Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Martin L. Gore (Depeche Mode)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 27th Apr 2007 at 3:49 PM

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 4:23 PM
OMIGOD!

Thank you!!

Thsi is brilliant! and the music ain't too bad either! Thanks, lots of thanks,

+Lucky+

Visit VoVillia Corp :)
Cra5h, +Lucky+ WonderKid, Whatever...
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 4:27 PM
*happily screams* Martin L. Gore! Sorry for the fangirling, but I love Depeche Mode and to have at least one member is going to be great. Thank you, HP.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#4 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM
I bow to thee! Very striking image...you even got his moles! yay! *prances off happily with her own copy*

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 4:51 PM
I...think...I love you.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 6:25 PM
I love Depeche Mode <333
Your version of Martin is simply amazing. Thank you so much for making him
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 6:36 PM
Oh wow, he turned out great HP! Looks just like him, especially in that last closeup pic.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:05 PM
great!!
will you also do gahan?

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wargarurumon
great!!
will you also do gahan?

Oh, I'd -totally- do him, in a heartbeat, though I'd go for Martin first... Dave's yummy and I've heard he's, err, well-endowed but Martin seems like he'd be a very generous lover. :lovestruc

... Ohhhhhhhh, you meant would I make a -sim- of him. See my first post for that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#10 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:48 PM
This one had to be really tough, especially the eyes and just getting the shapes of things to look right. I've tried making celebrity sims without face masks and stuff, and they just never look right. You did a really great job balancing the features while not making him look all distorted. I wonder what he'll look like if you make him even a bit younger and strap him in with the bondage gear he used to be so fond of... heh. He really was adorable back then.

Anyway, thanks for simming him. I'd love to see you do Gahan, I'm sure you can do better than the weird maxis version they did for the sim music video.

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:52 PM
Wow!

Such lovely work. I love you. Depeche Mode is my favorite band. And Martin is my favorite member of DM. Thank you!

"Oh God it's raining And I'm not containing My pleasure at being so wet Here on my own All on my own How good it feels to be alone tonight And I haven't felt so alive In years"
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 8:04 PM
Wow. What an incredible job you've done. Thank you for sharing him with us!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 8:26 PM
my dearest maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you cannot imagine how much i love you now!
he is soooooooo cute in real life and in you simmy version, too. he is very well-done.
i have never downloaded any full-sims before, but now i definetly will. :D

thank you very very very very much. :lovestruc

the who forever.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 1:47 AM Last edited by dawnadoggies : 1st May 2007 at 2:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Oh, I'd -totally- do him, in a heartbeat, though I'd go for Martin first... Dave's yummy and I've heard he's, err, well-endowed but Martin seems like he'd be a very generous lover. :lovestruc

... Ohhhhhhhh, you meant would I make a -sim- of him. See my first post for that.

Hilarius! Thank you so much for this; I love Depeche Mode, literally grew up listening to them since my big brother got their albums when they first came out here, old school stuff like Broken Frame (though Violator is my favorite). No, change that--Enjoy the Silence (from Violator) is my favorite song; favorite album is Black Celebration.
Okay, enough raving, off to play... :P
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 2:37 AM Last edited by CrowsMan : 12th May 2007 at 8:25 AM.
Wowzers! That really is a fantastic job HP, REALLY life like. I don't know... is it just me or does he look a like another musician, the one and only Billy Corgan?

Retired...

kind of.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 3:51 AM
Oh my gosh, you didn't. But you DID!

I absolutely adore Depeche Mode and I think you did a brilliant job with Martin. If you decide to create a Dave Gahan Sim I will be thrilled to see an equally brilliant job. Bravo!
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 3:42 PM
You captured his looks so well, Mart makes an adorable Simmie :lovestruc
I always looked around for Depeche Sims, preferably from their Music for the masses/Violator days, and even saw some floating at the *shudders* Exchange, but they looked nothing like the real deal.

Seeing the great job you did with Martin makes it really hard not to beg for Dave, but I'll keep my mouth shut
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 7:11 PM
ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou!
Quote:
strap him in with the bondage gear he used to be so fond of.

That's exactly what I plan to do :lovestruc Thank you so much for a lovely Martin sim, it's the best one I've seen by far...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 10:35 PM
Awesome! If you make Dave Gahan, I shall worship you.
I saw DM live at the Music for the Masses show in Los Angeles.
Uh, yeah, that means that I was an infant, or else I'm old.
Bah!
Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 10:35 PM
Now all we need is his hat!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 10:43 PM
There's a mesh similar to his beanie hats that he always wears already in the game - it's just really...... big. Perhaps someday I'll clone myself and find time to make it smaller.

Unless you meant his older leather paperboy hat... Lovely little gnome that he is, I have to giggle at that, and the black leather skirt + pearls look.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 1:07 AM
Oh my oh my oh my... That is incredible. You spoil me dear lady. You were already my favourite simmer, but now I must build you an alter... That is so great, I can't believe it's just a sim... Wow... Depeche Mode is my favorite band, my heart stopped when I saw "Gore"... *w*
Many, many thanks.

I can't understand why makes a man hate another man help me understand.

Ahh... Where's my CDs ? I want to hear all of them !

Looking for a king mesher who could make a neckruff as an accessorie... Anyone interested ? :)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:54 PM
=D AWESOME
your sims are always great!
he look soo realistic
and i especially love the hair ^.^
Thanks for this sim HP!

woot
Instructor
#24 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:52 PM
...I'm amazed to the point of incoherency. He looks sort of 'soft' and his face is flawless, yet not completely realistic to the point where it becomes unsuitable for a game like the Sims. It's a nice balance, and I can't wait until my new computer arrives to download him!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th May 2007 at 6:20 AM
>_> I was just trying to get "John the Revelator" out of my head and then I read a couple of lines from it. Aargh.

This Sim, though, is absolutely gorgeous. I would say I'm speechless but that is never the case for me, (; He's beautiful, though. You did a great job on him, and I'm afraid there's not much else I can say without being incredibly redundant and annoying.

I'm looking forward to Gahan if you decide to Simmify him in the future.
Page 1 of 2