Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biggish Tree

by khakidoo Posted 29th May 2007 at 3:39 AM

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th May 2007 at 3:51 AM
This looks fantastic! I'm actually working on a couple of similar trees in my next set. It'll be good to have yours in my game in the mean time =]

A+ work!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th May 2007 at 3:59 AM Last edited by JLonier : 8th Nov 2007 at 5:33 PM.
nice i love this!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:00 AM
They look absolutely great to me Khaki! Thanks ;-P

You will find my older and newest creations here
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:02 AM
The bark looks fine to me. Lovely tree!

QUESTION: Will it drop leaves and change color with the seasons?
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#6 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:32 AM
A biggish tree? You have my biggish thanks. :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:49 AM
Beautiful tree khaki! It looks so pretty in the pic where they hang over the road. Thank you!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th May 2007 at 5:06 AM
Wow I love this tree...thankyou!!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2007 at 5:39 AM
Great job Khaki, thank you

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th May 2007 at 7:45 AM
Ooh yay! Thank you so much Khaki! I appreciate all your hard work! Tree tunnels here I come!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th May 2007 at 7:46 AM
In my part of the world, trees are typically 'lopsided' due to strong prevailing winds. In fact, it would need to be a bit more lopsided to be normal -- just another little detail that say sims don't live here.

Seriously, this is a beautiful tree. It will look very good with larger houses. Thank you.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th May 2007 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
The bark looks fine to me. Lovely tree!

QUESTION: Will it drop leaves and change color with the seasons?

It appears to drop leaves into leaf piles tho I'm not sure why, because I meant it to be base game compatible instead of seasons ready... I actually think the leaf droppings are tied to something else in the game than the actual tree I dunno it's kind of wacky, I'm sure someone knows the deal with that, but not me

It won't tho change colors with the seasons... and I didn't even put in an autumn recolor just in case people want it, but it is recolorable if any one else wants to... and for winter, ugh, I'm sure it won't drop leaves to reveal bare branches because - well first off there's hardly any branches under the leaves (useless polys IMO) to be revealed anyway, and it shouldn't because - well again it's the base game compatible thing...

but if anyone is up to doing all that feel free to fiddle with my mesh if you want to

Subtle In Spades
Alchemist
#13 Old 29th May 2007 at 11:00 AM
Great tree Khaki, your "garden" stuff is so useful and well done, a great addition. The pics with the trees on both sides of the road give the idea of what can be done with. Thank you veeery much. Kiss and ciao.
Alchemist
#14 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:58 PM
wow!!Beautiful!Thank you.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th May 2007 at 5:00 PM
Very successful work, congrats! And thanks!
Scholar
#16 Old 29th May 2007 at 7:07 PM
Super nice ! Thank you !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th May 2007 at 11:39 PM
Yeaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love You!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th May 2007 at 12:05 AM
So beautiful. Thanks for the hard work!

in desperate need of improving my rupert grint sim :|
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th May 2007 at 12:07 AM
Wow! This looks so good! New trees is great, and this way you can walk under them, that's cool

The minds power over itself is great, what you make of things is what they become, change your thought and you change the world as you percieve it...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th May 2007 at 12:47 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself Khakido, these trees are wonderful and I believe you did a EXCELLENT job. Thank you so much !
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th May 2007 at 9:32 AM
You need to update this to work with Seasons. The custom Trees with Seasons glow blue because now they change in Fall. Now that Seasons is out, unless people update their trees to work with Seasons, these downloads will become obsolete to those who own Seasons.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#22 Old 30th May 2007 at 9:45 AM Last edited by JLonier : 30th May 2007 at 9:52 AM.
I have numerous custom trees that haven't been updated for seasons that don't flash blue.

ETA: I believe Khaki also made this base game compliant so it will work for everyone.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th May 2007 at 10:13 AM
Thanks everybody

okalani : I have Seasons and it's not glowing blue for me If it does in your game, let me know, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

Subtle In Spades
Field Researcher
#24 Old 30th May 2007 at 8:36 PM
wow this looks pretty good :D
i love having new trees and plants in my game. thank you so much for this lovly tree ^^
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st May 2007 at 3:41 AM
wow..nice work

Live..Laugh..Injoy Life...

Check Out My New Site
Page 1 of 2