Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

005 Vivi Lake Forest

by karidad Posted 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:07 AM - Updated 24th Sep 2007 at 4:24 AM by karidad

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 3:19 AM
I've decided I'm not so good at building houses. It make me tired just thinking about it. So thank you very much for sharing your creations with us. It's going to save me a bunch of time. This house is just adorable.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 4:54 AM
This is such a cute house. It has a "small house" feel, but there's lots of room. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 5:16 AM
I just added this to my hood, and the price was 1 million+ simoleans. I went to check the lot to see what could possibly be on it to cost that much, and it crashed the game before it ever loaded. Just thought you should know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:42 AM
Default Use only Maxis Stuff
Quote: Originally posted by MizzBlackCherry
I just added this to my hood, and the price was 1 million+ simoleans. I went to check the lot to see what could possibly be on it to cost that much, and it crashed the game before it ever loaded. Just thought you should know.

I don't know what happend in your game, but I test the house on my game and it work great. I only use maxis stuff in this house and cleaned several times with the clean installer to prevent anything to go with the lot.

:-( Did you ever think that The Sims and The Sims2
have the power to break Depression :-D
by: VivikarrinasSims2life
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:23 PM
MizzBlackCherry,

karidad's profile lists "Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage" .. unless she's using the BaseGameStarter (and she apparently doesn't -- the outside wallpaper on this house is from OfB), the lot will need *at least* BonVoyage to function properly. If you don't have BV, it will crash your game.

karidad, you may want to read the compatibility FAQ before you upload another house. It's a lot of trouble for the poor downloaders if lots aren't listed with the proper EPs they need. I know this is technically not my business (it didn't crash my game after all), but I'm uploading lots too and I want people to be able to trust the info on this site. Thanks.

See also: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96826

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 11:03 PM
Ah, I see, that would make sense. I really couldn't see any other reason why that would happen, good to have an explanation. (I have up to Pets)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:17 AM Last edited by Shaybub : 24th Sep 2007 at 1:26 AM.
*Edit* - after looking at it further it must not have been Karidad I had that problems with, sorry for that. But I did have this problem with a downloaded home from someone on MT2...w/ a similar name. Sorry for my error!

Thanks for that explanatin, Plasticbox. Karidad makes lovely homes & I have tried to download before but had them crash for unknown reason. Got the same kind of crazy price as MizzBlackCherry stated then the game crashed. I don't have all the EP's so that's my problems too.

Thanks anyway, Karidad...you do make some great houses!

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
MizzBlackCherry,

karidad's profile lists "Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage" .. unless she's using the BaseGameStarter (and she apparently doesn't -- the outside wallpaper on this house is from OfB), the lot will need *at least* BonVoyage to function properly. If you don't have BV, it will crash your game.

karidad, you may want to read the compatibility FAQ before you upload another house. It's a lot of trouble for the poor downloaders if lots aren't listed with the proper EPs they need. I know this is technically not my business (it didn't crash my game after all), but I'm uploading lots too and I want people to be able to trust the info on this site. Thanks.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:35 AM Last edited by karidad : 24th Sep 2007 at 4:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
MizzBlackCherry,

Even I have the games listed in my profile it doesn't mean that I have it installed. I only have installed up to seasons. So Bon Voyage is not needed to play the house.

I listed it in my profile because I have the game in other of my computers.

I reuploaded just in case that something was missing.
I test the house in another pc and it works great also my another lots work really good.

:-( Did you ever think that The Sims and The Sims2
have the power to break Depression :-D
by: VivikarrinasSims2life