Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cash Register Trainer (Custom Version) - *OFB REQUIRED*

by Numenor Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 12:59 AM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 3:14 PM by -Maylin-

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:12 AM
Very nice Numenor. I found that annoying aswell, finally, we have a way to practice!

Thanks.....

I shall not go gently into that good night...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 2:03 AM
Thanks Numinor for another much needed mod. I love the idea, and it's gonna come in useful in my game!

...they call us walking corpses;
unholy living dead...

-------------

Leather, Spikes, Studs and Patches - Corinne's Creations
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:25 AM
Great job, as always. Do you know about Katy's practice cash register at the Sims Mod Board?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 5:12 AM
This is a great idea. It always frustrated me when it took so long to ring up customers but I didn't want to use a cheat to make it faster. This way they can get better at it while still having to work hard but not make the customers angry! Thanks!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 5:58 AM
This will be featured, definately. I especially love how you did it at the same speed. It always feels like cheating when it only takes them a minute to get their badge. Thank you Soooooo much, now I can hire noobie employees with a clear conscience!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:22 AM
Corylea - I'm not surprised that someone else was so annoyed by this problem and created a similar mod... I didn't know of the mod you tell about (actually, I didn't know of the entire Sim Mod Board ), but now I've seen it and I noticed that Kathy's mod:
- only offers the electronic cash register (while I offer the antique one, too)
- can't be used by children (mine can)
- has been downloaded 1317 times in 7 months (while mine has been dl'd 538 times, including the global mod version, in 12 hours )

Pepperdawg - Yes, I know what you mean I hate cheating, too. In fact, you can't instruct your employees to practice (in the real life, no one keeps the employees in the closed shop with the only purpose to make them practice); if you want an employee good at the cash register, you have to hire one that already has the needed badges.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:40 AM
Thanks Numenor!! I love this!!
My little simmies are very happy they now can practice using the cash register.
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:43 PM
Thank you forever Numenor, these two modified cash registers are very useful, the employees training is the worst side of the sim-business. Kiss and ciao.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 1:52 AM
Numenor - you so rock - we are not worthy!
I can see my sim kids *playing shop* with this like they play with the teleprompter to get charisma points.

Grazie molto caro

You never can truly tell when you have run out of invisible ink
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 7:40 PM
Thank you Numenor for this great mod. I'm really looking forward to using it. Everything you do is so awesome and makes the game just that much better :D
Inventor
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 5:41 AM
Thank you so much, Numenor! I love this idea!

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 1:11 AM
Numenor, you did it again! You are a true Genius. Thanks for all you have done for all of us. Ciao

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:32 PM
This is a lifesaver for my game! My sims can practice their register skills after the store is closed and maybe even earn a badge early.

Favorite EP(s): Seasons, Open for Business and Free Time

Least Favorite: Pets

Neutral: Nightlife & University
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:26 PM
Oh THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I find it so annoying when my sims are just standing there and I am loosing stars! You should make objects like this for other badges! like a phone that helps you with sales, or a book that teaches you how to restock! (only to name a few that are VERY annoying)
- Happy Simming ErrMiGawd
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th May 2007 at 1:57 AM
ErrMiGawd - love your idea! That would truly be awesome. :D

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 2:20 PM
Hello, Do you think you could make it to a zip. I can only download zip files for the sims. Just let me know if you can.

Thanx
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 8:50 AM
No, I can't. But you can use the Q-Xpress in order to download and install this hack in a matter of clicks....

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:40 PM
I OWE YOU MY LIFE! No but seriously this mod is a must have for all OFB owners!!! Thank you very much for all of your hard work.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 11:13 AM
magnificent mod - thank you very much - now to make children super skilled for my fortune sims

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 12:07 AM
unfortunately it keeps me from leaving my home lot but it was a good idea! I have freetime, pets, original, OFB, university, night life, and when my friend mails be bon voyage I will have that too. I also have Ikea stuff.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 12:35 AM
Exactly, what does it happen when you try to leave your home? Is it relevant where are you going (i.e. to your business lot, or a normal community lot)?
I've never heard of such a bug, and I find difficult to put the blame on the Cash Register Trainer (that contains few BHAVs that are used only when someone uses a cash register).

Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:01 AM
I removed all my custom content except the cash register and when I pick up the phone to call a taxi or try and walk there it A immediately puts down the phone and doesn't even put up a widow or B when I try and walk it cancels the task without even putting up a window. I haven't tried a owned car yet. I am trying to go to my Sims flower shop that she owns. it is called flora's flower shop on behalf that her name is flora. I made it myself in case you are wondering.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:18 AM
And if you remove the Trainer from the Downloads (thus leaving the Downloads empty), does it solve the problem?

Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 3:11 AM
yes, I can access my lots. my guess is that is just my computer or some virus I picked up. it doesn't matter to me too much because I have some employees with gold cash register badges
Page 1 of 2