Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testors wanted a Transparent Mask to aid for sim creations

by cgendron Posted 1st May 2007 at 8:14 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:11 PM by Nysha

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:22 AM
Wow... this is an absolutley amazing idea! Oh how many times I've wished I could have a transparent face of the sim I want to make over the bodyshop picture! I will definitley give it a try!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th May 2007 at 3:15 AM
This is absolutely genius! I truly think this will help me make better sims based upon real people. Thank you so much! This should truly be featured.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th May 2007 at 5:09 AM
Just the other day I was wishing for a way to superimpose a real face onto the mannequin in body shop... I think this should be featured, too!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th May 2007 at 5:39 AM
This sounds really interesting, deserves a try!

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Space Pony
#6 Old 8th May 2007 at 8:47 AM
I'm amazed!

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th May 2007 at 2:35 PM
wow this totally revolutionizes sim making I was hoping ea would do something like that in the sims 3 ( u know way into the future ) but it looks we're getting this now . thanks n looking forward to the second part ( which I'm sure all the celebrity obsessed people would love to have )
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2007 at 3:24 PM
ooh this is great!
but... is it compatible with mac versions of the game?
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th May 2007 at 4:11 PM
Whenever I try to open scribble.exe it says "This application has failed to start becuase FreeImage.dll was not found."
Should I have FreeImages.dll? I've looked for it and I can't find it. How do I get it to open?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th May 2007 at 5:12 PM
You can get FreeImage.dll on Sourceforge

Download, unzip. You find freeimage.dll in the Dist folder of the unzipped archive. Put it into the Scribble program folder.

@threehundred: No, It's a Windows program, will not work on a Mac.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
#11 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Sadisticpyro : 8th May 2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Typo.
Interesting. I think I'll try it out. :]
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:09 AM
This is a great idea, however, I don't find that making accurate sims in BodyShop is a problem.

The problem is that the sim you make in BodyShop is not the sim you see in the game: The eyes grow larger, move apart, and move up the head. The chin weakens and lengthens. The jawline recedes, except for very square jaws, where it flares out. The lips grow fuller, wider and "pinchier". The nose and face lengthen. The nose also widens through the bridge area. The cheekbones either recede or inflate.

I always have to import a sim into the game and do my final adjustments in CAS before exporting that finished sim via SimPE. Sometimes I have to go through this cycle several times (if I'm having problems with parts I can only access in BodyShop) before a sim is finished.

So, is there any way this program could be used to create an "in-game preview" filter? Or to create a preset that compensates for the changes that occur before you export your sim to the game? (That is, you make your sim, hit the filter, export your sim, then when you open the sim in the game it actually looks the way you intended it to look?)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:31 AM
This is great! Should be featured!

I have the FreeImage.dll problem, and the link that Xanathon gave doesn't fix the problem.

Alkaloid I don't have that problem, I can import my BodyShop sims into CAS and they look exactly the same, no changes at all.

I'm pandrito at Sims2Community
I'm pandrito at Sapphiresims
I'm pandrito at Exnemsims
Forum Resident
#14 Old 9th May 2007 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alej_r_b
I have the FreeImage.dll problem, and the link that Xanathon gave doesn't fix the problem.

Then you did something wrong. Did you place the unpacked freeimage.dll in the program directory? Worked for me.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th May 2007 at 7:42 PM
This sounds like an idea whose time has come... anything to make Bodyshop a little more efficient is welcome.

I also find BS sims have to be fine-tuned in CAS, but it helps if the base is a reasonable approximation of the pic you're trying to Sim. So it sounds like this program will be very useful.

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Scholar
#16 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:40 PM
This is a fantastic idea. It is something I have been dreaming about! Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:48 PM
What a great idea!

Thanks for spending the time to make this and share with the rest of us!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th May 2007 at 4:45 PM Last edited by EternalxLove26 : 11th May 2007 at 8:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alkaloid
This is a great idea, however, I don't find that making accurate sims in BodyShop is a problem.

The problem is that the sim you make in BodyShop is not the sim you see in the game: The eyes grow larger, move apart, and move up the head. The chin weakens and lengthens. The jawline recedes, except for very square jaws, where it flares out. The lips grow fuller, wider and "pinchier". The nose and face lengthen. The nose also widens through the bridge area. The cheekbones either recede or inflate.

I always have to import a sim into the game and do my final adjustments in CAS before exporting that finished sim via SimPE. Sometimes I have to go through this cycle several times (if I'm having problems with parts I can only access in BodyShop) before a sim is finished.

So, is there any way this program could be used to create an "in-game preview" filter? Or to create a preset that compensates for the changes that occur before you export your sim to the game? (That is, you make your sim, hit the filter, export your sim, then when you open the sim in the game it actually looks the way you intended it to look?)

I knew it! So many times I make a sim in Bodyshop and when I go into CAS I'm so surprised. I didn't make that. Is it a bug? But this should help a lot. Thank you.

When I tried to open the photos I get an Unreadable texture image. Is there something I'm missing?

lgfuad
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2007 at 1:20 AM
I believe that the images do NOT change from bodyshop to create a family to the real game. If you do perfect morphs and a reverse UV you get a very real sim.

I took some high rez pictures from each and they are all the same except for lighting effects. As soon as I can post the picture I will show them. The only place they differ is in SimPE and in the previews. The image shown is NOT the image in the GMDC since the Y indexces have been scaled by about 20%. This only happens to sims. The previews are all taller and slimmer than in the game. All other objects do not get rescaled as far as I know.

The bodyshop controls are very missleading, Some cause unexpected side view changes. Also bodyshop changes are NOT reversible. And I have never seen an explanation as to what each morph does. Morphs are in uu format. ie no sex or age in the morphs.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th May 2007 at 7:35 PM
Wow...is all there is to say. I just downloaded it and looked at the tutorial. It's a fantastic tool!
And came right in time, I have a celebrity sim who needs final perfecting touches.

Thank you very much for bringing to life such an awesome idea and for all your work put in this program! (I too think this should be featured.)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th May 2007 at 8:23 PM
I don't want to be pushy, and I'm sure it's something on my part because the program seems to work fine for other people. I'm still having a problem and have downloaded the file again, updated direct x (or whatever it's called), and tried getting info from searching and things. I hope I'm not being rude or anything. I just am really looking forward to using your program. It's like a dream come true!

lgfuad
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th May 2007 at 2:58 AM
To EternalxLove26 What exactly is the error. I need to know the message you get..
What are you running under XP ? etc.. The part 2 of 2 The reverse UV Mapping will be uploaded tomorrow morning. It took 40 hours to write the help/tutorial files and I am only 1/4 the way through. Being released anyway...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:45 PM
Ok, It was me. Sorry! I put the file in my documents. I should of put it in program files. Everything works fine now. Sorry to bother you!

lgfuad
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:50 AM
where's "program files"
Field Researcher
#25 Old 29th May 2007 at 7:13 AM
My computer > local disc c > program files

lgfuad
Page 1 of 3