Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Aluminium for Basegame - Furnished and Un.

by aelflaed Posted 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:45 AM - Updated 29th Oct 2008 at 7:12 AM by aelflaed : wrong door used - new file added.

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:32 AM
wow this house is....i'm almost at loss for words...it's amazing!!!
you really did a great job!!! thank you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 3:49 AM
I like this house alot too. Great job but i was wondering if you can make unfurnished to....when it unfurnished it makes my computer, my game, and me sooooo happy but this is great

~IM CONCEITED I GOT A REASON~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 4:08 AM
WOW!!I like your roof!!look modern,great design!! THank you for created and sharing
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 4:30 AM
You've done an amazing job!! Everything is so lovely- especially how you did the garden...I can move in tomorrow :D
Thank you!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 4:46 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 24th Jul 2007 at 1:40 PM.
Thanks for all your kind words!

I have just swapped the file for a new one, having discovered the front door was a TSR ring-in. Everything else should be just the same, so the 97 people who already downloaded shouldn't have to do anything (except boycott the front door if they don't like TSR). The replacement is Maxis.

I can upload an unfurnished version if it is wanted.

Please do let me know if anything doesn't work as it should. And enjoy the house!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 6:15 PM
very, very nice. would love an unfurnished version!

i'm a hazard to myself
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 1:17 AM
Unfurnished version added - slightly different wallpapers etc, and the landscaping will be a bit different too - the terrain paints keep vanishing. But the lot comes (just) into starter range without all that fancy furniture.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 4:39 AM
I really love the house and was looking quite forward to adding it to my neighborhoods. Unfortunately, when I downloaded both files and attempted to unrar them, I was given an error message that said each file was corrupted....
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 5:25 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 25th Jul 2007 at 10:41 AM.
Oh dear. I will check them again, but it will have to wait until this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting the problem, ksmithcats.

Edit - I've downloaded the files from above (MTS2 sure IS slow today!) and they unrared just fine for me. Maybe there was a problem with MTS2 just as you downloaded them. If you try downloading them again it may work(perhaps try the smaller file by itself).

I am using WinRAR 3.62. Is your copy older?

Has anyone else had difficulty?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 2:07 PM
This is a nice modern and compact house, i probably wont download this because I almost never download lots, i enjoy making my own lots but great work!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 7:20 PM
Excellent job! This house is amazing. I love the style. I'm still playing around with building, and I always admire artistic talent in the architecture (mine end up being pretty plain). I love new and unique-looking housing for my Sims, and your additions to my game are very much appreciated and enjoyed!

A couple of suggestions for people having problems with the files:
I don't know what's up, but to anyone having corruption issues, it's not aelflaed's fault; it's a problem caused by us (the community) - the "freya" server is being man-handled and she doesn't like it. Any downloads coming from that server (such as these files) are exceptionally slow (have been for a while now) and they tend to break up a lot (resulting in "unexpected end of archive" errors when extracting your files) unless you use a download manager (ensuring it is set to 1 connection only, of course) - hmm, that's a lot of parantheticals.

Anyway, on 3Mb broadband, I'm still only getting an average of 0.4-0.8kbps download speed from "freya" and it pauses/suspends a lot (sometimes so long that your computer gives up and decides to claim the download is finished even though it's incomplete). So until they get the new server up and running, I predict large downloads such as this will remain fraught with issues.

If you do get an extraction error (most likely "unexpected end of archive," or if you're using WinZIP something along the line of "this file is corrupt or incomplete") check to be sure the file size on your hard drive matches up with what is listed above (7.77 MB and 2.90 MB, respectively) - if not, then you don't have the complete file on your hard drive and have to download it again.

Download Tip: If you did get a bad copy, it is recommended that you delete the corrupt file (don't overwrite it), and you should probably also delete your temporary internet files so that your computer isn't "tricked" into thinking it already downloaded the file, in which case it'll simply duplicate the bad copy again. To do this, go to Tools > Delete Browsing History for IE7+ users; can also be done using the Windows' Disk Cleanup utility in Accessories > System Tools folder in the start menu. If you try to download the file again and your computer instantly says it finished downloading, then you definitely need to clear out your temp files.

This scenario causes some people to incorrectly blame the uploaded files; they keep trying to download new copies, but the archives keep giving corruption errors. However, there's usually nothing wrong with the uploaded file; it's caused because you're computer isn't downloading a fresh copy of the file; it's simply just copying the bad version from your temp internet files (it's designed to work that way to speed up page load times, but this does cause some problems in situations such as this). Note that simply hitting the Refresh button in your browser won't solve this problem.

Hope this helps some of you!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 8:52 AM
Thanks for the info, JCSpencer. I've had files like that in the past myself, and had to give up on them in the end. And I'm glad you like the house.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 4:54 AM
Default ?!?!
This looks like an incredible house - only one problem though. :/ I'm not sure if it's the house or MTS2, but the first time I tried to download this (Q-express) my computer started going reaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy slow. I restarted, and it was fine.

Second attempt, I just clicked "Download," and as soon as the download was complete, my computer shut itself off.

I have no idea what happened. I recently went on a downloading spree, so that could explain the first try. Maybe it's just because it has so much CC that my computer can't handle it.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:50 AM
Halei, sorry about that.
Did you try the unfurnished house, which will have a lot less CC in it?
Or JCSpencer's tips, above?
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:10 AM
Nice House, but whats with all the pink and green?