Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Request Marine career

by skiingiggy Posted 17th Jan 2007 at 8:31 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2007 at 1:29 AM by skiingiggy

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 12:21 AM
Does it use the uniforms for the Maxis military career?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 4:08 PM
Thanx dude
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:15 PM
Lieutenant Colonel is higher than 1st and 2nd Lieutenant? Wow, I didn't know that. Probably because my knowledge of USMC ranks has been sort of messed up thanks to Battlefield 2 =D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:57 PM
-OORAH!-

your rank structure is mostly correct but it actually goes like this:
O-1 2nd Lieutenant, O-2 1st Lieutenant, O-3 Captain, O-4 Major, O-5 Lieutenant Colonel, O-6 Colonel (aka Full Bird), O-7 Brigadier General, O-8 Major General, O-9 Leiutenant General, O-10 General
Commendant of the Marine Corps is a billet, not a rank. There is Sgt.Maj. of the Marine Corps of which is a rank only one Sgt.Maj. (Enlisted) can obtain at a time.

But anyway, awesome career! -Semper Fi!-

-Isis-
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:07 PM
I have the perfect guy for this career. So thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 6:36 PM
I put this in my game and for some reason it's ALWAYS available as the first career on the computer. Others come up in the other four slots but whichever level the Sim qualifies for is always the first. Just like my son. Good work!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 10:07 PM Last edited by DannyKun : 21st Jan 2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: left out something
Cool... and wow.... the ranks are in order, except the Commander of the Marine Corp. A Sergeant Major which is like lower then all of those ranks can be a Marine Corp Commander. (Which is only given to one person)
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:29 PM
hey i like them all just fine thank you..rev.jim
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:35 AM
Is there anybody that can mod this career and make the uniforms? or atleast different uniforms than the military career track in the game? alternate the uniforms, between woodland, desert, alphas, ext ext. and maybe change up the ranks. give the enlisted side of the family some love too. just skip some ranks, and then halfway through the career jump to officer. something like:
pvt
lcpl
sgt
ssgt
cpt
ltcol
brig gen
gen
commandant
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th May 2007 at 11:18 PM
Hey this is cool, but I have two questions:

1- Isn't this paralell to the Maxis-made Military career?
2- Why only officers? I'd really love to see a career for my enlisted Sims.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:05 PM
This career would be great for my sims but when I open the thing it says there is no files there to do anything with anyone have any ideas how I can get it to download?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:02 PM
i have no clue, and honestly can't help. it worked last time i tried but something may have happened during site shanges, i have noidea.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:26 AM
Hey I really like the idea of this career in my Sim game, but I can't find it. Is there a problem that has recently come up with the file? I believe I downloaded it correctly, and I'm getting the "Enabled or Disable custom content" message when my game first comes up, but I can't find the career in my paper or computer. Is there an error or am I just being a noob? Please help.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 3:17 PM Last edited by felty : 1st Dec 2008 at 3:26 PM.
thanks for the career.though i agree that give some love to the enlisted personnel without them theres no front liner.Horahh!Semper Fi!
and another thing can anyone edit the uniform?because it feel lousy for the marine corps.thanks in advance.cheers!

Devil Dogs Tears with its Salty Boots....
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:31 PM
i put it in but when the vehichle arrived it was removed from my sims que right away.
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:18 AM
nice careers ! how about these Ranks based on real Ranks in the US Navy

10.Fleet Admiral
9.Admiral
8.Vice Admiral
7.Rear Admiral
6.Captain
5.Commander
4.Lieutenant Commander
3.Lieutenant
2.Lieutenant, Junior Grade
1.Ensign

nice job im just recomending!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 5:32 PM
will you make an animal control career?
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:59 AM
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Go Marines.

--Chelsea
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:56 PM
Quote:
Feedback Welcome, and please don't6 ask for custom uniforms or chance cards. I can't do uniforms,and uses them from maxis career. it was requested w/ out chance cards so that's how i made it. Thanks!

So... are you saying you didn't do much, only changed the job titles and MAYBE the job descriptions, other than that you used MAXIS'S military career/uniforms?

ENTJ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:12 PM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 2:48 PM
Awesome! Is there any chance that this can be made for Sims 3 as well? It'd be perfect for one of the sims I plan to make.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:17 AM
Thank you.