Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charmed Again: Halliwell Manor

by StephSim Posted 19th Jun 2007 at 5:32 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2012 at 9:54 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 9:09 PM
Wow! this is wonderful! but i cant download it because it needs celebration stuff! though its wonderful! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 9:54 PM
Where is the fully loaded version? Or is it the same as naked one?

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:39 AM
I have no idea how many versions of that house I've found online for the game but I just had to add yours to the bunch. Thanks, it looks wonderful
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 9:08 AM
$RaMRoM$ -
Sorry you can't download the house for now! I got Celebrations after seeing the new 3 tile fancy dining tables and chairs. It's a great house though. I was obsessed with it, but now I think this version does it justice! Take care.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delenn -
It is all the same house. The house comes completely furnished with the exception of Alban's windows and doors (which actually make the house ABSOLUTELY perfect). I waited to upload the house to try to get permission from Alban and a few others, but that was too slow in coming for me. I have to have closure on old projects before starting new ones. Be sure to check the link in the original post to get Charmed-like Doors and Windows.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stolenglimpse
Glad you added the house to your collection! The hours I dedicated to trying to make it Simtastic were worth it.

Happy Simming All and Thanks for the Download!
stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 12:13 PM
hey stph thankyou soo much 4 the house i love it its really close to the original but it has no garage but doesnt matter i loveit anyway thanks again
stephen
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 8:20 AM
Thank you for your comment and download, Stephen!

Of course I had to "BIGGIE" size the house a bit, but it was great fun creating it. I finally solved the white window / brown window problem by creating wallpapers with white borders to go around the brown windows. It works GREAT once the windows are in place (as you can see from the images).

Enjoy the house!

stephanie b.

P.S. Your avatar reminds me that I also wanted to recreate the Simpsons House for Sims 2. So many ideas...so little time! :lol

Take care!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Thank you for your comment and download, Stephen!

Of course I had to "BIGGIE" size the house a bit, but it was great fun creating it. I finally solved the white window / brown window problem by creating wallpapers with white borders to go around the brown windows. It works GREAT once the windows are in place (as you can see from the images).

Enjoy the house!

stephanie b.

P.S. Your avatar reminds me that I also wanted to recreate the Simpsons House for Sims 2. So many ideas...so little time! :lol

Take care!

no problem i can't wait for the simpson house. umm could u plz upload a version of the manor with the windows in place because ive tried to do this but i cant get it as good as it looks in the pics if u cood that would be great and thanx again. did u no that you can download the powers of the charmed ones? but the only thing is they conflict with seasons and i had to disable them so i could play seasons properly the link is http://www.atserien.de/charmed/sims-2 Kräfte aus Charmed: download the 2 files under that
the powers are in german in the game tho but if u experiment u can work out wich powers are wich

Stephen
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:31 AM
Stephen,
I cannot upload the house with the Charmed Windows as Alban prefers his files not be included in other creator's downloads. I tried to make it easier by leaving the window "frames" in place to place the windows. I contemplated using Maxis windows, but felt it would be easier to leave the windows off so Simmers can include their favorite Charmed windows. As for the powers, I have downloaded them, but will not put them in my game until I take a creation break from designing Sim houses. I also have seasons and Windows Vista (which is proving to be in need of patches and upgrades). Take care. - stephanie b.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
#10 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 7:50 PM
Thank you so much! This is so cool!
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:51 PM
Wow! It looks great.
It's a pity I can't download it : (
(I don't own all of the required expansion packs …)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:35 PM
Stuck with ID-Title Mis-representation---for ETERNITY!!!
I take it from the above post-answers by the creator, that 'FINISHED" is "finished".
The Post Title will always be incorrect as the 'Fully Loaded' version referred to missed its time for creation, and now will never exist; this is about correct, hei?

I hate d/l'g and spend ages making them livable before they can be usable...

argh!---foiled again.

