Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pirate Cove- SWIMMABLE LAKE

by Ellatrue Posted 25th Oct 2006 at 12:38 AM - Updated 31st Oct 2006 at 1:51 AM by Ellatrue : cleaned up links, added link to tutorial

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:22 PM
This lot is beautiful! And it's so romantic and geniously built. I love the stairs leading everywhere I can think of a multitude of purposes for the lot - now I have to go and choose one.

"Do you not think it a matter worthy of Lamentation that, while there are so many worlds, we have not yet conquered one?" - Alexander the Great
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:40 PM
Nice boat Ellatrue, I like your swimable lake

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:44 PM
This is one KEWL fun lot.. Like your descriptive writing way too..

The list of custome are this included or do we need to download them. Wasn't sure when you said optional or must..

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 12:55 AM
awesome lot, I really like the swimable lake, and your boat

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 3:03 AM
A+ Just for presentation of the post, lol. I tried a swimmable lake once and utterly failed, even with the tutorial, so I am always extra impressed by everyone who manages it. Nice use of it, too, it's really great!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 6:32 AM
Beautiful lot, Ella.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#8 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:50 AM
brilliant! I'm having so much fun with this lot. XD thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:08 PM
WOW! XDD thats really cool! cant download it right now, im at school XDDD

Potc rocks! savvy.. mate
Drink up me hearties yo-ho

Legolas Is Love <33 LOTR shall live forever! ELVES rules the world! they live forever!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 1:51 AM Last edited by Ellatrue : 27th Oct 2006 at 10:30 AM.
I'm so glad all of you like this- I felt inspired, and it was SO much fun to make...

I've made some other houses for a beach neighborhood that you can see in my profile. They aren't nearly as exciting, but if you are interested, all of it sort of goes together.

Also, don't worry about the rigging- the sims just walk right through it.

makai:

The only content that's included is the invisible floor tile. Everything else you must download yourself.

The lot will still function, even if you don't download the content- it simply won't show up.

However, some of it is more critical than the rest. For example, while not installing the diving board recolors will just make the diving board revert to the default white color, skipping numenor's windows and the recolors for them will make the ship look really screwed up (it's how I made the slanted bottom and the rigging). You need the ladder, or the sims won't be able to climb up and down without a huge amount of work on your part. I'm not sure what happens without the bamboo steps; you may have to place them all yourself (which might be difficult because of all the cheats I used), or they will revert to a random maxis stair--I'm not sure.

So anyway, I marked them as either optional, recommended, or required, so you'd better understand what you really need.

Short answer- if it says REQUIRED, you must download it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 8:30 AM
It all came out beautifully in-game! I altered just a little bit to make the kitchen bigger and took out the second bedroom and nursery to make a bigger living room, but everything else was just perfect for my single pirate girl.

The stairs reverted to the maxis stairs. Can't remember the name, but it's the green colored one. It looked just as good to me though!

Thank you so much for all your hard work!
Instructor
#12 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 11:31 AM
Oooh! Can you link to the tutorial you used?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:20 AM
WOO! Perfect for my dear friend Jack Sparrow...
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:42 PM
Hey Ella I need help downloading this lot....(which is AWESOME by the way
I put the rar file or what ever you call it in my downloads but it just won't work!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 8:46 PM
Ellatrue, i have a problem. when my sim get in the lake, he isn´t able to get out. he is stuck in there! can you help me?
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 3:39 PM
can you take a picture? have you changed the water level?

I didn't have any problems when testing it myself, except sometimes the sims wouldn't get out when I wanted them to because they insisted on swimming and I had to wait for them to get bored. But I don't think that's related, somehow.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 3:33 AM
I love it! Its hard getting a view of the sim in the lake, because it is hard to get a close up because of the hills around the water.

Zomgz. The Monkey Just Ate My Pudding N Pickles =O

Visit the baby-->toddler guide at http://www.freewebs.com/bouncingbabysim. Under Counstruction
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 12:24 PM
Ella, I don't think you get nearly as much thanks as you deserve for all your wonderful (EP free!) creations. AND you just used pirate language for a whole post! You definatly deserve a featured upload and you have my thanks for this lot (and every other I've downloaded from you!)

:P
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:08 PM
Yar! Prepare to be boarded!
I thank ye! :p

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:58 AM
How did you make it swimmable?
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 7:41 PM
For any questions about how I made it swimmable, please refer to the tutorial link in the original post. It's just below the second picture.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 3:48 PM
I just downloaded the perfect Jack Sparrow, and now he has the perfect place to live! Kudos and thanks for your great download!

"Blubber nuggets...mmm...they're chewy!" - Cosmo
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:42 PM
You've made this by extracting ideas from my dreams. Absolute love. n_n
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:31 PM
Aye, mate....that's a right fine place for any pirate worth their salt.

Yours in Piratical Simhood,
Vampire Hunter Amanda

"HIDE THE RUM!!!!" - Capt. Jack Sparrow
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 9:52 PM
WOW!!! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!! THANK YOU!!!
OMG!! IT'S AMAZING :O
How Can you do that?
Page 1 of 2