Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

1 Pelican Lane

by Caupi Posted 16th Sep 2007 at 10:04 PM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 1:55 AM by Caupi

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#2 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:47 PM
Congrats on your first upload (residential that is) Keep it up!! >^.^<

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:59 PM
Really nice, like it a lot.
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 1:53 AM
This is a way cool house! I love it! Doing pretty well for your first upload, I must say!

Thank you for sharing with us!

hugs,
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:02 PM
It´s beautiful, can´t wait for more! Thanks,
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 7:20 PM
First house upload and very well done. Hope the pelican lane will grow and grow. Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:17 AM
I love this house, it's so easy to play. Thank you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 9:52 AM
I adore your houses they are stunning. I was excited to include this house in my summer neighbourhood but no matter whatever I do it just won't plant itself. I'm determined to have this gorgeous house, HELP! What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 2:41 PM
I have the same problem with 4 Pelican Lane

Myra
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goya4llegs
I adore your houses they are stunning. I was excited to include this house in my summer neighbourhood but no matter whatever I do it just won't plant itself. I'm determined to have this gorgeous house, HELP! What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

There seem to be issues with beach lots and the neighborhoods they are created in...I'm finding that a beach lot created in one neighborhood may not work in another, especially if the neighborhood it's created in is custom, or if it's created in one of the base neighborhoods and you try to place it into a custom hood.

My Pelican Lane series were created in my own custom neighborhood - Copperhead Causeway, and *should* work with any of the custom neighborhoods I've uploaded, as well as the base game neighborhoods with beach lot ready spots (beach lot spots must have a certain amount of beach to water ratio, and may not fit in certain pre-Bon Voyage base neighborhood shores). I've been able to place my houses in my custom hoods and the base hoods, HOWEVER they will not work in certain custom hoods created by other people, I've tested some and not been able to place (the opposite is also true, houses created in other custom hoods may not fit mine, or base game hoods, etc).

Unfortunately there's no way to really tell where people have built the original lots unless they choose to include that information with the upload, to be able to tell whether they'll fit or not. As mentioned, these houses were built in my Copperhead Causeway neighborhood...I may eventually get around to recreating them in the base game hoods if I can find the time, so that they work a little more reliably (although you won't be able to use them in custom hoods).

Sorry these beach lots are turning out to be so finicky
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 9:58 AM
Thank you for answering my question. Im happy to report that two of your beautiful houses have cooperated with my crappy neighbourhood. Again I want to say I love your work and I will continue on my quest to anchor Pelican 1 down, even if my laptop dies from stress.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 9:00 PM Last edited by gazania : 19th Nov 2013 at 9:06 PM.
Since I've picked up BV this year (finally), I've been looking for beach lots that aren't too large or expensive, and that don't have a truckload of CC. Since I've been playing Sims 2 since 2006, a lack of CC is most assuredly NOT a problem with me. It hasn't been easy finding a lot that meets these hopes, plus doesn't crash my game. (Many beach lots, unfortunately, do.) And since I have expansions only up to FT, as well as only a couple of stuff packs, the search is not so easy for me. This house is spacious (another thing I look for) with no routing problems, and looks attractive in-game. I've had to fix the elevation a bit because of the nature of the lot I'm using, but that's about it. I see you no longer visit here much, but wherever you are, thank you!

Edited ... I should add that some neighborhoods don't like this lot. It doesn't crash; it just won't place. However, since I have a neighborhood or two that has no problem with it, that's fine. I understand that seems to be the nature of BV lots .... they're very finicky. Probably some sort of elevation issue.