Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Old Slave Market

by McAlli Posted 25th Feb 2007 at 8:34 AM - Updated 26th Feb 2007 at 6:31 PM by McAlli

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:32 AM
Quite an Estate!! The entrance hall is just amazing and the home lavishly and beautifully decorated,love it! Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:05 PM
Hmm, I think there's a lot of potential here. instead of your suggestion of the current residents making it a market or public swimming pool, one could just make it a museum. Charge admission and just let people walk around downstairs. Of course, that would probably require some serious history lessons and tons of downloads on my part, but it's a good idea, I think.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:51 PM
That does make more sense for a historical building.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:11 PM
Actually, The old Slave Market in Charleston is just that. The bottom floor is now a fea market where local merchants sell their wares. The upper floors are open to the public as a historical building in real life. The house is not a private residence in real life. I just made it that way for the Sims game so your sims could live there. The inside is my architechure. The real one is only similar on the ground floor where the market is. The entrance hall and room placement is mine. It does not resemble the Old Slave Market building. But the outside is similar and so is the ground floor. I made it a residence so that your sims could live in it. You are free to do what you want with the house but it really is a market now on the bottom and a museum on the upper floors in reality.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:57 AM Last edited by Delphy : 27th Feb 2007 at 5:25 PM.
Very Nicely done. I'm working on the Lee Mansion at Arlington, and this has inspired me to finish.

-Q->
Sköt Looney
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 5:27 PM
Keep comments on the lot and architecture itself. Any further comments about history or debating slavery and so on will warrent in more posts being deleted and warnings handed out - no exceptions.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:15 PM
Stunning work! The interior is soooooooooo pretty! I think you did an amazing job on this home. I know my sims will enjoy it a lot! Keep up the good work :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:42 PM
Thank you for the positive feed back. I love making stuff like this but it seems like everyone wants all modern stuff. I use all kinds of decorating in my game but it seem like I am more inclined to do the traditional stuff. No imagination for the modern stuff at all. But I do soooo much appreciate your comments.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 10:26 PM
Very nice job!!! Thanks for sharing

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:40 PM
Um, this looks nothing like the market in South Carolina. You're house is very pretty, but I've been to the market a million times, and this is not it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:43 PM
I'd like a mod for a REAL slave market. You know, tweak how the business expansion works a little, like making it so you can put price tags on people just like you do with objects, and people visiting your home business could buy them. Then for the residential townies, if they bought a person, you'd go to their family and find the "slave" they bought, lol. I don't know what would happen if an npc bought a sim. Probably, you'd lose that sim forever. Thankfully, there's the tombstone of life and death, so you could always get them back if you wanted. I think it's a good idea. ^_^