Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ten new recolours of Mijutaro's kimono for teens

by Fantastrid Posted 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:42 PM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 12:07 PM
These are awesome Fantastrid! I could definitly use these in my japanese neighborhood

(O_o)/") hi!
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 12:04 AM
Thank you so much! These are so beautiful!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:08 AM
thanks this is awesome for my china town

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 11:11 PM
These are lovely! I can't wait to use them on my sims ^.^
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 5:28 PM
Default Closed Link, Find the mesh here
The link for this mesh has been closed by Mijutaro.
You can find the Mesh and a couple of Mijutaro's kimonos at SimIslands
http://sims-islands.but.jp/2008/index2.html
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:32 AM
Rats. These look so lovely, but they don't show up. I went over to Mijutaro's site (thanks to Kwazywabbit for the link!) downloaded the original and the mesh, but nothing shows up when I try to buy the clothing. Even after repeating the whole process. The name of the mesh file is _mijutaro_MESH_046_tf_Kimono.package , right?

Similar with the kimonos for male teens and grown ups of both genders. This is such a pain; they look gorgeous and I'd love to try them out, and on top of that I've seen no other asian clothes for teens so far.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Any idea what to do about it? I'd really appreciate advice.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 9:48 PM
the person who made the mesh deleted it
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alchemist
Rats. These look so lovely, but they don't show up. I went over to Mijutaro's site (thanks to Kwazywabbit for the link!) downloaded the original and the mesh, but nothing shows up when I try to buy the clothing. Even after repeating the whole process. The name of the mesh file is _mijutaro_MESH_046_tf_Kimono.package , right?

Similar with the kimonos for male teens and grown ups of both genders. This is such a pain; they look gorgeous and I'd love to try them out, and on top of that I've seen no other asian clothes for teens so far.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Any idea what to do about it? I'd really appreciate advice.

I'm having thse exact same problems and i cant ever go to the site Kwazywabbit put in the link. Obviously this mijutaro guy doesn't want people using his Kimono mesh >.>;;
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 2:51 AM
I guess this discussion is a bit old, so I'm sorry if this isn't relevent anymore, but... the mesh is definitely there. I just got it and it works just fine. Maybe you guys missed it because there's no image attached to it? It's only below the black kimono, after a line break.

Then again, maybe this Mijutaro was having site problems and has only put it back or something. Anyway, it's definitely there now. ^^,

Anyway, these recolors are lovely and they look very authentic -- something that really can't be said for most so-called "kimono" outfits that people make.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:31 PM
Direct link to the mesh here:
http://sims-islands.but.jp/cgi/down...6_tf_Kimono.rar

If I buy 3 oranges and 2 apples, how far south of Scotland am I?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:18 AM Last edited by thiafy : 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:08 AM.
Direct link no longer works, it seems. =/

EDIT: The direct link with never work. HOWEVER...

Quote: Originally posted by terror_candy
To everyone having trouble finding the mesh, I THINK I found it, but I can't give you a link because it'll just show an 403 page, so you'll have to follow these instructions.

1. Go to the main page at http://sims-islands.but.jp/index.html .
2. Scroll down and hit "Enter".
3. On the left hand side, there's a menu. Find the "Downloads" heading and click on "TS2".
4. This will bring you to a page summarizing how this person's creations may be used, how to install them, etc. Just bellow the logo at the top of the page, there will be another menu. Click on "clothing" and then "child" in the drop-down menu.
5. You'll be brought to a page with kids' clothing. Scroll down and hit "NEXT" or go to page 2 (doesn't matter which).
6. Scroll down to the last outfit, which has a picture of a pink children's kimono, and under "NEED MESH", there will be a link to download "_mijutaro_MESH_042_cu_kimono.package" (the button will look like a small picture of a file or something... It'll be located beside the "126KB").

If that doesn't end up being the right mesh, I'll comment again saying so. If I don't, then it's the right one. lol

... Just change those directions as needed to get to the teen meshes. ;D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:47 AM
Thank you very very much for the tip, Thiafy :D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thiafy
Direct link no longer works, it seems. =/

EDIT: The direct link with never work. HOWEVER...

... Just change those directions as needed to get to the teen meshes. ;D

Thank you for the help!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 5:15 AM
There is no there there any more.