Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BodyShop Replacement Poses

by Dr Pixel Posted 9th May 2007 at 12:13 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:11 PM by Nysha

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:52 PM
I just can't wait to see these!
Thanks again, Dr Pixel!
Instructor
#3 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:59 PM
Thanks so much. The basic pose is a bit boring sometimes.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:00 PM
wow
thanks you for this great idea!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:17 PM
Thank you so very much. The basic pose is so dull.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:38 PM
thank you for this, it will be really useful for finding and correcting mistakes on textures!
Instructor
#7 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:30 PM
HOW COOL! Thank you!!! =D

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Forum Resident
#8 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:01 PM
wow!!!this superb!!!Thank you for creating..,
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th May 2007 at 6:23 PM
Superb!! I gotta try making some poses too when i get time! Thanks so much!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th May 2007 at 6:27 PM
Thank you this is useful and fun
Is this featured yet?
Instructor
#11 Old 9th May 2007 at 8:31 PM
Your a genius,thank you so much for this!!

Also keep paysites free by supporting PSMBD!
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:22 PM
Oh cool, where can I get this Hotrod-Shirt in the middle? Thanks in advance!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:23 AM
Finally!!!!!!!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Inventor
#14 Old 10th May 2007 at 9:33 AM
Tried this out and it was so great, made it easier to fix up the sides on some of my outfits that I was not happy with.. thanks so much.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:14 PM
Are you planning on uploading more poses?

Thanks for the ones you have already made they look great in bodyshop!
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th May 2007 at 10:52 PM
hi i really like the idea of new poses but its not working for me somehow, i d/l the file unzip it extract it to my docs...sims2/config its in that folder now but when i open body mechanics there is no option available for poses.can u help me out??
Forum Resident
#17 Old 17th May 2007 at 7:59 AM
Hey Dr. Pixel...

I posed a theoretical question to SITigerbabe on another thread, but it might be as well addressed to you, too.

>>>>> Let me ask you about something, somewhat related, that has bugged me for a long time.

What about the face thumbnail poses that are created in the game? There seem to be about eight different poses that are used to create all the face thumbnails for Sims characters. You can generate a different pose for the thumbnail by giving your Sim a makeover with the mirror or the Plastic Surgery object, but the new thumbnail will still use one of the built-in poses.

Where are those poses stored in the game? Is there any theoretical way to change them, to create a new set of basic thumbnail poses?
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:29 PM
Hi Doc - always good to talk to a fellow medical person

I believe the poses used are also stored as "animations" inside the Sims00.package along with the rest. This is just a guess, because I didn't examine them, but I did notice some animation files in there with "UI" as part of the name and I would look at those first.

If you find them, you might be able to alter them as you can the regular animations - see the animation forum here for more info.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 12:05 PM
it looks nice but it won't work for me ..
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 11:01 AM
Default Weird
Hello, i'm very new to this of modifying the Sims 2 content. But i've spent about 4 full days now exploring things i want to do. So i've learned alot and i have to thank Dr. Pixel for that. But i have a problem with Bodyshop Mechanic concerning poses and the wes_h lights. It seems the program looks for them at " ...My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\" . They are there indeed, i put them there i'm sure. But the problem is that when i open the program, i'm unable to select them. So i can't manage them or choose which will appear when i open Bodyshop. When i do i have one of the poses on and one of the lights on too, but i can't change them.
I thought the problem is that if Body shop mechanic looks for them in that specific folder then a language problem should be the reason, since i work on a non-english WinXP computer (actually XP is in Spanish). So the Sims 2 game files are not on my documents, but, mis documentos instead. So i emulated a "...My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\" folder pack and i placed them there, but still Bodyshop Mechanic doesn't show them up. So i don't know what to do then. Maybe this message is kinda useful for the newest versions of Bodyshop mechanic. Or maybe i did something wrong.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 7:32 AM
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 7:28 PM
heres a question, and Im not sure if you can help me with it, I really want to know if theres a way to make toddler sims stand up in the create a sim screen in the game, because Im making a few families of my friends, and want to be able to take pictures of the little ones, but alot of the details are hard to see with the toddlers always just sitting like that...so is there anything anyone could suggest that might work other than creating them and then later taking pictures in game?
thanks in advance!
Theorist
#23 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:40 AM
Realy nice! But it will be better if you sighn a names of the poses in overwiew picture/ My bodyshop downloads to hard so it could help as a little preview of chosen pose.
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 11:36 PM
hey doc, where did you get the clothing? they look amazing and just wanted to know what expansion or download shoppe u got them from thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 9:04 PM
For some reason it won't work for me. I put it in the correct folder and installed it. I can pull up the Body Shop Mechanic but right when I do, it says "Cannot find Bodyshop.exe." And I don't know why. It'll continue to pull up the program, but then I can't change the pose. I can change the background, but nothing else. I don't know what I'm doing because it says it can't find bodyshop. But then I can go to my shortcut and open up bodyshop, but the poses won't change. What am I doing wrong? Doc, or someone who knows about computers, please help me!
Page 1 of 2