Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

20 Metal Door Recolor

by Pixelhate Posted 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:07 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2011 at 6:17 PM by Pixelhate

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:03 AM
yay! *dances* More material for the urban decay look! THANKS! I especially like the rusty ones!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:02 AM
These will be so useful for my downtown lots. Thank you!

"Either this wallpaper goes or I do." ~ Oscar Wilde on his deathbed
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:22 AM
Brings back memories of finding an old boxcar in the woods near our house in San Jose, next to RR tracks, and making it our secret clubhouse/playhouse for months. Then some jerk(s) trashed the place in a way that was more than a little too intimidating for third and fourth graders, and we never went back.

It was more than just paint on the wall...I remember the smell to this day.

Before then the boxcar was the coolest place in the world. After that, it was hopelessly sinister. Hmm. Much like the real world has turned out to be.

Anyway, great job. I'm playing angels and Tuscan Kitchens right now, but my game evolves and changes!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:22 AM
Just what I needed! Thank you <3

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:54 AM
Thanks a lot, they look so real...
(and bucheron I think they call it "value lumber just a door"
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 10:17 AM
very nice collection! great for industrial or trashy lots! thanks, pixelhate!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 11:46 AM
These are great, I have so many of your creations in my game. Thanks for these (:
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:23 PM
...Very useful! - just what I needed for my Neighbourhoods too!.

Many thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share with us!... :D

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:54 PM
Great textures Pixelhate.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:22 PM
Excellent! Now I can go all urban!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:42 PM
Wow - Truly gorgeous work... and these are DOORS! I didn't know I needed these till I saw this thread!

downloading...

Wyn
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:18 PM
Pleasantview would be a horrible shiny place if it weren't for you!
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:37 PM
Brilliant work . My soon-to-be-created Silent Hill-inspired neighborhood will be nearly complete.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 6:51 PM
wow. awesome textures ... !!!

I DONT DO REQUESTS!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 1:06 AM
Thank you so much I've been needing metal doors and these look fantastic. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:32 AM Last edited by JLonier : 25th Sep 2007 at 8:21 AM. Reason: is a thanks
The way the Sims world was created was to new and shiny for me, it was fresh out of the box not broken in.

I would rather have a world that has a history, that some things need a bit of repair, our pixel people's world needs heritage, personality and run-down factories as well as modern housing developments. Thanks so much for making these and other things that have given my game depth.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:46 AM
Been waiting for these. Thank you so much! These truly complete the look you gave us with your walls and floors.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:08 AM
Thank you all, people. Your feedbacks, nice comments and little stories are pleasant and precious to me. If you like to share more; like showing screenshots of atmosphere you create, it would be more than welcome!
Just post them in a file-sharing site and send me the link via Pm.
Pixelhate.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 7:39 PM
I love rusty objects! thanks :D

Scholar
#21 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:16 AM
These are perfect: not only for my urban areas, but for the "hidden poor" that I've got living in wooded areas (trailer parks) in the 'Burbs of my more affluent sim towns.
Kinda wordy for a simple thanks, huh?

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
These are great for stories, and thanks for numbering them.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:42 AM Last edited by SrJulie : 8th Aug 2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: add information
Hi there. I am new to sims 2 so bear with me. The work doen by you, pixelhate, is wonderful. I love the weathered looks, the walls like "pipes" but try as I might I can't get the metal doors here to show up in my game (either that or I can't find them). They don't show up in collections nor under any of the doors...a little help please from pixelhate or anyone else? Thank you kindly in advance. I should also point out that I do have CEP installed and this pipes walls (obviously) shows up just fine. I should also point out that I have basic, university, night life, open for business, and bon voyage installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Julie
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 12:42 PM Last edited by pixelhate : 19th Aug 2008 at 7:47 AM.
I hope the PM I've send you will help. Otherwise, we will have to dig a bit this oddity

*edit (problem solved!)

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 4:36 AM
Thank you!
Wow! great, I love these doors, I had these before but had to reload my game so I had to download them again and tell you how much I loved them, thank you!

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Page 1 of 2