Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Antoinette and Louis

by alexasrosa Posted 19th Nov 2006 at 4:39 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:25 AM
Wow, how fabulous! I was hoping that someone would be inspired to do this period after the movie came out, and I'm saddened that not more people have. People seem to forget about the periods between Medieval and Victorian! You are very talented and I thank you for all your creations. I love these meshes!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:55 AM
These are absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you so much for your work and sharing alexasrosa!

Support our troops, bring them home!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:38 AM
Beautiful work!
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:05 AM
Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing! :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:30 AM
You're so good with these things awesome as always, great detail. -thumbs up-

we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion
Alchemist
#7 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:20 AM
Very beautiful dress and outfit for that couple. They really look like them in real life.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:27 AM
Wow!
These are a great recolour!
Thanks

Cats Will Be Your Leaders!!!!!!!!!
98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

*OZZEL* For Eva!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:15 AM
Wow! This is such beautiful texturing! No wonder you have so many thanks!

See my art here.
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:03 PM
So pretty both of them!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:26 PM
Amazing detail and texturing!! Really fantastic work. Thank you so much!

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:37 PM
Beautiful, excellent simming. Worst movie I have ever seen. But you did a great job!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:10 AM
beautiful, when i saw the movi... i waned to make them... but im to lazy... xD great work!
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 10:52 PM
These are beautiful. I still want to see the movie.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 12:19 AM
Absolutely fabulous!!
Now, if I could only work up the courage to start building Versailles...

Scientists say 1 out of every 4 people is crazy. Check 3 friends - if they are okay, you're it!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 10:50 PM
I think the clothing for them is beautiful, and there is many good features about them. Yet as someone doing a history Major at university I feel I need to say this. But you may well know this. But it may indeed not be relevent if you're Marie Antoinette and Louis Capet are based upon the actors in the film rather than the actual historical figures. Should that not be the case however, I would like to point out that Louis was quite overweight as a boy, and became evewn more so after his union with M.A. Additionally the features you used of Marie Antoinette aren't really unique to her. She had eyelids that almost looked like the shape of a setting sun. There is another M.A on here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=199850 that I believe has the facial features very accurate and a lovely hair but they made Marie overweight. I absolutely love the gown your M.A is wearing and I do like that she has different hair. She is still beautiful and definately recognisable. And youre Louis is looking fabulous as well. Definately some of the best work I have seen on here. If the comments I have made are not necessary because you based your sims on the actors. I apologise. I just felt that ignorant need i get sometimes to say...
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aphotic_fleece
I think the clothing for them is beautiful, and there is many good features about them. Yet as someone doing a history Major at university I feel I need to say this. But you may well know this. But it may indeed not be relevent if you're Marie Antoinette and Louis Capet are based upon the actors in the film rather than the actual historical figures. Should that not be the case however, I would like to point out that Louis was quite overweight as a boy, and became evewn more so after his union with M.A. Additionally the features you used of Marie Antoinette aren't really unique to her. She had eyelids that almost looked like the shape of a setting sun. There is another M.A on here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=199850 that I believe has the facial features very accurate and a lovely hair but they made Marie overweight. I absolutely love the gown your M.A is wearing and I do like that she has different hair. She is still beautiful and definately recognisable. And youre Louis is looking fabulous as well. Definately some of the best work I have seen on here. If the comments I have made are not necessary because you based your sims on the actors. I apologise. I just felt that ignorant need i get sometimes to say...

It's quite alright. I too am a bit "crazy" about historical accuracy (that's what I majored on in the Univesity...don't know how you call someone who did that...PHD? Degree?..)
Anyway, I did based these on the film and not on the real Antoinette. She has a lot of very good portraits but I still didn't made up my mind on which one to chose. AND...the sims I use are simply models that I have in my computer. I do chose the hair, but don't bother much about the facial features as I'm not presenting a Sim, but only the costume.

I guess I'll have to focus a bit more on that - a lot of people comment on the models...

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 6:26 AM
well if its just the costume then its brilliant! I love it! I thought it was a whole sim download! Well then it's amazing! I'm sorry if I sounded picky Thats just what i do! Did you make the paintings in the screenshots? I love your Versailles backdrop as well. I honestly thought u were uploading them as whole sims. So sorry for my pickyness
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:13 PM
This is just GREAT!
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:32 AM
Ah, very nice! Does she say, "Let them eat cake" ?

watch my vids!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KiyoKenshin
P.S. thanks 4 the awesome content!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 12:46 PM
Besens page has changed. You can find the mesh here now. http://www.besens-sims2.de/index.ph...Data&dataID=558
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 5:13 AM
And I believe that Sussi's is on MTS, here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=208906
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:46 AM
My god, you are a saint! These are great, thanks for posting!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 9:04 AM
links for female mesh not working