Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meteo Fireplace - Important File Update - Please Re-Download!

by MizzesSimmer Posted 26th Feb 2007 at 4:42 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2007 at 2:14 PM by MizzesSimmer : File update

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 4:52 PM
looks very clean and well done thanx

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:17 PM
Wow this is so neat Mizzesimmer! Thanks for sharing , it will look awesome in modern houses!

You will find my older and newest creations here
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#4 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:38 PM
o0o0o0o0o0o nifty! thankz >^.^<

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:53 PM
Looks great though I do not think you needed to tag it with all these three Eps.
may be it rather depends on what ingame fireplace you cloned.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Alchemist
#6 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:19 PM
Really good, thank you Mizzes, I like all the textures you used for the borders. This fireplace is wonderful for modern themes. Kiss and ciao.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:43 PM
This looks amazing! Great work.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
Looks great though I do not think you needed to tag it with all these three Eps.
may be it rather depends on what ingame fireplace you cloned.

Your right, though I know you definately need Pets since I have included that when cloning, but I am unsure which, if any other EP is needed. I have them all installed, and the code is 0x8C.

If anyone has one of or a mixture of these EP installed, can you post how they work in your game? Thanks!

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:55 PM
I have been wanting a fireplace like this one forever! thanks so much! *hugs*

Visit the Sims 2 Writers Workshop here
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:55 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 26th Feb 2007 at 10:01 PM.
I loaded up my game and took a quick look at it. It showed up and I seem to have no problems. I was not in debug mode, so if any errors appeared they were hidden. I do not have Pets EP or any of the Stuff Packs. I just have Uni, Nightlife, and OFB (and Seasons as soon as I can get my hands on it).

If you wanted to really go all out you could perhaps use a different animation with the "Light fire" interaction or have it light the fireplace instantly. This would make it seem more modern (as if it had an auto-starter or was lit electronically). Personally, I'd rather have the chimmney invisible, but that's just me.

You did a great job, thank you for this!

Off topic:
You say " ***I like requests*** " in your siggy. If you're taking Bodyshop requests, I've got one.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I loaded up my game and took a quick look at it. It showed up and I seem to have no problems. I was not in debug mode, so if any errors appeared they were hidden. I do not have Pets EP or any of the Stuff Packs. I just have Uni, Nightlife, and OFB (and Seasons as soon as I can get my hands on it).

If you wanted to really go all out you could perhaps use a different animation with the "Light fire" interaction or have it light the fireplace instantly. This would make it seem more modern (as if it had an auto-starter or was lit electronically). Personally, I'd rather have the chimmney invisible, but that's just me.

You did a great job, thank you for this!

Off topic:
You say " ***I like requests*** " in your siggy. If you're taking Bodyshop requests, I've got one.

You know what, I didn't even think of that - changing the animation. I'm going to change that today. Thanks for the great idea!

I can only recolor bodyshop right now as my Milkshape trial is out. As soon as I buy it, I'll take bodyshop mesh requests. PM me for any requests.

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 11:04 PM
It was a bodyshop mesh request. I'm more of a Wings3D person and that little program just doesn't seem to like the idea of joints and bone attachments. Due to that and other reasons (not excluding the fact that my Milkshape trial would probably expire before I could do any meshing), Bodyshop meshing is just out of my field sadly.

Back on topic: good luck with those changes. It is a cozy fireplace.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 11:19 PM
Fabulous! Just what I was looking for :D

Im Simalicious, baby! ;)
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:11 AM
Oh wow. I didn't even know I needed an in-wall fireplace till I saw this. Thank you so much. It looks great!
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 5:59 AM
Awesome! Thank you.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 6:20 AM
Thank you!!
Space Pony
#17 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:02 AM
Great job - thank you ! *smooch*

Silvi
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:06 PM Last edited by midge719 : 27th Feb 2007 at 1:34 PM.
fantastic, love it, thank you ever so much.

hugs

midgey
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:47 PM
This is gorgeous, Thank you so much
Scholar
#20 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 12:17 AM
This is beautiful: love it!! Thanks a lot.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:18 AM
These are perfect! But I can't get them to show anywhere, not in the build catalog in fireplaces either, and I've installed it twice, just as stated with the .txt in the scriptorium firelplace folder and the package in downloads. Any ideas?
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:03 AM
Wow, this is amazing! Great work!!

If at first you don't succeed, then you shouldn't try skydiving
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skarlett
These are perfect! But I can't get them to show anywhere, not in the build catalog in fireplaces either, and I've installed it twice, just as stated with the .txt in the scriptorium firelplace folder and the package in downloads. Any ideas?

I am not sure what it could be. Do you have any EP's istalled - NL and/or OFB?
And you are placing the text file in the fireplace Scriptorium folder?
Maybe there are duplicate fireplace texts, as in another text file with 901 as it's number?

Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizzesSimmer
I am not sure what it could be. Do you have any EP's istalled - NL and/or OFB?
And you are placing the text file in the fireplace Scriptorium folder?
Maybe there are duplicate fireplace texts, as in another text file with 901 as it's number?

Yes, I have NL & OFB. I don't have any other text files in the fireplace Scriptorium folder. It's probably a glitch on my end, I'll keep trying.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:31 AM
MizzesSimmer - What a beautiful modern fireplace! What a pity though...
It undoubtedly works, but it's not compatible with all games, and also contain a lot of resources (the Maxis chimneys) that are just useless...
You could perhaps re-make it using one of my Enhanced Templates: the resulting fireplace (with or without chimney, you choose) would be base-game compliant, will have a custom catalog description and would NOT have any useless mesh in it (which only slows down the game loading).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 1 of 2