Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

That house your Mother warned you about..

by CynicalChick Posted 17th Aug 2007 at 12:57 AM - Updated 23rd Feb 2008 at 7:50 AM by CynicalChick : changing text

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:25 AM
I like the concept, and will be trying this out in my downtown area soon. Thanks.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:31 AM
Neat concept indeed. Everyone always makes the super nice houses but you never see the bad ones. Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 2:53 AM Last edited by Reinkaos : 17th Aug 2007 at 1:37 PM. Reason: "Feature This" post :(
I love it!! great idea.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 3:16 AM
I've tried making houses or lots like this one, but mine never come close to this =]
I saw the boarded up windows and I was wondering where I could download them, since they're not in your custom content included list.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 3:23 AM
Oooh... thanks for pointing that out... updating it now.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:23 AM
Good work on the house, I also have a thing for building trashy lots.

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 8:19 AM
Yah i really loved this house, and it came just at a time when I had gotten over playing all my 'up town girl', glamorous, The (9021)0C, soapy central families with all their decadence and melodramas and had just started making completely opposed, degenerate' '.... just like cousins....', "Deliverence", type Sims.

This thing was I thought that this house was just about PERFECT as a residence rather than as a community lot (already got a dingy abandoned Warehouse as my local 'shooting gallerey'). But when I used 'changelotzoning' and move a couple of low life scumbags into the place, something freaky happened, the zoming changed, but even with the new Sims moving in, every time I tried to play the household, it glitched and loaded in build mode, not live mode, and the latter wasnt even an option, only buy/build, it just completey ignored the fact that Sims now lived there. They appeared in the neighbourhood view, the plumb bob was above the lot and they appeared as the family in the enter screen, but I couldnt play them.

Soooo......

could this lot be done and uploaded here as a residential lot not community?

...yeah so the hit me like a ton of bricks..... cos it was a ton bricks, it bloody hurt... stay away from condemnd buildings.....
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 11:18 AM
I'll check it out and see what I can do.. I changed the zoning while I was working on it but didn't try to play it that way. Might take me a day or two but I'll see what I can come up with.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:08 PM
Nicely done!!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apis4
Yah i really loved this house, and it came just at a time when I had gotten over playing all my 'up town girl', glamorous, The (9021)0C, soapy central families with all their decadence and melodramas and had just started making completely opposed, degenerate' '.... just like cousins....', "Deliverence", type Sims.

This thing was I thought that this house was just about PERFECT as a residence rather than as a community lot (already got a dingy abandoned Warehouse as my local 'shooting gallerey'). But when I used 'changelotzoning' and move a couple of low life scumbags into the place, something freaky happened, the zoming changed, but even with the new Sims moving in, every time I tried to play the household, it glitched and loaded in build mode, not live mode, and the latter wasnt even an option, only buy/build, it just completey ignored the fact that Sims now lived there. They appeared in the neighbourhood view, the plumb bob was above the lot and they appeared as the family in the enter screen, but I couldnt play them.

Soooo......

could this lot be done and uploaded here as a residential lot not community?

Did you download and install the replacement mailbox and garbage can that is needed for residential lots? It's under sims2>hacks/mods: http://daydream.etowns.net/

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:24 AM
Ahh, reminds me of my hometown. LOL

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 2:08 PM
Fantastic ambience, CC! I had to load this puppy in my downtown lot and wow -- the little details! From the graffetti to the “beautiful” landscaping touches, -- to the Christmas lights and to the little room in back…I could go on. Wonderful work
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:31 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This is a great house. Brings back memories of my teenage years. <WINK>
Great Job.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 1:23 AM
cool looks wonderful

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 2:12 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:31 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
good idea
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 4:54 PM
It's perfect for the trashy part of my city, thank you CynicalChick for this horribly beautiful house!
Wiki Wizard
#18 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 5:38 PM
great house, thank alot

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd May 2008 at 7:32 PM
This is perfect for my white-trash part. Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:07 PM
Vampcat's link does no longer work, I get this message "Sorry, but only moderators can read topics in this forum."

Other than that, thanks for the house, I can't wait to try it out.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:55 AM
cool idea ugly outside beautiful inside
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 2:51 AM
I'm with Ghostman, the Vampcat link is a dead end, unfortunately. I'd love to try the full experience.

But other than that I can't wait to try this out! And I'll be taking Canoodle's advice into account also ^^ Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:28 PM
Just what I was looking for. Heh heh heh. ^_^
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 11:04 AM
The Vampcat and Dumblonde links are dead. Any other links would be appreciated.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:48 PM
Would be so totally awesome, if, as said before, the two dead links worked >.<