Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apple of Knowledge - Sim Finder

by mooman_fl Posted 23rd Aug 2007 at 7:57 PM - Updated 24th Aug 2007 at 4:29 AM by mooman_fl

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
WOO!
Gotta test this out! Love the idea!!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:15 PM
Good idea! Thanks for creating and sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:20 PM
Wow! thanks!

[∂тgуαℓzαуzαу]
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:51 PM
No fear that it won't work because of EP's, because apple of the eye is already a standard in the first one.

AP!X the ape
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:53 PM
Wonderful idea I get so tired of searching the house and lots for lost visitors.
Thank You I shall test this later on toady.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:56 PM
Thanks for the confirmation of that -apix-. I wasn't sure since I had gotten all the EPs up to Pets before I ever played for the first time.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 9:39 PM
wow, really useful. Thanks.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 12:55 AM
What a fabulous idea! I will test this out directly
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 1:44 AM
BRILLIANT!! And I *love* your description... "evil snake not included." Hahahaha!

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 2:16 AM
I'm gonna download this one-I need something to keep all those romance sims straight; it's so confusing figuring out who's "romancing who" on my lots and who need to meet more people.
Thanks for the fun!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 12:53 AM
great idea!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 4:15 AM
Great idea thanks! :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 2:45 PM
I love the idea, and I have a suggestion! You could have the option to show the gender preference of all the Sims on the lot (and a separate option to show the gender preference of the Sim clicking on the apple).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 5:25 AM Last edited by mooman_fl : 26th Aug 2007 at 5:35 AM.
Fantastic idea Higgins, I hadn't thought of that particular bit of info yet and it works in perfectly for an update I am already working on. The new update was going to have a dynamic menu similar to the "Find Sim" menu... but it gives the full relationship info (i.e. theirs for you, and yours for them) for the sim you select in the menu. Your gender preference would work perfectly for that.

I am not sure if I should include that for the "Show Sims On Lot" option. The problem is that the larger the dialog is, the less you can fit on a screen at once. The problem is, if there are alot of sims and the dialogs are too large, the only ones you would get a good look at is the last few. There is just way too much relationship relevant info that can be shared to try to do it en masse like that. So I think for now you will be able to get that info in the next update, but on a sim-by-sim basis.

EDIT: On second thought, I think a couple other features are in order:

1) show the 3 most compatible sims on the lot (by gender preference) with the lowest total relationship toward your sim.

2) show the three most compatible with the highest relationship toward your sim.

This might be biting off more than I can chew since I will have to come up with my own way of determining what constitutes higher and lower relationship. If this feature doesn't make it in the next update, I will work on it for the one after that.
Scholar
#16 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 4:56 PM
Sounds really useful - a useful addition should be to show the zodiac/likes/dislikes of a selected sim... "Quick, I gotta go change into formal/swimsuit/underwear, but not use cologne" etc.etc.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 6:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Mac. I will look into the feasibility of that. If I can manage it I will include that feature in the future. :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 12:45 PM
would anyone be able to post a tutorial because i wanna start making game modifications but i dont know how.. thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 1:08 PM
There are plenty of tutorials on this site. Try starting at this link:

http://modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 8:34 PM
Your first mod! How cool. It's always great to see a new addition to the ranks of sim modders. Thanks for making this nifty object.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 12:35 AM
This is going to be so very useful! Thanks for sharing it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 1:48 AM
can you make a pet finder too.my sim sells dogs but i confuse the strays with normal dogs all too often.

you laugh i laugh,you cry i symatize,you jump off a cliff...was i spost to do something?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 9:40 PM
This item lists pets as well.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:06 PM
Strange enough, but it down't works for me....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2happyfamily
Strange enough, but it down't works for me....

I took a forced sabbatical from the game and modding for while. Just tried to use it for the first time since Bon Voyage and got a few errors. Will try to get those fixed.

Sorry I didn't answer this sooner.
Page 1 of 2