Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh: Gaudy Seventies Lamp

by zookini Posted 9th Jan 2007 at 12:04 AM - Updated 22nd Oct 2008 at 1:42 PM by -Maylin-

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:13 AM
Nice job, zook But I thought your uploas from now on were going to have that logo thing and the white backgroud? The lamp looks great!

EDIT: Oh sorry didn't see the last sentence. Here's your feedback :

I think it might be better when your thumbnail image has a picture of the in-game pik like your other thumbnail piks because it may get you more views, therefore more downloads, comments, and thanyous When you got just a picture...of...well...not what the object looks like in-game...people might not be so interested. I mean, I guess that's why the site has thumbnails, so people see what the download looks like when they click on the download name. That's just my opinion It's very creative though!

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:21 AM
I can't decide on them, and I think I like these the best because they are different, and not so main stream Thanks for the feedback
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:23 AM
I love this.... I swear my grandparents have two of these exact lamps in their house...I have to get it just for that reason!!
As for the tumbnails, I agree with pacotacoplayer - the thumbnails with actual pictures would prolly get you more views and downloads. I personally like the thumbnail you used, that's what got MY attention, just because it was so different. Hah, I guess thats kind of a swing vote eh??

I'd rather take the butcher's word for it....
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:25 AM
Awesome! I have a lamp that is the same style.

Click here if you want to see something really cool!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:25 AM Last edited by worship4ever0227 : 9th Jan 2007 at 12:32 AM.
It's perfectly ugly! Thanks! lol

Oh, and for the record - the drawing-type thumbnail pic is what drew my attention... I wouldn't have likely looked otherwise.

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:29 AM
i agree with the thumbnail i seen the drawing and im like hmmm i have GOT to see this so i clicked it and the first thing i said was ewwww those are so ugly...great detail though i think you did an awesome job at capturing the ugliness of the 70s!

Just and ordinary girl on a never ending road trip.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:30 AM
Great Object! Thank you!

Love is the Greatest Power!!! :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:42 AM
Thank you guys, you help keep it interesting :P
Instructor
#10 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:01 AM
Wow, I've seen that lamp in my aunt's apartment somewhere. Thanks for sharing! :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:03 AM
I am in a contest going through differnt decades this will be PERFECT when I get to the 70's. Thanks!

pidgey pidgey pidgey.....potato
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:24 AM
Is it weird that I think they're pretty? =)
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:44 AM
I think they are pretty also and will add a nice touch to our homes. And i'm thinkinh of recoloring them also, just had an inspiration lol

Btw the thumbnails are very beautiful and clever ;-) Many times i have thought on trying to keep a theme or a specific border to my thumbnails e.t.c but i keep changing lol It's a nice way for people to instantly recongise who the creator is. To tell you the truth sometimes i get drag by the picture itself to the upload page before even looking who the creator is so i think it;s clever :-P

You will find my older and newest creations here
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#14 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:45 AM
Sick! I love it.

Believe it or not, my grandma actually had overly ornate lamps that were even worse than these... they were enormous porcelain trophy shaped vase things with arms on the sides and frilly flowers sculpted on and just... ugh. Gloriously awful.

On a side note, the detailing you did with the claw feet is amazing... just thought you should know.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:58 AM
Very cool! I swear I see these type of decorations in every house I go into...even if they are in the shed.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 3:10 AM
Well, I personally like the 'Gaudy Seventies' stuff so I'll be glad to have this in my collection, Zookini! The more period pieces and era objects I can get, the better!
Thanks so much
Forum Resident
#17 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 3:13 AM
Awesomely hideous, thank you!! I looove the gaudy 70's stuff
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 3:30 AM
Oh my gosh! My grandma had a couple of these in her house too!

Thank you!

jessica
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:37 AM
Oh my gawd. Tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky. It's Perfect!

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it." - Ashleigh Brilliant
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:39 AM
It's so ugly, and yet so cool! I love it. xD

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#21 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:54 AM
Nice!
I like the thumbnails...they're nifty and VERY original I think it sets your work aside from other creators. Kinda like when you see Numenor or Nengi's thumbnails...you can just tell by seeing the picture who created it. Everyone has their own style and I am down with yours!

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
#22 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:18 AM
I actually like this one, the detail is amazing Zook, thanks for this.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Mad Poster
#23 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:25 AM
Yes agreeing with Abstract, I love the detail in this one and can't wait to put in my elder homes. Plus I have some tacky furniture that this will be perfect with.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:50 PM
I really liked your thumnail for this upload. When I saw it, I had to click on the link.

This lamp is so ugly and tacky!! Good job!! This will be perfect for my sims with limited means. We need more tacky things for our sims....their lives can't all be glamorous!!!

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Forum Resident
#25 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:14 PM
Why does everyone say the lamp is UGLY???? The base is soooo beautiful! The lampshade part is okay! Thanks!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Page 1 of 2