Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

6 Glamorous Sarees (Indian Dresses) For Valentine's Day

by AlbusDumbledore Posted 7th Feb 2007 at 2:16 AM - Updated 26th Feb 2007 at 8:27 AM by AlbusDumbledore : Had to credit XMSims for Jewellery

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 11:19 PM
These are just beautiful. I love them!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 11:19 PM
Wow! Very pretty!
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 11:43 PM
gyah, so pretty! I especially love the green one.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 12:18 AM
I love them! Too bad its not letting me download them but I'll keep trying. I've been waiting to see some more beautiful dresses to come from this mesh, thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:05 AM
Thank you everyone who have liked these sarees, With the response I am getting for this upload, I think the hardwork has really paid off, I have just came to know about the new sari mesh Bettye has created, INSHA-ALLAH I'll try to make new designs on that mesh now, and convert the old ones on that mesh too...

When you can think of yesterday without a regret and of tomorrow without a fear, you are on the road to success
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:20 AM
These ar absolutely stunning! Thankyou so much.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 7:55 PM
OOO thankyou!! If only i could find these in Real life! *im indian..stupid indian functions, i never have anything to wear!*
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:34 PM
They're so pretty! I can't wait to test them out in my game!

Darlene, where are you going?
To get Daria.
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 1:04 AM
glorious. I have to all but sit on my hands to keep from downloading them, but my hard disc is already groaning under the amoung of medieval and asian CC I have. If I start on indian my disc will probably crash. Still, they are a dream.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:41 PM
YozenBerry! This is awesome!
Alchemist
#12 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:38 PM
I love those sarees, I love al sarees, I even wear them myself, though I'm not indian.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 2:43 PM
Thanks a lot Dear...
now i am able to make my indian beauty sim....
thx once again for making me so happy....
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:36 PM
WOW those saries are beautiful ! Some of the, are very simular to the ones i have!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 3:27 PM Last edited by ir_mar : 16th Aug 2010 at 4:04 PM. Reason: adding link
They are very tasteful and beautiful. but, as with most sari meshes out there, the people who make the meshes have no idea of what a sari is. A sari is a continuous length of cloth, wrapped. So the part coming to cover the breasts and going down the shoulder to hang on the back doesn't come out of nowhere, as is shown here, it's rather the same fabric as the "skirt", a continuation of it. This looks very fake!

Look at Aishwarya Rai in a sari here.
http://bollywoodaishwaryarai.com/pi...d420e6a766bde13
and here, where she has taken the back piece and brought it to the front:
http://www.aishwarya-spice.com/gall...0749&fullsize=1

On the following page (full of really gorgeous saris and lehenga cholis, that is skirt + top sets), look at the first two pictures, where she hasn't yet draped the material around her.
http://www.bollybite.com/2010/01/ne...onal-saree.html

In the following, you will see how draping makes some pleats on the behind. Don't be confused by the fact that it's done on the right side. In different parts of India, such as the Bengal, they do it like this, on the right.
http://sareedreams.com/2010/07/this...chivaram-saree/

Finally, here is an illustration of how a sari is wrapped. It might shed light.
http://webspace.webring.com/people/...ToWearSaree.gif
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 2:09 AM
They're really pretty, but I have Sims 3. Can you make some more, only in TS3 format? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 2:37 PM
Thanks, they're pretty! But could you please make sleeved versions of them all? Traditional Indian clothing generally covers the shoulders.
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st May 2011 at 4:07 AM
Beautiful! Just so you know, it's 'sari', not 'saree'
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:47 AM
Amazing.... thanks for sharing . It is really very beautiful..
It touches my heart. Really so gorgeous.....
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 2:36 PM
Beautiful designer sarees designs with cartoon characters. Its really one of the great way to present any thing. Now cartoon character or animation industry is growing and in high demand. And about fashion industry is can't be stop. Every time you can see new fashion in the market. Now every one like to look trendy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 3:37 PM
Its really a very important day for every love birds and saree i think one of the best outfit for women specially for Indian women. It is simple with natural beauty performing outfit.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:09 PM
Thank u!