Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Haori & Hakama set with samurai motive

by Fantastrid Posted 29th Dec 2006 at 11:05 PM - Updated 24th Jan 2007 at 3:52 PM by Fantastrid : expansion stuff pack needed

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:43 PM
Great! Thanks!

I can resist everything except temptation
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:26 AM
I have to say, Thank You very much for this--I wasn't sure if anyone would EVER come out with a special Japanese outfit for the men
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:48 AM
Thanks, but I think you should put Holiday pack required just in case.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:03 AM
This doesn't require Holiday pack, does it? o_o
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:22 AM
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!
I've been requesting male japanese clothing, forever.

...now I just gotta get that darn stuff pack XD
Forum Resident
#7 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:40 AM
nice idea!! Thank you so much..,
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:35 AM
Nice job with the picture on the back.

~Chris

There are many myths about planes. Not many people know them. My favorite one is the propellor one: The propellor is on the front of the plane, it cools the pilot, because when it turn off, the pilot starts sweating.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majios_Glare
This doesn't require Holiday pack, does it? o_o

It does.

Quote: Originally posted by aori_tsuki
Thanks, but I think you should put Holiday pack required just in case.

It is already mentioned. And the Holiday Pack icon is not available here.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 7:12 AM
I really like Holiday pack kimonos, but I wanted them to be everyday outfits too...
Can somebody do this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Outsider
I really like Holiday pack kimonos, but I wanted them to be everyday outfits too...
Can somebody do this?

Hi! My kimonos are already everyday outfits. If you want the maxis ones, you just open body shop, hit the "create" button and find the kimono under clothing. Then you export it and immediately after than you can import the kimono again, and choose which categories to show it in.

Fantastrid.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:34 PM
Thanks! It's awesome. Just wondering.. could you do this outfit for woman so that my sim girls can have that to?...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:16 AM
omg! This is just what I've been searching for!!! x_X

Wait...Holiday expansion...NOOOOOO!!! Ok...no fair...

Just for this, I'm going to go and buy the Holiday EP; no joke.

Awsome job, Fantastrid!

Happy New Year!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 4:45 AM
Ohh! these are SO incredible!

I know you've heard this before, but is there any way you could put these on a different mesh? I don't have the Holiday pack... *insert lame excuse here, sigh*

... I didn't know the Holiday Pack had kimonos. mrrrh. *sad coyote look*

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 2:38 PM
Dont worry.....*rufles sad coyotes headfur*
nether did i till i got it home lol.....(but you can get some womens kimono's recols here that are just as good, with a link to the places the mesh is at eheh)

actually, im wondering about that.....has anyone tried making a pair of sims with the xmas pack AND pets installed? i mean, i hear that pets makes meshes become included in the installable, so....surely EA hasnt made it that non-EA content only meshes are included, but their own are left alone?
(admitedly, i know bugger all about the tech side, but would it be possible to do that, exclude your own game meshes, but make sure everyone elses were packeage?)

it might work, i sure hope so, casue then a ton of people could at least have the kimono ect and not have to go out and buy the xmas pack if all they wanted was just the two outfits (by dling a pair of sims with those outfits on and them having come from a person that has both xmas pack and pets i mean)

oh, and the kimono's and haori&hakama you have done are fantastic ^^
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 5:11 PM
*grins* I just have to say that discovering this outfit and your amazing kimonos made me go out and buy that darn Holiday pack after all (considering the only thing in it I wanted was the fireworks, and the rest of it just annoys me, I didn't think I would... naturally this was before discovering that omg they have kimono outfits )... thank you. ^_^ I'd join Dolphindragon888 in wishing some kind mesher could make this outfit available for my female sims as well, I have a few that could really use it.

I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions towards clothing of similar style to fit teens and children? It seems that has been overlooked by Maxis once again
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 2:36 AM
*has bought the Holiday EP* I must say...this outfit looks awsome in game!

♪ I'm a Sound Ninja! Weeeeeee!!! ♪ *runs into wall*
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 7:44 PM
Thank you very much! <3

Meow/\ /\
___o( o_o)o___
|_|__|_|__|_|_|
_|__|_|__|_|__|
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 2:51 PM
This is so cool, it is hard to find something oriental-styled for male sims but I was lucky that i found your download and this is great :D

"...One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie." - J. R. R. Tolkien
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 5:11 AM
Wonderfully done! Finally males have kimonos! BTW, does this need any expansion packs? I've read somewhere that you need holidays EP? Really?

I'm pretty, huh? I'm not even PRETTY enough to FIT my shoes!
Instructor
#21 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 1:05 PM
Um, if this needs Holiday Pack, why isn't there a tag?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silenthill_addict
Um, if this needs Holiday Pack, why isn't there a tag?

For the last time ppl, there are no tags for Holiday pack or any of the stuff packs.

Get anime recolors and more - here
Sorry I can no longer make recolors for Sims 2.

You can make a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather - "Ms. Jackson", Outkast
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 4:28 AM
There are tags for stuffpacks now.

Thankyou thank you thank you! I love your Japanese outfits! I had to go through and search for more after seeing just one set. Yours are all awesome, I spent the evening downloading them all. This is just the first one I commented on. I did hit the "thanks" on them all, though. Great work! And I love that you based them on real items/patterns.

Beautiful.
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:00 AM
You have this tagged for needed only the base game when you clearly state that the holiday pack is needed...