Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stony Lake - Basegame Starter (Unfurnished) with Swimmable Lake

by aelflaed Posted 17th Aug 2007 at 11:15 AM - Updated 29th Oct 2008 at 4:20 AM by aelflaed : new package - shouldn't crash now.

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 3:42 PM
I think this is a really awesome house. Good job!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:01 PM
Do you have a link to the swimmable pond tutorial?
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 5:54 PM
i was gonna ask the same as starfleet
can we have the tutorial please!

I am a Nobody, Nobody is perfect so therefore i am perfect! Lmao ^_^
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:08 PM
This house looks wonderful. Is it compatible with only the base game or is any EPs required?

I assume aelflaed used this tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=158216
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 8:28 PM
Thank you for this adorable little house!!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 12:13 PM
Yes, Avenula has the correct tutorial link. Glad people like the house!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:23 PM
Thank you for this wonderful house.

Greetz picy
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:14 AM
Lovely lot thanks so much woott!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 1:45 AM
I had a trouble loading this up. It just crashed when I tried to load it.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 2:59 AM
Hellocanuhearme, thanks for reporting this issue. Has anyone else had a similar problem? To the best of my knowledge, this lot is safe to use. There are some glitches that can easily happen with swimmable lakes, but they aren't loading glitches.

I appreciate people reporting things that don't work; it may be fixable. In this case, my best suggestion is to try a fresh download of the file, since it looks like hellocanuhearme may have got a dodgy copy when downloading.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 8:06 PM
I have the same problem as hellocanuhearme.I tried to redownload the file, but nothing changed.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 3:01 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 11th Nov 2007 at 11:57 AM.
Okay, it's possible something is conflicting for the two of you. The lot was built with Basegame only. Do you have EP's? I have discovered one of my oldest community lots will not work anymore with Seasons, and crashes when I try to enter it.

You can try installing the house only, without CC (using CleanInstaller). You might also have a conflict with a hack, although I wouldn't think it likely.

Later...
I've downloaded the file from here myself, put it into a low-CC, hack-free game, and it is crashing for me too. I have tried a couple of things, and will keep investigating.

If anyone HAS used this package successfully, I'd like to know. Lots of people have downloaded it, and this is the first issue I have heard about. Is the file completely icky, or is it something else?

Update - The furnished version, available on its own thread, seems to be fine, although the terrain paints disappeared on me. I recommend that you donwload and use the furnished version for the moment, while I try to figure out what is happening.

Update again - I have repackaged the lot from the working furnished version, and tested it in basegame. I don't know what went wrong, but the package should be fine now - let me know if it is not.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 8:15 PM
I love all your houses, thanx!!

~An indoor kat is a safe kat~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 6:01 PM
this is beautiful, thank you!
I love swimmable lakes, but can never seen to follow the tutorials well enough to make my own. XD
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:57 AM
Thanks for commenting!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:25 AM Last edited by hbdragon88 : 30th Dec 2008 at 2:33 AM.
Excellent house.

My only issue is that, somehow, two Sims died while they were swimming. I have no clue how but I thought the two tombstones over the water were part of the house lot until I loaded the Oldie house and found that it was MY Coral that had indeed died, not some random Coral. Is the pond...somehow...more suspectible to drowning than regular pools? They were part of the welcome wagon and I thought they'd just get out whenever.

(I've since installed Pescado's pool hack from MATY to prevent any visitor from randomly jumping into the pool.)

To make things worse, they kept haunting the place, plunging the environment to completely red - so red that one of my Sims in a good mood who had been painting refused to do something fun inside so I had to have her walk inside first so that her environment score would go up.

They still created puddles all over the water - something that I don't think I would have been able to clean had I not used Pescado's Macrotastics cleaning function, where my Sims clean the house. In this case, for the puddles, they would automatcially don swimsuits and plunge into the water, swimming and then suddenly rising up to clean the puddles. They made a huge mess - so long that it took 7-8 sim hours with two people working to clean it up.

I moved the tombstones to a cemetary, so the problem is no longer and issue, but I thought I would bring that up.

I just uploaded an image that shows this happening.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 5:43 AM
hbdragon, I'm sorry about those issues.

Someone once told me that any non-standard swimming setup is more prone to issues than Eaxis pools, and from my own observation, it is true. I have also had townies drown that way, because they are not 'my' sims and I'm not keeping track of their movements so carefully...It is a risk, although Pescado's hack might well minimize it. I don't use that hack.

One sim I actually saw, had 'jumped' up onto the top of the water and was standing there, stuck. I presume they simply stand there (believing they are swimming) until they die.

One way to get around it, if you observe a stuck sim, is to use moveobjects to take your sims off the lake, then you can reset them. You can also delete them, and they should appear at the mailbox next time you enter the lot (if they are residents of that lot). If they are townies or visitors, they should also be fine.

As for cleaning up the puddles on the lake...I've not seen that one. Don't know if there is any way around it.

Hope this is some assistance. Thanks for reporting.