Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stonebridge Alpine Village

by dimsim78 Posted 27th Apr 2007 at 6:01 PM - Updated 3rd Jun 2007 at 4:09 AM by dimsim78

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 6:07 PM
Fantastic! Very Lovely! Thanks for the great neighborhood.
Theorist
#3 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM
This neighbourhood looks both attractive and practical. To me it seems to have an historical European feel to it, and the straight waterways remind me of canals.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:29 PM
looks good maybe a few to many trees but thx for the up i'll just delete em

live by the gun, die by the gun
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 7:41 PM
this is sooooo beautiful!! thanks a lot
Space Pony
#6 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 2:43 AM
Oooo nice job, I like it a lot! :D
And thank you for all the pngs as well

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:04 PM Last edited by angel f : 29th Apr 2007 at 1:34 PM.
I really like this neighbourhood. Been on the lookout for something similar for more than a year now. Can you make a few other just like this?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 2:43 PM
Whoa... That really is a pretty neighborhood! Nice job!

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st May 2007 at 12:21 PM
Your neighborhood is absolutelly fantastic! Can't wait to see your village in my game, I think I'll add your wonderful downtown ! Thank you so much for your great and precise work! By the way, what a beautiful castle, is it possible to get it?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:00 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't figure this out! It's a beautiful neighborhood, but I can't get the decorations...

Just a regular person
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2007 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uroboros07
Your neighborhood is absolutelly fantastic! Can't wait to see your village in my game, I think I'll add your wonderful downtown ! Thank you so much for your great and precise work! By the way, what a beautiful castle, is it possible to get it?

The castle i used was made by GodlyAce it's called The Beast's Castle, i changed the roof colour to black.
You can get it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=190021
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd May 2007 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nancyw41
I'm sorry, but I can't figure this out! It's a beautiful neighborhood, but I can't get the decorations...

Are you sure you read the important instructions that are included in the decorated version of this neighborhood?, I made the instructions as easy as possible so no-one would go wrong with it. :D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd May 2007 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dimsim78
Are you sure you read the important instructions that are included in the decorated version of this neighborhood?, I made the instructions as easy as possible so no-one would go wrong with it. :D

I swear I did, and I still can't figure it out. It's N006 and I replaced both files in that folder with the ones from the decorated folder. What am I doing wrong?

Just a regular person
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd May 2007 at 2:34 AM
This looks wonderful, can't wait to see it in game

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2007 at 5:59 AM
I swear I did, and I still can't figure it out. It's N006 and I replaced both files in that folder with the ones from the decorated folder. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, if N006 is the name of your neighborhood folder, then you have to rename my files "N005_Neighborhood" and "N005_Neighborhood.package" to "N006_Neighborhood" and "N006_Neighborhood.package" and then put these two files in your N006 neighborhood folder and click yes to replace the files. Hope this helps. :D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd May 2007 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dimsim78
Hi, if N006 is the name of your neighborhood folder, then you have to rename my files "N005_Neighborhood" and "N005_Neighborhood.package" to "N006_Neighborhood" and "N006_Neighborhood.package" and then put these two files in your N006 neighborhood folder and click yes to replace the files. Hope this helps. :D

I got it...sometimes I can't believe how absent-minded I can get. I'm sorry to have bothered you and I appreciate your help. Thanks again for the wonderful neighborhood and the downtown!

Just a regular person
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th May 2007 at 3:27 AM
I got it...sometimes I can't believe how absent-minded I can get. I'm sorry to have bothered you and I appreciate your help. Thanks again for the wonderful neighborhood and the downtown!

I'm glad you got it, now you can enjoy your new neighborhood and don't worry we all get absent minded at times.
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th May 2007 at 10:42 AM
It's me again, I'm playing for 4 days and must say this neighborhood is just perfect, I like river, hills, trees, it's beautiful when placed houses and villas and community lots and from every lot I enjoy a wonderful view. I've made some terrains by myself and have some very big towns (one of appr. 600 lots and 5000 characters), so I was searching for a village with the possibilities to place lots everywhere in the beauty of nature. And YOU made a neighborhood of my dreams! It's amazing! Thank you soooo much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th May 2007 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uroboros07
It's me again, I'm playing for 4 days and must say this neighborhood is just perfect, I like river, hills, trees, it's beautiful when placed houses and villas and community lots and from every lot I enjoy a wonderful view. I've made some terrains by myself and have some very big towns (one of appr. 600 lots and 5000 characters), so I was searching for a village with the possibilities to place lots everywhere in the beauty of nature. And YOU made a neighborhood of my dreams! It's amazing! Thank you soooo much!

WOW thank you for your kind comments uroboros07, i'm glad you like my neighborhood, i actually made this village so that my sims have a lot of beautiful views and i'm happy that someone picked up on that, hope your sims live long and happy lives in Stonebridge :D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th May 2007 at 4:40 PM
Wonderfull it just reminds me of my childhood and there books, and love the valleys and hills i don't know who would'nt want this? This deserves a feature!

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 7:02 PM
Hiya, This neighbourhood looks awesome, and I have just downloaded it, but when I replaced the files with the decorated ones, it doesnt show up decorated. I have tried like 3 times and it still isnt working, and I have checked the instructions over and over again, but still nothing. Can anyone help me?
Instructor
#22 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 12:52 AM Last edited by wndy26 : 14th Jul 2007 at 5:59 AM. Reason: Quick Question
I just finished downloading all four hoods and am working on installing them all per your instructions. I must say I am thrilled and excited to play these as one. I have simcity4 but just haven't practiced enough to get half as good as you did! Great job!

Update: I am decorating the main hood at the moment. I totally love the idea of a town center. The screenshots you made appear to have some canopies on them... is this for a community farmers market and if so...is it really useable? Can you bring your farmers there with their crops so they can sell their goods? How does this work?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 3:20 AM
I am restarting my medieval neighbourhood, using your excellent work - both this one and the others. They are absolutely astonishing! So inspiring. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 11:39 PM
Default getting the decorated version
Quote: Originally posted by xx-kirsten-xxx
Hiya, This neighbourhood looks awesome, and I have just downloaded it, but when I replaced the files with the decorated ones, it doesnt show up decorated. I have tried like 3 times and it still isnt working, and I have checked the instructions over and over again, but still nothing. Can anyone help me?

I have done the same thing over and over again but it doesn't work. I have read the instructions over and over again at least a hundred times but nothing works to get the decorations! It's a lovley neighborhood and I hate the tedious task of decorationg hoods thats why im trying so hard to get the decorations to show up. I don't know what im doing wrong!
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#25 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 7:18 AM
Well I hope you are happy!
Now I have to replace my realism hood with this one!
I swear, some people are just so inconsiderate.
You all just insist on making freakin' awesome hoods that I HAVE to have in my game.

HAHAHAHAHA!

I LOVE THIS! It is soooooooooooo great!
I have your Downtown and shopping district, but I must have missed this one.
I'll go replace my realism hood with this one. I think those sub hoods are your decorated downtown and shopping district, so this will fit in perfectly!

It's a good thing I only have two familys living there.

You are making me want UNI so I can have your uni hood.
Page 1 of 2