Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:04 PM Last edited by Daisie : 26th Jul 2007 at 5:13 PM.
Delphy, first and foremost, I want to thank you for everything you're doing and everything you have done for this site and this community. (The donation drive totally makes me wish I could have a paypal account...) The automatic refreshing is great, because I can be doing this while trying to download the one-tile changing table.

I have one question for anyone who knows. I'm buying two expansion packs soon, and I recently discovered the MTS2 Amazon site. Is that up and running? And how much does it help MTS2?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:04 PM
I just want to say thank you, and thank you again. Since I found this site it is my Favorite and I come in everyday to see whats new. I appreciate all the time and effort you all put into keeping this site going for us and am happy to help out with a donation.. Its not much for now, but more will be coming.. Again, Thank you.
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:08 PM
Come on everyone, if you're short of funds try to put in $5. Whenever I come in here I find at least 3500 people online. If that many people put in a minimum of $5, we'd reach our goal in no time. If you can afford more, like $10-$20 or more, then great. This place is up there with the best of the best, one of only a handful of top qualilty Sims2 sites on the web, (hell not even a handful, maybe like a couple) so let's everybody pitch in. I'm on my way over to the donation link right now so I don't forget.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:15 PM
I'll be donating probably when i get paid ^.....^ If the fiancee lets me use his paypal that is (Daisie, i know what you mean about wanting paypal! Ive never needed it before but this site has really made my sims happier! haha :P)
Yeah i was wondering about the slowness of the downloads....my boy and his brothers are always going on about how fantastic their download speed is or like some cable or another (tbh i just nod and pretend i know what theyre talking about ^......^) but it took about half an hour for me to d/l 2MG, which wasnt right.

So thanks for clearing that up Delphy! ^......^
Also, Am i the only one that thinks Chii and Freya and Thumbs are really cute names?
haha
xo
Field Researcher
#30 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:21 PM
Every time there's a donation drive, I feel very bad, because I have no way to pay for anything online, not even off line sometime. I am always on a very tight budget, so I'll go make some more custom contents, upload them as my way of saying thank you and show my appreciation to Delphy, and everyone that make MTS2 running smoothly all the people who make this site possible, the free programs, the sharing of knowledge and the spirit of wanting to share your game contents.

Thank you.

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:44 PM
I just donated but forgot to put my username on here in the additional notes... because I am stupid... lol
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM
Sims 3??? does that mean that this site will shut down and we'll have MTS3? Will our great stuff be usable in that game?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:56 PM
I think those of us who remember when MTS2 first started out have a pretty good understanding of the whys. You guys started out small and now this website is just gigantic. I couldnt donate last time but I will this next paycheck.

We will get there soon!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 6:13 PM
patzeep, MTS2 subscribers (ie regular donators every month) get another download server. One off subscribers don't.

Daisie, yes we get money from that but not much

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 6:12 PM
Donation complete! LOL. This is one of my favorite sites on the net. I am honored to have donated.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Daisie, yes we get money from that but not much

Better than nothing, I guess.
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 6:59 PM
A donation is the least I could do to support my favorite site. Playing the Sims wouldn't be nearly as much fun without the tons of terrific downloads I've gotten here. Thanks to everyone who makes this site so wonderful. Keep up the great work!!!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by verenaheu
Why should MTS2 shut down? Until Sims 3 will be going like Sims2 it will take a long time and we need our MTS2! Please, pretty please!
And after, we will maybe see MTS3, won´t we?

