Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Sun and Sea" - Waterfront Starter (Basegame) with Swimmable Beach

by aelflaed Posted 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:15 PM - Updated 29th Oct 2008 at 4:23 AM by aelflaed

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 2:45 AM
HOW CUTE! <3
I love it!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:41 AM
what a lovely little house! wow! thanx, aelflaed!
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:51 PM
Cool little cottage! Wow a lot of custom content this must have taken a long time to put in all the links. Thanks for including my window. I happy to see someone found it useful. Thanks also for creating this and sharing you hard work.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 6:23 PM
Ooooh I loooove it! I shall give it a thanks *thanks*

[(.x.Clare.x.)]
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:29 PM
A nice house and near the sea. aelflaed. Thank you for sharing.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 4:59 AM
Wow,this is wonderful. So much great description. It makes it seem more...homey...even when I haven't even downloaded it. This is a fantastic lot and you deserve every bit of thanks you get,and thousands more. Feature it!

~ Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me ♥ ~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 7:41 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments. I quite like the house myself! Now I'm working on something a little bigger - the Wilsons are still breeding, and definitely need a new residence.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 8:30 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th Apr 2008 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post. Removed off topic bits.
This house is really awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing. I can't wait to see the bigger house. And I hope it's also with a swimmable beach.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 8:09 PM
Wonderful lot, the beach looks amazing and the house is so cute. Thanks!

FINAL FANTASY VII
{ SOLDIER-02 }

An original Sims 2 series.
Watch it here.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:29 AM
awww....my sims2 Clean Installer won't let me download it. It says that the file is corrupted or something like that.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 5:28 AM
Staci90, maybe you just need to try again? Has anyone else had this trouble?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:16 AM
Umm something weird happened with this house... I redid the insides a bit, but when I had my lady swim... this is what happened: (even after i told her to get out of the pool)

It also seems to have somehow messed up my game, and really, my whole computer.. things randomly go slowly, and that never, ever happened before. Even the music in my sims was cutting out. It didn't happen in live mode though, but when i would select things in build and buy mode the game would almost freeze. Bleck I don't know, something got messed up when I installed this lot though, I should have deleted it right when I noticed that there were black fences everywhere instead of walls.

I have to reinstall I think...

:)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:12 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 5th Feb 2008 at 10:13 AM.
Black walls rings a bell...try searching the forums and see if you find any hints. Did you change/add anything else at the same time as installing the house?

As for your sim, I assume she is swimming everywhere instead of walking.This can happen if there is a hole in the invisible fence. I also saw somewhere that it is occasionally possible for sims to 'morph' through the ladder anyway, even without a hole. From my observations, they only do it autonomously, not when commanded to get out.

If you saw her leave the water, let me know whether she went through the ladder or some random point along the beach - if there's a hole in the fence it can be fixed.

Once sims ARE swimming in the wrong places, I haven't had any luck instructing them to use the ladders. The error seems to be permanent once it happens. However, there are at least two ways to fix it.

1) If you haven't saved since it began, just exit the house without saving. When you go back in, make sure you command the sim to use the ladder, and it should be fine.

2) If you have already saved the lot, deleting the sim temporarily should work. Turn on the moveObjects cheat, delete the buggy sim, save and exit. When you re-enter the lot, your sim should be waiting by the mailbox, good as new. I have had to do this a couple of times for other errors that had sims get stuck. Also works for visitors to the lot, except they won't be at the mailbox, but will appear normally in the course of play.

Let me know how it goes.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 12:54 AM
Tried to mod. the house, but can't get rid of the stairs. Help!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:13 AM
Which stairs, kingfisher1980?

The external stairs should work normally. The internal ones have been made using the CFE tool, and may require MoveObjects On if you want to replace them with different modular stairs. There is a dummy level for the landing, so it would require a fair bit of messing about to alter the house to take a straight staircase, if that's what you are trying.

If that doesn't tell you enough, you need to give me more information so I can help.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 7:45 PM
This is really great! its still downloading now but i really love how the sea looks very
realistic! A Big BIG PAT on your back ^_^
I'm still having a little problems downloading it , but it should be fine!
Good Work.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:36 AM
Ok ! its very lovely. but it was very strange when this happened.
the walls inside.... weren't walls.. they were... .. ... FENCES!! but its good anywayz
Alchemist
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 10:19 AM
Cookie_Muncher_Ninja, someone else once reported black fences instead of walls.

I never heard any more about it. Are yours proper fences or what? Is anything else odd happening? What EPs do you have? Did you change anything/add other new stuff to your game? I haven't ever had a lot replace the walls with fences.

Try searching the forums in case you find the answer there. If you give me more info, I'll help if I can. Good luck!
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 7:07 PM
Many thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 8:07 AM
This could be happening if people are downloading it for basegame only since its posted that way... i dont think that you can recolour or make new fences for the base game, you can only do it after uni is installed.. could it be a problem for basegame players with the invisible fences? I wish it could work in basegame i LOVE it so much! <3
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 8:45 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 18th Apr 2008 at 9:05 AM.
MissImpatient, the invisible fence isn't really a proper fence, and the house WAS made with basegame only installed. Enjoy it!

However, I HAVE found out what is probably causing the black fences to appear for some players. I don't remember using them in building this house, but I do have in my game Numenor's unlevelled walls, and I have been checking the thread where Numenor writes:

Quote:
What happen if I download and install a lot containing custom walls, but I didn't install the custom walls in my game?
In such cases, depending on the game version (base game, UNI, NL...), the game will either:
- Remove completely the missing custom walls, as if they were never built (OFB games and newer), or
- Replace the missing custom walls with the black iron fence from the base game.
The game shouldn't crash, or at least this never happened in my tests.

This may be what has happened. I apologise for forgetting to note this before - the wall doesn't come up in the custom content list, so I forget about it.

Also, as a general note, I used custom modular stairs by Crocobaura. If you don't have them installed in your own game in the way described on the original thread, the stairs will work for this lot, but won't appear properly in your build catalogue. Sorry! I have learned new things since this lot was posted, and I'll be careful to mention these possible issues in future lots.

I appreciate people letting me know about these problems - polite feedback is welcome; it helps me do better.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Staci90, maybe you just need to try again? Has anyone else had this trouble?

Yes i have had this problem too. It won't let me download it. Who knows whats wrong?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 3:56 AM
pokemaster, did you have this problem recently? Staci's post was August last year, and was probably an issue with MTS2 at the time.
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 5:44 AM
I love it! I'm trying not to be apprehensive about the fences dealio. I saved it in a secure place, in case I need pull it outta there! Keep up your magikal magikness!
Page 1 of 2