Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

new career - sim in black

by Emma_Barrett Posted 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:07 PM

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:11 PM
oh! my this is good, really good. Whats the answer to Heidis chance card :-P? no really.... what is it?
Does it take over anything?

Life is like toast! Sometimes its golden and sometimes its burnt. Now go make me some toast- thats an order.
Whilst you was distracted by toast, I took over the world. Yes now you must make me some toast because I'm the queen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:17 PM
lol!! you'll have to try it and find out .... lol

sorry not about much anymore
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:27 PM
lol ok :-D

Life is like toast! Sometimes its golden and sometimes its burnt. Now go make me some toast- thats an order.
Whilst you was distracted by toast, I took over the world. Yes now you must make me some toast because I'm the queen.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:00 PM
hi ^^ this is great and i love the chance cards but how often do you get a chance card

Wheres The Beef?!?!
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:45 PM
This looks great! I notice that the higher position, the less time it takes to work(by an hour), which is a reward in itself, I suppose.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:59 PM
Very nice =]

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. =]
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 9:37 PM
Thanks!!! I've always wanted a career like this
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:47 PM
Looks interersting. From the pics it seems to be interesting, but you might want to fix some spelling errors.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 1:45 AM
Fantastic! I've been waiting for this! Thanks sooo much!

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:44 AM
Another teriffic career, Emma. Thanks for sharing.

Blowing out anothers candle doesn't make yours shine any brighter.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 11:38 AM
yay i love this. soo want it

"By perseverance, the snail reached The Ark"- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
~*~MORE SIMS ON THE WAY SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE~*~
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 11:52 AM
Hey Emma,

A great career, but I've found that when you get promoted the promotion blurb doesn't come up and you don't get your bonus. My Sim is still getting his daily pay, and that does go up ok, it's just the promotion bit that doesn't work.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 4:38 PM
Very nice! I have to test it still. I know how troublesome it is to make a career (how long it takes just to plan and lay-out the career options, chance cards, etc.), but I tend not to download careers (no matter how good they are) if their icons don't look good. Could you please provide a screenshot of the career icon?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 8:45 PM
Cuteness! I just watched MIB for the bazillionth time the other night. This is a very sweet career you've made. It took me about thirteen readings for me to understand the sentence structure in the second screenshot, but my addled brain finally caught up.
I'm excited to try it out! Thanks!
Always,
Emma
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 12:02 AM
is it ep compatible.... ive keep downloading careers that arnt and it majorly screws my game up so i was just wondering coz i really like your career and want to download it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:18 AM
yes it's ep fine and tested with all!

sorry not about much anymore
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 5:31 PM
does it overwrite any other careers?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:47 AM
Could someone please tell me if it overwrites anything? I will not download a custom career unless there are guid specifications. Thank you.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 2:54 PM
Hi Emma,

I tried to test your career, but I got by accepting the job the following error message: Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.

I still tooked the job for my guy and he went to work. His first day at work, and when he came home with the first promotion, I got the same error message and the guy didn't got payed at all.

I tried it with a new character, but after taking the job the error message came up again and I changed the job.

I have all expansions packs but not that small fun pack crap from Maxis.

Log entries from the error messages are in the rar file and I hope it will help us to fix something, because I like an unsual carrer like this one.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 2:16 PM
This seems to be a pretty nicely written career --the chancecards as shown in the screencaps seem pretty cool --but it would be even nicer if:

1. the work hours for the last 3 levels were a little more believeable, even in a make-believe world. (Seriously, does anyone think Agent J, K, or Z earn their paychecks by working 3 hours or less per day?? ) I believe it's okay to increase their salaries (to a certain extent), but the hours? *sucks breath in through teeth* I seriously hope you'll consider adding maybe 2, or better yet, 3 more hours per work day for the last 3 levels.

2. you could indicate clearly whether a new GUID was used, Group ID was fixed, etc. I'm guessing you did, seeing as you wrote a beginner's tutorial on creating custom careers, but I also believe in indicating so clearly in the topic post, as it would give users ease of mind to download and use this hack;

3. an picture of the career icon were uploaded.

I understand there are some new careers submitted lately where the hours are ludicrously short (to nonexistent) , the salaries are through the roof , and the odds of getting a bad outcome from chance cards are 0. I chose not to post on those threads, as I believe they are lost causes.

Xelas Winterdream
Supreme Master of Doing Things at the Rate of Planets Evolving Intelligent Lifeform
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:44 AM
Default im the same
Quote: Originally posted by Lins
Hey Emma,

A great career, but I've found that when you get promoted the promotion blurb doesn't come up and you don't get your bonus. My Sim is still getting his daily pay, and that does go up ok, it's just the promotion bit that doesn't work.

mine is the same.. no promoted blurb.. all i get it a error card..lol.. sayin you sent me a crapy guild.. i have all ep's plus the add on's//(glorm, fun stuff etc etc) will be taking out until undated.. or it might be one of my other mod's... to bad though.. would really like this one.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:12 PM
I love it. Thank you ^_^
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 3:33 AM
I'm having a really weird problem with this career. The days it says in the blurbs that the Sim works are not the same as the days highlighted, or the times either. So I keep getting messages that my sim is late for work, or has missed work on days or times that the carpool doesn't even show up.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 12:21 PM
Sounds fun, mmh...sim "Esmé Zurich enjoys everyday activties like any other sim in Pleasantview; gardening, dancing, yoga but it's not what it looks like she works for a secret organization." It's getting me excited! Thanks a million for this.
Page 1 of 2