Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

As seen on.. Hayden Panettiere

by gilysse Posted 15th Mar 2007 at 2:59 PM - Updated 22nd Mar 2007 at 10:52 AM by gilysse

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 10:16 AM
I love her. You did a great job on this dress. :D

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 1:13 PM
Thanks a lot for the wonderful comment :D

It's "gilysse" with a small "g"..

Sorry but I am no longer open for suggestions.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 1:35 PM
Well, the answer to that problem IS to use another mesh. That's a -problem- with the mesh that should not be there, due to the creator not matching up the edges of the uv map when making it. For meshes with more of a ballgown shape, where there has to be some more flare to the skirt, it's understandable (some of Sussi's meshes have that same thing), but I'm really surprised that someone would have made such a, well, straight-lined skirt with that error.

There's no really graceful way to correct for it, besides exporting the uv map for the mesh and working on top of that as you make your recolour, to try to match up the textures a little bit more, but really, if I came across a mesh like that in such a straight lined shape, I'd choose a different one.

You can try using the Where Can I Find forum at forums.sims2community.com (requires separate registration) and show them a pic of the dress you'd like to do, and people can suggest good meshes to try, hopefully with better uv mapping than the one you've used.

Still, your recolour is quite pretty, and it's a great dress.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:57 PM
Oh wow, thank you so much for your advice!! I really appreciate it.

Your compliment made my day Thanks!!

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 6:22 AM
This dress is lovely, and I see NOTHING wrong with it. I LOVE YOUR DRESSES! I hope you also saw my other comments. I admire you, and hope I can also soon be making beautiful dresses like these. You acutally inspire me not to be lazy . Haha

Quote:
it's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you

~*Cheyenne*~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 2:40 AM
LOL.. I am really honoured you admire me but there is no such need because my skill is very basic when it comes to meshing I can't do a thing.. Anyway, if you need any help you know who to seek and yes, I saw ALL your comments, LOL...

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 6:07 PM
Well, at least you got the answer on the mesh problem. I do like the design and the colors. Again, this is a one of a kind gown with a most striking design featuring unusual colors. Thank you!

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally