Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wizardry Career (Custom Uniforms, Custom Carpool)

by FennShysa Posted 16th Jun 2007 at 2:20 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:02 PM by whiterider

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 2:36 AM
looks good been looking forward to this one will try it out and let you know of any problems(if any) good job
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 3:26 AM
Hey, I didn't know until now that it was something of this complexity. It's a cool idea and the uniforms look really nice. You only shouldn't talk so much about my work! You did a very good job on this career!! Thanks for the provided link to the original vehicle.
Thanks again for sharing your work!
hexameter
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:08 AM
Very detailed! I really like that it has custom icons, uniforms and hex's vehicle. Nice job!
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:33 AM
Extremely nice I look forward to more of your work
Theorist
#6 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 6:49 AM
This is very impressive! Thank you, I look forward to playing it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 11:54 AM
Wow, a very cool career, will try it out immediately. I am a closet geek from way back, even though all my friends think I am 'cool', and really miss my D&D days, you aint the only one to base Sims on their D&D characters... ...but until now, I had no jobs for them!!!!!!!! THANKS HEAPS.

Oh, BTW, if your thinking of more D&D careers, can I suggest some 'Game World' specific ones? Such as Faerun's 'Harpers' or 'Red Wizards', this will allow you, if you wanted to, base careers on v.2,v.3 and v.3.5 D&D and not have to spend ages working on progression structure, or at least as much as you might other wise.

This isnt a request, just a suggestion, as I actually put a fair bit of thought into how one might develop Sim careers for D&D based sims, but I just simply do not have the slightest bit of ability to realise such a thing, you however seem to know ya stuff.

Again, thnaks.

...yeah so the hit me like a ton of bricks..... cos it was a ton bricks, it bloody hurt... stay away from condemnd buildings.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 4:40 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate them.

Apis4: I don't know if I have enough knowledge of the game world specific classes to really make careers of them. I usually just used the maps out of a boxed set. I never read any of the novels either so I don't know if I could do good chance cards. Right now I think I will stick to the basic classes. It will be a fighter or paladin next.

Hexameter: You really do deserve a lot of the credit. I wouldn't have been able to do the carpool without you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:05 PM Last edited by hotrod50s : 17th Jun 2007 at 5:17 PM. Reason: added after thought
reporting test results no problems with this one either you have this custom career making down to a fine art.

the chance cards are brilliant everything fits just as it should,imo this is the most unique career i have ran across.

i hope you do decide to do both the paladin and fighter class next look forward to more careers made by you for both uniquness aand work flawlessly.fantastic job again.

i also noticed that levels 5 thru 10 could in fact be developed further into a career of their own,i don't know what each level would be named but for now in my game i will use a d10 to decide which level they are at that point lol.

the last statment is merely my own thoughts and observation with a possible suggestion for a future project for you.not a request,i like they way you lay it out and test it before you upload you can tell a lot of work goes into each one you are doing great
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotrod50s
the last statment is merely my own thoughts and observation with a possible suggestion for a future project for you.not a request,i like they way you lay it out and test it before you upload you can tell a lot of work goes into each one you are doing great

Don't worry, I took it as a suggestion. Not that it would bother me as a request either.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 10:02 PM
Wow! Fantastic work! Way to go.

"Problems, problems, problems! The world is bringing me nothing but problems. ... Who are you?"
"We're the world."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iconofroses
Wow! Fantastic work! Way to go.

That means a lot, considering you know exactly what goes into creating a career.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 1:02 AM
This career seems so cool, just started a Sim on his merry magical way, I cant thank you enough mate.

As to the next careers, do you plan on doing them all? I am not familiar with D&Dv.1 (I was two months old when it came out), but I remember something I read about it in a v.2 expasion book, wasnt a few 'sub-classes' in some of the main catagories, like didnt Fighter and Barbarian both have 'sub-classes', the Rouge/Thief too?

I only ask cos I wanna know when I can expect a Bard????

I reckon you are very fast going to become 'best friend' for a lot of us if you keep this up.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

BTW, if your feeling stuck at any point and need info, all the more current D&D stuff is available on line at the Wizards of The Coast web site, just thought I would let you know if you didnt already, since your not so familiar with specific worlds or newer stuff.... ... not that you need to be, you have done GREAT!

