Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Blockfeet" Warlokk bottom, + bike shorts for hips 32", 34", 36", & 38"

by szielins Posted 13th Jul 2007 at 11:20 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2007 at 6:50 PM by szielins : Removing most but not all pointers per plan worked out in PM

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 5:09 AM
Well, I guess I'll go first! I've got to hand it to all 3 of you, warlokk for his great meshes, BlooM for the phenominal work getting Poser 7 feet onto them, and your expertise on meshing, assignments, etc.

I'd also like to thank you for having the foresight to see this coming and working with BlooM towards a viable solution. Nice collaboration by all...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 9:20 AM
A screenshot of the FEET here, please. Showing only part of the mesh, especially while discussing the feet is not enough. I understand they are probably the Maxis feet, but you still should be showing them.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 11:32 AM Last edited by szielins : 14th Jul 2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Adding occult curse to screenshots
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
A screenshot of the FEET here, please.

It was Zen documentation. By showing no feet, I showed no feet malfunctioning.

(Screenshots added-- but I have placed a curse upon them. The first person to complain that they installed the mesh from this post and yet their Sims still have blocky feet instead of the cool high-detail ones is going to contract a painful itch in a place they cannot scratch in public. To get the high polygon feet as defaults, go to
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=52547 .)
Banned Asshat
#5 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 10:57 PM Last edited by bLURR : 15th Jul 2007 at 2:49 AM.
szielins....
I tried to explain its impossible to have 2 default replacements.
The mesh i made will only work on your recolors, not on the ones that peeps already downed.
Its either the sexy feet or maxis feet, cant have both with a default override.
I offered you the mesh(wich has its own ID, and is not a default replacement mesh) so you could fix your recolors as it wasn't smart in the first place to attache textures to a mesh that was released as a nude/showerproof default replacement mesh.
I dont know who's responseble for this, as that person extracted the shpe and cres from that default nudereplacement and attached it to his recolor.

BlooM/bLURR

Edit, omg they did the same with the 32/36/38 and 40hips???(they must be Warlokk's normal bottom meshes, not default replacements?)
I cant believe Warlokk ever released a default nude replacement with outfits attached to it........some one messed arround with it.

And........The screenshots show NOT the bottom replacement of the sexy feet(as it is only visible in the shower, as it is supposed to be...) but the default replacement of the swimwear....edit that, the girl with the black jacket on has the default override with sexyfeet.
Kinda pisses me off, some one realy messed up things by linking that bottom to clothing.

Another issue but related to this one:
There are alot of peeps that used the barefoot outfits(PJ/undie and swimwear)and textured the feet as shoes wich causes the same problem,
Shoe textures on the sexy feet and i cant do much about it, except offering those peeps a mesh based on the original maxis shape, like i did for szielins
Banned Asshat
#6 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 2:40 AM
And can you plz remove the link to insim?
If i wanted to have the whole world the feet, i would have posted here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 2:49 AM Last edited by szielins : 15th Jul 2007 at 3:20 AM. Reason: Fixing two spelling errors
Quote:
Its either the sexy feet or maxis feet, cant have both with a default override.

This is a point that bears repeating. However, it is possible to have a Sim with blocky feet standing next to a Sim with detailed feet-- which is the actual goal. All the tools needed to fix things are in place-- at least for the issues introduced by Blooms_sexyfeetDefaultbottomoverride_Mesh.package .

Until you built the mesh MESH_afBottomNaked_HiDetail_Blockfeet.package , people with outfits on the 34" nude bottom separate who installed Blooms_sexyfeetDefaultbottomoverride_Mesh.package were kinda hosed; there WAS no generally available mesh for them to move their nude bottom separates recolors to. (Or if there was, I didn't know of it.) Now there is. You built it. (Example of other recolors that have been moved to the new mesh: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=210687 ).

You are, of course, correct that it's actually a different package that's changing the model-in-the-Maxis-swimsuit's feet. That's why I captioned the screenshots as "BlooM's default feet replacements installed"-- they're ALL in place. Nevertheless, things are working as expected for the model in the black bike shorts-- which is all the screenshots are supposed to demonstrate.

Quote:
omg they did the same with the 32/36/38 and 40hips???(they must be Warlokk's normal bottom meshes, not default replacements?)

They are. Warlokk's 32", 36", 38", and 40" nude bottom separates are unaffected by installation of Blooms_sexyfeetDefaultbottomoverride_Mesh.package .

Quote:
I cant believe Warlokk ever released a default nude replacement with outfits attached to it........some one messed arround with it.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Warlokk ever did. Warlokk's distribution includes nothing but a wholly transparent outfit. I'm an example of someone who exported it using Body Shop, and put outfit outfits on the meshes-- that's what they're for, after all. (Well, that and Sims who are having their below-the-waist clothing, if any, filled in by the top separate.)

Some of the confusion here may hinge on the question of what "nude" means in this context. "Nude" is not an exact synonym for "naked"-- someone wearing nothing but sneakers may well be "nude", but technically isn't "naked". (Indeed, under certain circumstances, artists will characterize certain of their works as "nudes" even if their models are actually wearing quite a bit of clothing.) Hence, that a mesh is routinely descibed as a "nude" mesh doesn't imply that its only use is for naked people; even the Hi-Res stuff Warlokk produced has utility beyond naked-people-in-shower fu. Bike shorts are an example-- street clothing that is so thin and tight, the best way to represent it is to put it on a Warlokk Hi-Res mesh.

Quote:
There are alot of peeps that used the barefoot outfits(PJ/undie and swimwear)and textured the feet as shoes wich causes the same problem,
Shoe textures on the sexy feet and i cant do much about it, except offering those peeps a mesh based on the original maxis shape, like i did for szielins

This is an ongoing issue, of course. Still, there's already a solution available for the outfits like this on the basic swimsuit mesh: there's already a widely distributed and readily available mesh that they can be moved to. (Example of such a recolor that has been moved to just such a mesh: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227469 )

I concur that at some point, it might be a good idea to knock together a couple more meshes to deal with the fallout of installing the .package files that override the defaults for the barefoot "sleepwear" outfits. But one problem at a time.
Banned Asshat
#8 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:06 PM Last edited by bLURR : 16th Jul 2007 at 3:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by szielins
I'm an example of someone who exported it using Body Shop, and put outfit outfits on the meshes-- that's what they're for, after all. (Well, that and Sims who are having their below-the-waist clothing, if any, filled in by the top separate.)

The original default replacement bottom, the one from Warlokk was a skintone mesh only and would never show in bodyshop.
Thanks for editing the post.