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 1:34 PM
the link for the windows doesnt work is there anyway i can get them from somewhere else?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 5:56 AM
Sabinchen,
Sorry you couldn't download it. As a house builder I always plan to purchase the Expansion packs to get as many windows, doors, textures and objects as possible. I try not to include too many user created downloads as it makes designing houses a little more complicated when I plan to upload them to share with the masses! Take care.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maetel,
Funny! Actually "Fully Loaded" is indeed an expression meaning that the house is furnished &/or decorated, not perfect my friend. I HOPE you make changes as the house will not be really yours until you do. The point of adding furniture for me is to make the house instantly playable WHILE you redecorate. Enjoy the download (OR NOT) the choice is yours! Alas! The title remains the same!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3mma,
You must first join the site (for free) BEFORE you can download the windows. However, if that has changed, there are other windows (even a few here on MTS2). Just do a search here in the downloads area. There are also a few on The Sims Resource (pay site) as well.

Take care,
stephanie b.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 1:23 AM
StephSim - from what I understand Alban no longer has his windows. I'm so lucky I still have mine on one of my thumb drives. However, I used the ones by Flye on this site for many of my own Halliwell Manors and they look very good too! The house is asolutely wonders. Thanks!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 4:51 AM
Thanks edejan!
I realized that and edited my post to redirect people to Flye's windows, but I guess I should change it altogether Will do that!

Glad you like the house!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 12:49 PM
This is spectacular... no other word for it! You are listed as one of my favourite creators... and you thoroughly deserve so much more! This lot is amazing... as are all your others (Harry Potter and Desperate Housewives)... Three of my favourite things have been made by you - the Harry Potter series, Desperate Housewives and Charmed - thank-you, you're an extremely talented creator!

*~ Em ~*
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:53 PM
KneazlePuff

I appreciate your comment. It means a great deal to me. :D

I used to dream about living in the Charmed Manor, which is why I wanted to create it for the Sims. I live in the manor through my Simmies!

My first version of the manor was too small and cramped. I didn't enjoy furnishing it or playing with my Sims in it! So, after 4 remodels, I came up with this version. It is my favorite! Enjoy the download!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 1:58 AM
I totally love the house but I'm a little upset that you changed the name of the street that they lived on (it was Prescott Street if you didnt know). But I am definately downloading this house because I have always wanted it and never been able to make it myself.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 2:22 AM
Hi Sweetgirly87 (love the name) ,

Carroll Avenue is actually the name of the REAL street where the houses are. I just used that instead of the T.V. name (Prescott Street). Tee hee!

Take care!
stephanie b.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:36 AM
I consider my fingers to have properly thwapped for missing the fact that American slang borrowed from their military may not have any definition that relates to its origin. Gomen-nasai. I have several degrees in Linquistics---I have dishonoured myself.

But whatever the term 'fully loaded' may or may not mean, I'm still looking a single downloaded for a house in the nude---only.

Why do the rules change as fast as the language used???

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 11:40 AM
Maetel,
That's funny! The sad thing about American linguistics is the rules are almost irrelevant. Because of "hollywood's" definition and the "military" definition there are definite limitations to understanding expressions like "fully loaded" You didn't consider the fact that Americans have this habit of changing the meaning of expressions to fit their needs! It's a good thing I changed the title when I created the sister houses!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 4:00 AM
I love charmed and think you did an awesome job on the house from the pictures......I tried downloading the house, and it said the file was corrupted.....I hope you can fix it because I would love to play the house you created!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 6:51 PM
Hi Tna!
This is not a steph fixable issue, but a downloading issue. Usually, when it says the file is corrupt, it did not fully download (timed out before the download was complete). If you try again and wait to make sure the lot has completely downloaded, it will download correctly. I downloaded it a couple of times to make sure the file is downloading fine. It did. Let me know if you get the download!
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th May 2008 at 1:36 PM
Hi ya there!!! I love the way you have done up the house it's awesome!! I have downloaded it and i have even read the download for dummies. I have run into a little problem though. I have extracted it and done everything i am supposed to. When i try and open it to install it, it comes up with the message "Windows cannot open this file.. etc. Am i doing something wrong or do i not have the right programs or what?!?!? if u or anyone can help that would be fantastic Thanks
Page 1 of 2