Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My sheer curtains entirely redone to be used in diagonal too...**Update 031507** Now in white and black

by -Maylin- Posted 17th Jan 2007 at 6:23 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 11:14 AM by -Maylin-

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:47 PM
wow they are very cool! great screenies too

HELLO
Click HERE to view all of my downloads!

Ty Woodchip50
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:56 PM
Yeah! I was just wanting some sheer curtains yesterday, thank you Maylin, these are perfect!
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 7:24 PM
wonderful, Thank you, have been wanting this these items!

DDude
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 8:47 PM
Beautiful curtains; thank you for the diagonals! Also, this is a little off-topic, but from where did you get that shiny wood floor in your screenies?
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by polonius
Beautiful curtains; thank you for the diagonals! Also, this is a little off-topic, but from where did you get that shiny wood floor in your screenies?

You can find the wooden floor here http://www.rensim.com/index.php
under: Wall/Floors _ page 2 _ wood slats-bird's eye dark

For the shiny part :it's the "transparent mirror flooring" created by muranomobilia(http://www.muranomobilia.com/produc.../millenium.html) that you can place over your own floor...

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 2:13 AM
Absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:34 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with these zips being corrupt or invalid files? I've tried several times to download all three files and each time I get the same error message when WinZIP tries to unzip them. I'd love very much to have these curtains since they work diagonally but I'm apparently unable to get a good download on them.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:30 AM
I love this curtains. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:49 AM
lol, thanks! I didn't wanna bug you so I never requested but when I was playing and put on curtains I did wonder why they wouldn't go on those walls. Awesome now. Thanks!

"Practice, practice, practice until you eventually get numb on rejections."
~Brian Klemmer
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 3:59 PM
i think these should have gotten a feature
they are excellent cute
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 9:28 AM
First of all, thanks for sharing these lovely curtains.
I had the same problem as # 9 Jay61, time and again I got the message: Cannot open file, does not appear to be a valid archive. After several attempts (including Q-Xpress), I finally got the complete downloads, installed them and got all the items to show up in the box. However the 2 –tile version can’t be placed. I’ve checked in my downloads subfolder (Objects) and with the search option I found 48 files in total. Is it a matter of an (still) incomplete install ? I only have the base game, could this be the reason?
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noke wan
First of all, thanks for sharing these lovely curtains.
I had the same problem as # 9 Jay61, time and again I got the message: Cannot open file, does not appear to be a valid archive. After several attempts (including Q-Xpress), I finally got the complete downloads, installed them and got all the items to show up in the box. However the 2 –tile version can’t be placed. I’ve checked in my downloads subfolder (Objects) and with the search option I found 48 files in total. Is it a matter of an (still) incomplete install ? I only have the base game, could this be the reason?

I'm really sorry to hear that!
In fact, I used a new zip Program for my packages. Maybe it is the responsible.
So I upload all the packages zipped with my older zip program. Please tell me if it works!That will help me for my future uploads...
You must find 48 files (16 for each curtains) and you don't need any EP for them.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#15 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 1:50 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I dowloaded them just fine. And they look fabulous in game! It wasn't your new zip package, its just a problem people are having on the site and with there computers.

See these threads:
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215512
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=214418
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215335

One other thing Maylin, these used a different GUID so they didn't override your original ones. Are you going to delete the thread from the ones that don't have diagonal?
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 2:01 PM
Thanks HugeLunatic!

One other thing Maylin, these used a different GUID so they didn't override your original ones. Are you going to delete the thread from the ones that don't have diagonal?[/QUOTE]

I have just added a message and a link at the beginning of the other threads. I'm not sure that it's necessary to delete them because they are different than this ones...

Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:55 PM
Thanks for adding the “all with older zip program.zip” option. Unfortunately it didn’t make any difference; the two tile version can’t be placed – having just the base game. I know now this has nothing to do with the latest download-problems we all experience here at MTS2, but that it’s probably caused by some changes to the game that came with the EP’s. It’s by no means the first time that something that should work without any EP, doesn’t. Time for me to really start thinking about expanding here and there….
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:57 AM
Thank you so much! Lovely work - and just what I was looking for!

Thank you again!
Space Pony
#19 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 6:36 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!! TYVM!!!!!!!!
So, now I have to find your old ones and delete them out... but I'm more than happy with that as the price to pay to have diagonal ones - I adored these curtains before... and now I'm EXTRA-STOKED! Ty!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st May 2007 at 5:07 AM
Wow
It make to good looking for my house.
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 24th May 2007 at 2:57 AM
Beautiful done!
They are so very lovely -Thank you so much for sharing your work’

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:40 PM
Both, the new and the old, didn't work for me to download. It said "page is unable to display", and it only shows up on your downloads. I was able to download with the other ones(except the blue fixed one). I've downloaded other things today that have worked. What's wrong with the download?

Laaa!La la! Please don't inturupt my singing while I'm ignoring you.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 9:29 PM
Absolutely beautiful. Good work and thank you!

luv,
Kat
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nimue-Lia
Is the Mesh included? 'Cause I really them, but I don't know^^

The meshes are included in the zip files (1 tile long, 1 tile short, 2 tiles)

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:18 AM
Can't get these to unzip. I get a "Unknown format or damaged" message. Are they posted in a rar file format somewhere?
Page 1 of 2