Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mofuku mourning kimono and a sky blue houmongi kimono

by Fantastrid Posted 28th Dec 2006 at 12:24 AM - Updated 24th Jan 2007 at 4:04 PM by Fantastrid : adding pics

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 5:22 PM
The Chinese colour of mourning is white, not black, but it doesn't matter if nobody needs really realistic kimonos.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:19 AM
*twitch...twitch* Oh yeah...it is sooooo your fault I'm spending the last of my money to get the Holiday EP....lol. Just for this outfit and the other one you've recolored lol.

Awsome job!

Happy New Year!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muufi1
The Chinese colour of mourning is white, not black, but it doesn't matter if nobody needs really realistic kimonos.

Hi!

Yes it's true that most asians used to use white as a mourning colour - ind fact I believe they still dress up the bodies in white kimonos. I dont know about wether the chinese still use this, but nowadays the japanese (cause my kimonos are japanese) use this black kimono as a mourning outfit.
So I daresay that its realistic

Here is a link where you can check it out: http://www.yamaoka-k.co.jp/mofuku.htm
and
http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au...uku_kimono.html

Fantastrid
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 12:29 PM
Is it possible to Make this kimono for men too?
Cause i would love to have this kimono for my cross dressing sim its so beautyful <3

-s-b-t-
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 12:14 AM
Fantastrid, this rocks! ^^;''
I'm making a Japanese neighborhood... But it's probably not gonna be modern times, since I always hate modern day culture in any area... In any case, all your stuff ROCKS!
I bought the Holiday expansion recently... It's now possibly my favorite expansion simply because of the hakama mesh. xD
There have been kimono meshes in the past, but no one made a hakama mesh, so my plans for any male sims whatsoever in older Japanese neighborhoods were foiled. xP
Thanks for these recolors; they're all so BEAUTIFUL!
-Goes straight to Wiki and reads more to see which of what kimonos I should use for various families-
xDDD
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 8:43 PM
What EP do you need for this? I downloaded it, but it wont work on my game.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Octohelicopter
What EP do you need for this? I downloaded it, but it wont work on my game.

You need the Holiday stuff pack (i think that's what it called) because this is a recolour of a outfit that came in that SP

<Just a broken heart that the world forgot. </3>