Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE THE CHAIR GLOBAL PATCH URL: New Mesh:Picnic Table with Bench

by momma"b" Posted 20th May 2007 at 2:42 AM - Updated 9th Sep 2007 at 7:45 PM by momma"b" : UPDATE THE CHAIR GLOBAL PATCH URL

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th May 2007 at 2:59 AM
This is awesome. I've been wanting a picnic table since i got the first game about two years ago. Thanks! :D

Have YOU talked to the Goth family lately? If not, they told me to tell you that they would appreciate their chia pet back.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 20th May 2007 at 3:17 AM
It's exactly what I need for my parks! Lovely work!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th May 2007 at 3:58 AM
This is a great object! I wonder why Maxis never made this, oh well. However, I noticed a small glitch; when I get more than one sims to sit around the table, an action command, "sit" for the bench, glitches by saying "no action available" unless I point the cursor on a specific area on the bench.

I'm just letting you know, but this is still a great object, thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:01 AM Last edited by momma"b" : 20th May 2007 at 6:20 AM. Reason: About the glitch
Default Worked Ok for Me
aprouty,
Thank you for letting me know about the glitch. I am looking into now and will let you know about it.

Updated:aprouty,
I just checked it in my game and it works fine in there. I posted 2 pics to let you see that I clicked on the bench with the one lady that has a white diamond over her head and it came up 'sit' and I had her move to that side. I didn't have any trouble with clicking any spot on that part of the bench. The bench does come in separate meshes and joined in the middle and when one part is occupied you can't click that one, but the other side is clickable. Also, I was wandering if you read the first line in the description? It says you need that global for it to work. It might be that, if you didn't download it. Does anyone else have that problem or any other problem they see with it? Please let me know and I can fix it. Thank you.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:23 PM Last edited by aprouty : 20th May 2007 at 5:46 PM.
Yes, I did downloaded the patch and it works fine. I really mean when one of my sims is already sitting on one of the benches and when I want her/him to sit on other bench, the action is not available until my sim gets off.

Also I just noticed yet other glitch. When my sim is serving meals and places a plate of food for other guests. When two of the quests sit next to the plate of food, they got their plates but didn't place them on the table because of the serve plate. Instead, the guests hold their plates and those plates went though the table.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2007 at 6:58 PM
Thanks again aprouty,
I am not sure what is going on with the 'sit' command for you because it works fine for the one property I have 3 sims living at. But I am still looking into that with different households of mine. Also thank you for telling me about the second glitch. I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I'm going to see if I can get mine to do that and get it fixed for you and let you know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:24 PM
aprouty,
I have played a couple of different families and so far I haven't had any problem with the 'sit' command. I'm still testing that out in others too. I have also tried to get the sims to sit and eat when the server plate is put on the one side of a table but haven't had much luck with that one either. The sim just goes somewhere else to eat when the food is on that end, but I'm still checking on the issues.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st May 2007 at 1:14 AM
These are gorgeous! Thank you so much for making such essential outdoor furniture! I can't wait to try them!

Oh, and if you're trying to get your Sims to sit at the table where the serving platter is, you'll have to delete all the other chairs on the lot. If you don't, they'll just go sit somewhere else to eat!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st May 2007 at 2:43 PM
Cool, thank you!

The minds power over itself is great, what you make of things is what they become, change your thought and you change the world as you percieve it...
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:30 AM
I'm having trouble finding the global patch you mentioned. The link doesn't seem to work. I get an error message that the topic or board is missing or off limits, even if I'm logged on to that site. To be honest I couldn't find any downloads from the support forum at all. Could you please tell me who wrote the gobal, perhaps I can find a copy of it somewhere. I would really like to use your tables.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tovlah
I'm having trouble finding the global patch you mentioned. The link doesn't seem to work. I get an error message that the topic or board is missing or off limits, even if I'm logged on to that site. To be honest I couldn't find any downloads from the support forum at all. Could you please tell me who wrote the global, perhaps I can find a copy of it somewhere. I would really like to use your tables.

i do not have that problem, the site might have been down for an update when you where trying maybe?
it was up when i tried so give it another shot maybe it will work this time...

also momma"b" Thanks so much for this awesome work it must have been insanely hard, KUDOS! (not the TSR kind)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 8:56 PM
Thank You