Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modified NPC and Townie Names

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 17th Jul 2007 at 3:02 AM

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 84 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:03 AM
Thanks! This looks -incredibly- useful, I really appreciate it! It looks great! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:05 AM
Haha wow. Good idea. Thank you~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:05 AM
Thanks!! These are much more to my taste than the weird Maxis ones. :D
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:29 AM
Can this be placed in subfolders?
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:38 AM
Very nice work, I hate the townie names, this is a relief, thank you!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:57 AM
That's fabulous! I'm so tired of the same names over and over. There's nothing wrong with "Sandy Bruty;" I'm just sick of it.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 4:01 AM
angelad428: This works in a subfolder for me. I keep it in a Hacks subfolder with everything else that modifies game stuffs - if you have later expansions it likely will work fine in a subfolder.

Corylea: You'll still have a Sandy Bruty unless you start a new clean neighborhood. Sandy, Goopy, and several of the basic Maxis sims are built into the default neighborhood template and will generate for all 'hoods unless you specifically go in and put a stop to it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 4:06 AM
Great Job, HP!
Thank you very much for this. :D
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Annelae : 17th Jul 2007 at 5:40 AM.

Have you been spying on my game? Since I just created a new neighbourhood. Currently no townies yet, since I used the deleteallcharacters cheat.

I'm so downloading this!

EDIT: Currently the MTS2 server is acting up for me, so unfortunately I have to bear with Maxis names for now.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 6:03 AM
Wow, this is truly amazing!
Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 7:11 AM
This is perfect, exactly what I have been looking for, currently I have Jordi's list in my game, but for some reason, all my female townies have old folks names like harriett and other names that remind me of a grandmother, these names will go perfectly with the new hood I am working on. Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 7:40 AM
This looks great! Is it compatible with Jordi's mod (since it's based off of it) or does it conflict?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:02 AM
Great! Thanks
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:22 AM
exilent it was so annoying that it didont tell me the name before your gret hehe now i can make my sims were wolfs without having to wait Thanks again <333
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:50 AM
i wonder if you install this and you play in a different language, does this replace also the names in the other languages

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:20 AM
Annelae: Don't use deleteAllCharacters. Follow the link in my first post for a clean neighborhood. That's the right way to do it. deleteAllCharacters breaks things.

Alicelove: You would want to just install his or mine, not both. I don't know if they would conflict in that they would cause something to break/not work, but they are meant to do exactly the same thing so it would be like having two default replacements in at the same time. The game doesn't normally like that.

wargarurumon: As I said in the first post, it does not. This only changes names if your game is in UK or US English. I could have done them for all languages, but that would have made the file bigger, and I figured these were geographically UK/US-ish and people from elsewhere might want something... not quite so Anglo-Saxon as this.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:36 AM
Thank you so much for this HP!

I'm bringing sexy back - do you do refunds?

:: Garden Of Shadows ::
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:09 AM
It's great! Thanx
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:57 AM
I can see my first name up there lol. The names sound pretty nice and better than the normals so im downloading them.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 12:01 PM
Cant see my second name in there so I might add it and some others lol.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Scholar
#22 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 2:37 PM Last edited by Annelae : 17th Jul 2007 at 2:37 PM. Reason: changing post to 'feedback'
I did exactly what Jordi posted. I think. Anyway, I did this:

Created neighbourhood. New one.

Used the deleteallcharacters cheat.

Created some new sims.

Anyway, I haven't entered a lot yet, so no new townies have been created.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 2:41 PM
I meant using this method: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5861.0.html

Using deleteAllCharacters can cause weirdness and badness with NPCs - much better to just create a new 'hood and not have them generated in the first place.

Forum Resident
#24 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:13 PM
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:20 PM
This is great! No more weirdo Maxis names. Would Komei by any other name still be as ugly?
Page 1 of 4