Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Comfort and Energy ratings for Maxis beds

by gwillewyn Posted 13th Aug 2007 at 6:05 PM - Updated 13th Aug 2007 at 7:10 PM by gwillewyn

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 6:30 PM
I have been looking for something like this! I dont mind if you do more beds or furnitures this way.
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 6:55 PM
If the asterisk really bothers (like me), you can put the files in C:/Programs Files/EA Games/The Sims2/TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins.
In my game it works fine and takes away the asterisk. I put the files in the bins folder for the latest expansion pack I have (seasons).
Hope this helps, Pioupiou
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 7:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I tried putting it in the overrides catalouge, but then they wouldn't work in game.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 11:32 PM
Thanks so much for this. I totally agree that sims deserve good beds! Great idea.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:51 AM
That is just pefect! I too never let the sims sleep in those cheap beds, when I have the space, even kids have doublebeds... thanks a lot!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 6:26 AM
I know this is off topic, but what's with that "available in:" message in your catalogue? That isn't there in my game and it looks useful, where did it come from?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 7:33 AM Last edited by gwillewyn : 15th Aug 2007 at 1:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MattyDienhoff
I know this is off topic, but what's with that "available in:" message in your catalogue? That isn't there in my game and it looks useful, where did it come from?

It's a simple cheat code: "boolprop ShowCatalogePFlags true"
I think it works in OFB and later EPs.
I have it in my userstartup.cheat file; very handy for creators.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 7:51 AM
Brilliant! Thank you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:55 PM
These are great! Thanks!!

I rarely play with Maxis beds because their ratings are so low. Are you planning on doing more beds? I'm sure a lot of people would really appreciate it if you did.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 4:42 PM
Great idea! So tired of always having to use the same beds because of energy. This will add some variety! Thank You!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 9:28 PM
fantastic! I usually used the boring bed witth 10 of energy, now I can use the cool beds and have good energy! (My kids sims were tired and sad, their beds weren't for kids...)

Click here to see the youngest (and prettiest) love.

They're so cute!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 3:29 AM
Thanks for sharing these! Almost all my sims have the Grand Trianon beds because of the comfort and energy, but that 4 poster bed just doesn't go with everything. Awesome addition to my game!
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 10:58 AM
My bed disappeared. The Base Game one.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 9:33 PM
Great idea; thanks for doing this.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 4:41 AM
Thank you very, very much, Crazy Cat Lady! This is freakin' awesome! Without exception, every Sim always started out with the cheapest bed when they first moved in, and then my first big purchase after they got a job was the Colonial Ironwood Bed just because it was a pain dealing with Sims that spent 8+ hours trying to regain energy on a cheap bed. So basically I only ever used the two beds in my game, despite the other cool options (and the plethora of nice CC beds I've downloaded). It's really depressing now that I think about it. So this mod is very cool, and very much appreciated! Mucho merci a lot... and stuff!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:59 PM
I've been using these since they first came out and I just love them. Any possibility of getting the TSS. Bon Voyage or the FreeTime bed redone? Either way, these are fantastic. I can't imagine not having these in my downloads folder.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 8:55 PM
I have put this on favorites. Great idea!
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:43 PM
Wow, thanks so much! Now my sims aren't limited to just a couple beds!!!!!!

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 2:31 PM
if you already have one of these beds in game at a house, does it change after you download this? or do you hafta see the old one to get the higher ratings? just curious thank you soo much btw