yes i was also wondering about that!it's gonna be really shut down or mts2 will survive and after TS3?cause i think A LOT of people will STILL continue to play sims2,cause they are just cute with better graphic and gorgeous custom content from here to look more realistic then TS1 right?i didn't play TS1 cause they was a bit ugly to me,but i really love TS2 and i will playing them and when i bue TS3!i can't imagine how they will look like?gorgeous i guess,BUT a lot peoples will NOT have enough of money to bue them and also somebody will need to bue a new computer!please let me know,i would love to hear from u!hope u understand my "englysh"!thanx
regards
Mad Poster
#39 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:12 PM Last edited by gazania : 26th Jul 2007 at 7:53 PM. Reason: Can't spell and can't add.
When I think of all the stuff I downloaded from here (and almost all of it IS quality stuff, by the way ... I can think of only a couple of items that weren't), my tiny little donation doesn't seem like much at all. I wish I could donate more than $5 once in a while, but I can't. However, I believe that if those of us who can help in any way do what we can, even if it can't be a lot, it could make a difference. I see you have over a quarter of the amount already, Delphy and you just posted the donation drive info within the last 10 hours! I think that says SOMETHING about how people feel about this site.

I am under no obligation to be a site cheerleader. I have felt very sad to see some spectacular creators go, and hope that they return here soon in some kind of incarnation one day. However, creators leaving sites are NOT unique to MTS2. A major site lost one of its most prominent and very well-known creators just a month or so ago. I don't think you can blame the site owners for all of the problems, either. Has everyone been doing their very best to leave "thank you's" for creators when appropriate? Has everyone always realized that creators are people, too, and sending PMs along the lines of "you suck", or demanding (not requesting ... demanding) that a creator modify his or her creations a particular way to suit your fancy might be driving them away, too? If we want creators to stay, we can play an important role, too. Let's never forget that. I hope that creators realize that the money donated here also reflect the downloaders' appreciation of them, too. A few twits do not reflect all of us here.

Thank you for the donation bar, too. It's great to see the amount grow whenever I come back to this thread!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:17 PM
I usually download 1 file at at time. Then usually would I download a second file. I do wish I had montey to donate to you. Is there anything that we can do to help, for those of us with no money in paypal account. BTW, if I used someones card (with permission) what would it say on the Credit Card Bill???
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:17 PM
Just donated!! Not much but as much as I could at the moment. Every time there is a donation drive I give something because it's the least I could do for the best site there is!!! Thank you all wonderful people!!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:19 PM
I've been a member for 2 years now and I too adore this site. I can't make decent looking sims so I dl alot of other people's beautiful sims. All my genetics are from here, and learned to recolor and make better houses. My measly lil point is I would've never learned or even have excellant cc if it wasn't for this place. So it's time I say a big on kness thanks To everyone that makes this place so wonderful. I am currently bare pockets poor, but will make a donation with what I can tomorrow{payday!) and though it's not much of anything I really hope it helps.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 7:40 PM
Delphy I read your message and decided to become a MTS supporter.. This is one of the few places in the community I still visit regularly and download. So I figured, fair's fair.

My home site is http://www.sublimesims.net/
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:11 PM
I know i probably sound really stupid but i keep getting "Error this page cannot be displayed" everytime i try to download?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:11 PM
Thanks so much, I gave what I could, Of course I too forgot to add my log in info but its okay cause knowing that I helped even just a little is really all the thanks I need. Long live mts2 and hears hoping for a mts3

Sometimes the things you think you want the most turn out be those you need the least.
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:29 PM
I donated too I hope it's not long I can't download anything, anyway it's a great site and alot of great downloads.
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:31 PM
well, if it helps me download faster than 823bytes/s when I'm connected to broadband at 7.1mb/s then I'm sure I can spare tuppence (OK, maybe a little more!)

Money can't buy you happiness ...... but it CAN buy you lots and lots of chocolate !!
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:32 PM
I know i probably sound really stupid but i keep getting "Error this page cannot be displayed" everytime i try to download?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:40 PM
Default Quick Donations
Hi Delphy, Hi Everybody,

It has been a pleasure to help a little and I'll do it again.

Thank you Delphy for all your efforts: tons of hard work, sleepless hours - for this fantastic site which so many adore.

Please guys, do help - we want this site "happy, alive and downloadable", hurry up and try your best. We want a new server, don't we?

Hugs!
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:42 PM
I donated for the first time today!
MTS2 and other free sites make my game worth playing. I luff u guys.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 13