Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Added Contrast- Default Replacement PJs (the ugly matchy-matchy ones)

by Phaenoh Posted 16th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 1:05 AM by Phaenoh

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 10:22 PM
I never minded those PJs, but these versions are still an improvement! Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 10:27 PM
they really do look a lot better like this, great job! thanks!

New Home. Come check it out!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 11:24 PM
I was going for something similar, so everyone would like it, but still enough of a change for me to actually look REAL.

Thanks for your comments, they really make my day!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 12:04 AM
Hellacool replacements. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 12:05 AM
wow what a good change!! I hated maxis one too, now they look good enough to use!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liurika
now they look good enough to use!!

totally my point, thanks for letting me know you appreciate them!
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 8:25 AM
I agree with TheSilverLining, but these are gorgeous!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 12:18 PM
Wonderful improvement! Thank you! I just wonder.. do these work for pregnant sims too?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:17 PM
Wonderful! I never let any of my sims use those icky maxis pj's! These are an amazing improvement. Thanks for sharing

If you love something, set it free.
If it doesn't come back,
hunt it down and kill it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:27 PM
Yes, they will replace the pregnant sim versions as well, since pregnant morphs use the same texture image that normal clothes do.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 7:00 PM
Yay. Thank you. I always hated it when my pregnant sims would switch from their nice custom PJs to a random set of ugly ones. Now they'll look so much better!
Alchemist
#13 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 7:43 PM
Good idea! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 7:53 PM
the sleeves are called "three quarter lenght sleeves"ive seen some nice outfits with this kind of sleeve. but to be honest all maxis made clothing is pretty bad and a waste, i wish there were a way to delete them.

your pj's are very nicely done and a considerable improvement of the originally made maxis ones. i really like the 2 tone tops different from the bottoms. good idea.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 7:57 PM
I know they are 3/4 sleeves, I've seen them in real clothes and they drive me crazy there too. If I get enough of a response, I'll look into lengthening them.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 1:40 AM
These look so much better than the Maxis ones! I'd actually like both the sleeves AND the legs lengthened if you feel like improving them some more!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 1:46 AM
The color improvement is incredible! My biggest issue was always the length of the pants, I hate those ankle huggers! The sleeves never bothered me much, but the leg length always did. If you fix the legs length and offer it in these great colors I will get much more use out of them!

Curiousity was framed, ignorance killed the cat.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 19th Aug 2007 at 5:01 AM.
Sounds like enough of a call to me! And yeah, I was planning on making the pants longer too. I'll see what I can do!

EDIT: Ok, I tried it, and it worked too, but it makes the shirt hem look REALLY weird. Imagine adding 2 inches to the bottom of the sleeve of the contrast color and stretching the whole sleeve down another 2 inches. Fixing the UV Map and redoing the textures to match is more work than its worth. Sorry guys!
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 7:54 AM
Finally, maxis pj's are so ugly!

So Interwined
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 6:02 PM
This is great!! Thank you! :D
Inventor
#21 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 10:14 PM
I have been enlightened! I did not know the blandness of my PJs until you showed me these, Phaenoh! lol!
Thanks much! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 10:42 PM
I love these my sims look more well colourful when they put their PJ's on now. Im glad you changed the shades of the striped ones too I never used to use them because they were so ugly but now i'll use them all the time. :D

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Joshua Degennaro
Im glad you changed the shades of the striped ones too I never used to use them because they were so ugly but now i'll use them all the time. :D

Well, why have them in your catalog if you aren't going to use them?! Thats exactly the reason I wanted to fix them!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 3:45 AM
I love them ^_^
Buut I didn't download the plaid ones, cuz I love my plaid pj's XD they're the only things I ever let my sims wear!
(of course, the guys all got the pants)

Paysites suck.
&& they don't keep anything away from us anymore,

because...
Scholar
#25 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Sounds like enough of a call to me! And yeah, I was planning on making the pants longer too. I'll see what I can do!

EDIT: Ok, I tried it, and it worked too, but it makes the shirt hem look REALLY weird. Imagine adding 2 inches to the bottom of the sleeve of the contrast color and stretching the whole sleeve down another 2 inches. Fixing the UV Map and redoing the textures to match is more work than its worth. Sorry guys!

darn... i really wanted longer versions....what if u did it to the pants only? will that work?
Page 1 of 3