...yeah so the hit me like a ton of bricks..... cos it was a ton bricks, it bloody hurt... stay away from condemnd buildings.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 1:41 AM
I know the worlds a little. I actually have most of the 2nd edition boxed sets. I just didn't pay too much attention to the details of the world specific classes. I will at some point do a bard, since one of my main characters is a bard. It's on my list. In the 1st edition, there were several main classes including Fighter, Magic-User, Cleric, and Thief. Each of these had subclasses. Ranger and Paladin for the Figher, Illusionist for the Magic-User, Druid for the Cleric, and Assassin for the Thief. I probably won't do every single one of those. Illusionist and Assassin may get left out. Maybe not, I'll have to see how far I want to go with it (and how far people want me to go). The Bard was a special class back then that you could only be if you spent a few levels as a figher and a few as a thief, but my bard career won't work that way. It'll be straight bard. There was also a Monk that was like an oriental warrior monk. If you're interested, a 1st edition Player's Handbook probably wouldn't be too expensive to acquire on eBay.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 8:34 AM
This is just wonderfull. I play only in my fantasy neiberhood and it seemed so strange to watch my sims go to work in the modern work clothes and modern cars... now you've saved me from that!
Would it be possible to also make versions of your careers, that would overrite the closest Maxis one? I wiuld like to get rid of the maxis careers completely...
Anyway, great work and I'm looking forward to more careers.

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 11:11 AM
I'm sure it would be possible. My first career overwrote the science career before I prevented it from doing so. But unless you're just bothered by the jobs even being offered through the newspaper or computer, it seems like you could just ignore them and wait until the job you wanted came up. If what you're wanting is that no townies or other Sims who aren't your characters are any non-medieval job, I don't know how to do that. It could probably be done by much the same method that the default skin replacements are done. I don't know what would happen to townies that were in the replaced job, though. If someone wants to try this, be my guest. I'd be interested to know how it worked out. Just give me credit for the original career and be sure and get Hexameter's permission for the carpool.
Alchemist
#17 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 3:47 PM
I don´t know anything about d&d, but your perfect presentation and the enthusiastic test of "hotrod50s" really got me hooked. I like my sims to fulfill their LTWs, which they can´t with this one, but this career, I´ll have to experience, if only because I just started playing "Makin Magic". So, thanks in advance!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:32 PM
Maybe you could use this career for a Sim who doesn't have a career-related lifetime want. Maybe one of those "make x amount of money" or "have x best friends."
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:19 PM
What timing!! I'm just starting my fantasy neighborhood after dreaming about it for so long and yesterday I downloaded building stuff, etc., and started my first lots. Today I downloaded some fantasy type clothing and then I run into this! It's perfect and I can't wait to test it! Please, you have my vote if you wish to continue more careers as mentioned above. It will totally rock for fantasy enthusiasts!!! (Yay, thumbs up, rock on, etc.)
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:52 PM
Wow. This is above and beyond the usual custom career! Great job.

I was playing D&D in 1978, and I remember those old titles. Thanks for taking me back!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:38 PM
Edejan: I started working on a warrior career last night. And I have a magic career for pets up now too if you'd like your wizard to have a familiar.

Corylea: Too bad they dropped the titles when they went into other editions. I always liked them myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:15 PM
I just got two of my sims to the top level of this career, and now that I've experienced it, I wanted to tell you how truly wonderful it is. Your job descriptions are clever and have some funny lines, and your chance cards are incredibly imaginative. This is the best custom career I've ever seen (and since I'm on the picky side when it comes to verbal things, that's high praise!)

Bravo!!!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 5:41 PM
Thanks very much. I have a new D&D based career that I will be submitting very soon, keep a look out.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:20 AM
I think I have a solution for the Lifetime Wants Problem... at least for people like me who play only the medievalish/fantasy neiberhood. Would it be possible to make a version of your careers that would replace the Maxis made ones? If we could match Maxis career to one of yours (I can't wait for more by the way) like Military and Warrior we would also get rid of something that reminds us the modern world.
Anyway, I really, really love this career, too bad I don't have the stuff packs for the careers - they look so great!

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 2:43 PM
The only EP or SP that you really have to have is University (because of the reward object). The others are just for the clothes and I made a version that sends your sim to work in their everyday outfit most of the time. So what you could do is download the no custom uniforms version and your sim would go to work in whatever fantasy outfit you usually dress them in. Alternately, if you really want uniforms and you can use SimPE, there is a custom uniform tutorial here on MTS2 in the create section that you could follow and change the uniforms in my career.

As far as the replacement of Maxis careers goes, I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure it's possible. Anyone who would like to make a version of this career that replaces a Maxis career is welcome to as far as I'm concerned. They would have to talk to Hexameter about using the carpool, though.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Page 1 of 3