Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED! Star Trek rank insignia as accessories!

by NixNivis Posted 14th Jun 2007 at 9:14 PM - Updated 27th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM by NixNivis

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 2:06 AM
Wonderful! Been waiting on this!

Live Long and Prosper!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 6:34 AM
TickleOnTheTurn, which insignias are you refering to?
The flag officer ranks from 2360:s and later?
Provisional line officer ranks from 2350 to 2799?
Cadet ranks?
Crewmen?
If you specify them, Nixnivis maybe more inclined to make them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 9:19 AM
Essential sim-accessories! Thanks a whole bunch!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 10:22 AM
TickleOnTheTum and SIMale, I *will* be making more rank insignia; I'll be doing uniforms for admirals next, and for cadets after that, and of course I'll have to make rank insignia to go with them as well. (I love accessory meshing!) I haven't yet decided if I'll be doing Maquis insignia, though, mainly because I never really got the hang of them (I know, I should be ashamed of myself :P). Depends on how desperately people want them, I guess,,,
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 10:32 AM
The Seasons ones aren't necessary. Seasons doesn't have compatability issues. Should be fine in the base game.

Very very cute idea! I'd thought of doing the same thing with BSG ranks and stuff and got bored and didn't. Glad someone had a similar idea for something that so many people will use. Looks really nicely done, and low poly too! Yay!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 10:52 AM Last edited by nixnivis : 15th Jun 2007 at 11:04 AM.
HP, thanks for the info (and for the compliments)! I thought it best to go with the "better safe than sorry" approach, since I wasn't sure if there'd be compatibility problems (and was too lazy to uninstall Seasons and check for myself). But now I know! Thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 12:00 AM
B-E-A-utiful!!! I didn't even expect that you'd make one for a Chief and you did. I can't wait to see your next uniforms.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:15 PM Last edited by GillyH : 6th Aug 2007 at 10:38 PM.
Stunning, Nixnivis! Great accessory for THE best Trek uniform I think I've seen (which is wonderful in-game on my Janeway & Chakotay family ). I'd love Maquis rank bars too, btw as you wondered if anyone would. Many thanks for all your work on these. Off to add them to my J/C :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 10:38 AM
Very useful, adds a touch of extra realism to your brilliant uniforms!...

Thanks for taking time to create/upload/share with us!.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 11:37 PM
These are great, thanks.