Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Complete CAS Face Template Replacements

by Ambular Posted 5th Oct 2006 at 6:26 AM - Updated 20th Apr 2013 at 5:39 AM by Ambular : Update

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 6:31 AM
Cool, I'll download this when I get back from school
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 6:33 AM
Could you maybe post pics of the adult version of each new template? I like to know what Im getting into.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 6:35 AM Last edited by AmberDiceless : 5th Oct 2006 at 6:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by rook_cheshire
Could you maybe post pics of the adult version of each new template? I like to know what Im getting into.

I'll see about it, but it may take a while since that's...54 images. XD
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 6:38 AM
This looks great!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 6:41 AM
Ohh nice I could have used something like this a long time ago, now I don't have to go through the hassle of making random sims not so ugly all the time.

I admit it I was the one who stole the cookie from the cookie jar.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 7:08 AM
Amber, you know I've been checking these out already and they're quite awesome. Thanks

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#8 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueSoup
Amber, you know I've been checking these out already and they're quite awesome. Thanks :)

Your support is much appreciated, hon, and I'm glad you like them. :)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 7:35 AM
Thanks I was to lazy to do this myself, now my sims will never risk to get a monster for blind date.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:20 PM
Hm. The face types now look all very...caucasian and thin-lipped. I'd put a wee bit more variety into it But I like the idea.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 9:53 PM
Bless you!! Those ugly townies and NPCs left me with the feeling of "Is it me? Or what?" There isn't a single person I know on this earth that looks like the SIMS originals. What were they thinking? LOL Thank you!!!
Pax,
CTherese
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 10:31 PM Last edited by AmberDiceless : 6th Oct 2006 at 3:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mynnia
Hm. The face types now look all very...caucasian and thin-lipped. I'd put a wee bit more variety into it But I like the idea.

Well, the idea per se isn't mine, this is just my version. You can check out some of the other template sets I linked to in the top post and maybe find a set you'll like better. Or, go on over to MATY and encourage Naitali to finish her absolutely stunning set--it's much more carefully designed and more diverse than this one, which I only made because I got impatient waiting for hers to get done. XD Mixing and matching faces from different sets is also entirely possible and could have some very interesting and fun results.

That said, I'm thinking of putting together a partial alternative set with more diverse features at a later time. The Caucasian-centric look of this lot is mostly due to the fact that the game's facial controls don't seem to render attempts at major ethnic variations very well, so it may take me some time to come up with variations I'm satisfied with. I decided to release what I had when they were essentially functional and add some alternatives later, rather than delay the entire set.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:12 AM
I really like them and they show such detail on the faces. Thank You for sharing your creative work with us.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 4:45 PM
My two pennies...anything's an improvement over the Maxis originals!!

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:28 AM
WOO HOO!! Great job Amber!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 3:24 PM
Thank you for this! I've been wanting a good face replacement set for a long time, but the ones I have come across have usually either been too beautiful or too anime. Yours look normal! After reviewing your links I've decided to go with Terrakosmos's, so thank you for providing those and for your work.

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:35 PM Last edited by Akronborn : 19th Mar 2007 at 1:01 AM.
Thanks a lot, i'll try these.
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 6:18 AM
Hi Amber, these are great, do I have to delete the other templates I downloaded from someone else or can I put these in a folder as well?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 7:35 AM
You can only use one set of templates at a time. (I'd recommend following the link at the top of the original post to the updated set at my site, which has some improvements and several more faces than this older set.)
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 7:50 PM
Thanks so much for these!

I wanted to download the most recent version on your website, but I think the site is down...?
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raokhshna
Thanks so much for these!

I wanted to download the most recent version on your website, but I think the site is down...?

Seems to be working fine for me, try this link?

http://ambular.jfade.com/index.php?category=2&subcat=21
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 12:35 PM
i went to your site and the preview thumbnails were gone. any other place where i can see them? thanks. Ü
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 10:37 PM
I'll ditto what zuriv asked. Is there any way we can see picture before we drop these into the game? I'm learning heavily towards these templates.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neonhorn22
I'll ditto what zuriv asked. Is there any way we can see picture before we drop these into the game? I'm learning heavily towards these templates.

I don't have a full set of images for this version, unfortunately. Here's some links to pics of the revised set and links to download them, since the old site is now down:

Adult Female - Adult Male - Teen Female - Teen Male - Elder Female - Elder Male - Child - Toddler

Download Adult & Elder Templates
Download Teen Templates
Download Child & Toddler Templates
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zuriv
i went to your site and the preview thumbnails were gone. any other place where i can see them? thanks. Ü

See my previous comment!
Page 1 of 2