agree, the mesh was actually a really good one but because of the crappy texture i never used it, i shall use it plenty now though! thanks

Nothing From Nowhere, I'm No One At All, Radiate, Recognise One Silent Call As We All Form One Dark Flame
Incinerate

BLITZKREIG BOOM
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:59 PM
I also loved the mesh, but hated how stereo typically gay they looked.. Great job! They're so handsome!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:09 PM
They look AWESOME, HP!! You sure took those outfits from whacky to stylin' fast. :D

Except... um... one of my sims *is* whacky and likes the scarf. The others, not so much. Is it... um... at all possible ...to make these non-default?

< /annoyingness>

*ducks*
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:16 PM
I never even thought about having this mesh any other way. Now that I've looked at them, I to find that the ring and scarf are annoying. But thankfully you've taken care of it. And for that, I thank you and rated your upload with 5 stars

Professional Vincent Valentine Glomper Extraordinaire

Sephiroth's FFVII RP Forum -Needs active members!-
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:35 PM
So much better than the original mesh. What were they thinking with that scarf? Thanks for making a decent mesh spectacular HP! :D

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:55 PM
These look fabulous, and much more street friendly!

Thanx for doing this!

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 7:08 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 28th Sep 2006 at 8:02 PM.
Well, I wasn't gonna do 'em non-default, but since fanseepants wants 'em, of course I will.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 7:14 PM
They looked so bad before that I never even noticed the ring LOL... I took one look at the scarf and patterns and moved on, so none of my Sims ever even got to try them on... now they'll have something new to wear! Thanks so much :D

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 7:51 PM
There's also an annoying scarf in NL (with the snakeskin jacket)... hint hint.
:D

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 7:54 PM
I hated the scarf also,yours is fantastic, thanks!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 7:54 PM
Default wow!
it's so true! i always loved that mesh but never dressed my guys in it because the maxis textures were so dumb! what an AWESOME idea, thanks so much!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#21 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Well, I wasn't gonna do 'em non-default, but since fanseepants wants 'em, of course I will.

Yippeeee, zomg!!!

*huggles HP*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:02 PM
Non-default mesh and recolours added. Have fun, fanseepants.

alexpilgrim - That's on my list too, along with that stupid raverboy outfit with the purse, and a couple other utterly awful things Maxis did to perfectly good meshes.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Forum Resident
#23 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM
Ohh, this is SO much better! *bleh* What WAS Maxis thinking with those "accessories"?? Ugh. Those were just fantastically hideous. *shivvvers*
This is lovely- THANK YOU!!!

Always,
Emma
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:17 PM
I'm extracting and adapting the original maxis textures for this. :P
I'd miss those ugly disco outfits if I never saw them again.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:23 PM
gwillewyn, just get the non-default version that I just added. Then you can have both.

Page 1 of 4