Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: Espionage Career (Custom Uniforms and Semi-Custom Career Reward)

by FennShysa Posted 5th Jun 2007 at 2:25 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:04 PM by whiterider

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 8:29 AM
Well done! This is a fabulous first upload! EP ready means that it's compatible with the Basegame but it works with all current EP's. Thanks and well done again.

Retired...

kind of.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 10:21 AM
Wonderful job, and really hard to believe its your first one. The attention to detail, the well thoughtout career levels, benefits, rewards, and pay levels are a hallmark of a really good custom career maker.

I installed without any issues and have one sim working his way through the career, there have been no issues, no conflicts and, of course, it did not over write any career on my game.

Congratz on your NEW career as a career designer/creator
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 12:12 PM
Thank you both for the compliments. Crowsman, I actually found out about base game compatibility after I originally posted. I will edit the post, thanks for letting me know.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 3:31 PM
Nice going to install now. this message will self destruct
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 5:53 PM
Very nice! You write well, you can spell, and you paid attention to all aspects of the career, which puts you way ahead of average!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 7:33 PM
Thanks to both of you. This gives me confidence to work on my next career.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 7:48 PM
Wow, for the first time ever, an custom career icon that acctually looks like it fits into the game. If im ever arsed to do a custom career, i would very much like to work with you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simathome
Wow, for the first time ever, an custom career icon that acctually looks like it fits into the game. If im ever arsed to do a custom career, i would very much like to work with you.

My intent throughout the project was to try to make the career fit into the game as well as possible. I'm glad you liked the icons. If you ever do a career and would like my help, get in touch.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:00 AM
Oooh shiny! Now I have a career for the Sims in my secret agents neighbourhood. My agents were all looking for alternative careers. I was telling myself William was undercover on the criminal career track... Thank you!

And so well thought out, too. I love the icon, it does fit the game style very well.
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:10 AM
Can't wait to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 6:59 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone, however, I have discovered an error in one of the chance cards. It gives money when it's supposed to take it away. I have corrected the problem and attached a new file. It's the one that says Update 6-6-07 on it. I edited the post above to reflect the mistake and correction. Anyone who downloaded the career before now should download the new one and replace it. To my knowledge, everything else in the career works fine.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:21 PM
this one looks good,i didn't know other spy careers where out there either.i like the way you described it and from the sounds of it you did your research to make sure it worked well,will report back if any problems,and if you want will post all clear if no problems.

thanks and if you followed superfly's tutorial it should be no problems good job
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 7:47 PM
Wow it's so hard to find creators who finish a 'product' off! Most people aren't finishers, but you are and that makes you hard to beat.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 8:18 PM
I'm glad you all seem to like the career. I'm hard at work on another one right now, so keep your eyes peeled.
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 9:08 AM
Its really a gd career. The design everything just look almost like the normal career in the game. Really good job for this. Hope to see your other career creation in the near future.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:49 PM
Thanks. The new career is just about ready. I have two chance cards left to complete. It is a medieval wizard career.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 2:04 PM
just wanted to update my findings,i love this career it works flawlessly.

i have all eps and most of the sps as well as many hacks.in particular i love the super spy gown for the females very very well done i think even superfly would like this one.

no problem with it whatsoever and i will certainly dl the wizard career when you get it finished fantastic job keep up the good work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 10:19 PM
Thank you, the feedback is certainly appreciated. I'm glad it works so well, thanks for that goes mainly to the great tutorials right here on this site. The magic career is almost done. I was writing the last chance card when I decided to check this thread again.
Theorist
#20 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:30 PM
Wow! Another great career to work through!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:23 PM
Thanks. Would anyone be interested in a pet version of this career?
Theorist
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FennShysa
Thanks. Would anyone be interested in a pet version of this career?
I think that would be a lot of fun and there is a real scarcity of pet careers. But really I'm more looking forward to further releases in your D&D series. The important thing is whatever interests you - I'm sure that folks will enjoy whatever you come up with!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:26 PM
Oh, don't worry. I'm not done with Dungeons & Dragons yet. I'm currently working on the fighter. I was asking because I realize that I can make pet careers now. I need to do some teen and elder careers as well.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 12:01 AM
Wow, very well done! Thank you for all your hard work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 9:56 AM
Thank you for the compliment. If anyone is interested, I'm about halfway done with a pet version of this career.
Page 1 of 3