Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Sparkle, Shirley, Sparkle!' Shirley Temple Child Star -New Meshes!-

by Phaenoh Posted 15th Oct 2007 at 10:55 PM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:16 PM by Echo

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:44 AM
Outstanding. You did a spectacular job here and you can be proud of every bit of it. I really appreciate it that you took the effort to make sure that the toddler you made aged well as this is not a stagnate creation! You did a great job on the dress, the skin, the eyes, everything. But most of all thanks for taking into account the broader context in so many ways! And bless you for binning the hair. Even if I don't download the rest of it, I'm coming to appreciate what a mess it's making of my game that most of the best custom hair I've got isn't binned but should be.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:56 AM
I think you did a fantastic job as Shirley Temple's quite hard to sim. I love the curls! The effort is obvious. Don't be too hard on yourself!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 12:46 AM
I am astounded, you have so much information, and I always loved the movies when I was younger. It is hard to do all these things, and you should be very proud. Thank you very much, smashing good job!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 12:52 AM
I figure more information is better, I think that helped me do so well with the last contest. I've actually never seen any of her films though!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:04 AM
So many firsts for this sim..you did an awesome job..thanks for sharing all the info and the tutorial as well..
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:38 AM
You really, really need to watch some of the movies! She really was quite the actress. I'm remembering the one which actually had the song "Good Ship Lollypop" in it, and involved airplanes and flight as a central theme...was that the title of the movie also? That was the one I saw most recently.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:49 AM
Wow, how cute! Great job! When I was little, my mom used to get me her movies on video... I loved her. :D

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:44 AM
This is so the Shirley I remember from my own childhood! Wonderful work!
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:53 AM
wow this is absolutely fantastic. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:50 AM
Absolutely incredible work. I think you did her justice and more. Thank you so much for sharing her.

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:21 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone, I REALLY like reading them!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:26 AM
I am amazed at how excellent you made her face, she looks so real and reminds me of when I was a kid and watched her films.
I like how you made it to when she aged her beauty followed with her.
Congratulations upon all you new meshes and I think you did a superior job on her and all your hard work payed off.
Thank You so much for the most adorable Shirley Temple and the cutest hair mesh.
Cant wait to see the recolors to follow.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:40 AM
Personally I think that dress is the cutest thing ever, its so short and you can see her diaper underneath, when she crawls thats all you see from the back. When she stand though, its just enough coverage for a proper little lady. Every time I see the ones I'll be posting here shortly I just squeal cuz they are the most adorable thing I've ever seen. It is unusual that I ever get that giddy with my creations. (I'd have uploaded them sooner, but I want to play around with the bone assignments some more, you know, get it perfect? The better one will replace the current one so nobody has to know anything, but don't get me wrong, I might not be able to make it better, toddlers move in strange ways!) Anyways, those dress recolors will give a whole new meaning to the term 'Baby Doll' (and other creators can start recoloring the dress then as well!)
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:58 AM
Wow this is fantastic work and i can imagine took you a very long time to do! But what came out of it is simply wonderful! You are very talented.

THANKS

Mupf
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:33 AM
I have been playing with her, herself as a grown-up, and her big "sister" by Aligeth, and I have to say I agree about the dress! It really does work beautifully and is worth a squeal or eight. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. May I humbly request a pure white lacy one, and possibly a Christmas red and green plaid one while you're at it, please? You did a great job. Okay, I promise I won't comment again. LOL.

P.S. have you seen Spanky from OUR GANG (Little Rascals) when HE was 3? He was sooooo adorable too! Another born actor, truly great in front of the camera. He'd be hard to sim as he had quite the chubby body type.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 12:13 PM
She is soooooo cute!!! Tx!! I also love her movies!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:22 PM
Not sure if I can do 'lacy' but I've already got a plain white one done, and a red, and a blue, and a black. My favorite is the red one, I did it first and think it turned out the best.

My request is that you keep commenting! Comments make my day. And yeah, if anyone was wondering, I do 'entertain' requests. Can't promise that I will do them, that always depends on time and current skills and if I actually like it, but a plaid version of a dress I'm trying to hype up sounds easy enough!

I have seen Little Rascals, but unless Spanky was three in that movie, I haven't seen him then. As I recall, I think he was like 6 or 8 for that. Dunno. And off hand, I can't remember who was who. The only one I can pull up from memory was Alfalfa. lol.
Instructor
#19 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 2:32 PM
Great work all the way around, you put in a huge effort and it shows. I love that little dress and my sister grew wanting to Shirely Temple and she's still a favorite today.
Instructor
#20 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 2:47 PM
Wow! Great, great job of recreating Shirley Temple! The hair, the dress -- all very true to her. THANK YOU so much for sharing!

Congrats on 50 and 50,000!!

pureheart
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:43 PM
Splendid way to make a 3x1: hair, clothes and a sim in only one thread. Yo look like a pentathlon athlete!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:13 PM
WoW!!! It very much a big and very good job!!!
Many thanks!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:40 PM
I'm not talking about the recently made movie but the original Little Rascals filmed in black-and-white in the 1930s and I think the early 1940s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanky No pictures on the wiki article! arrgh. Here's a picture of him somewhat older, maybe 7 or 9?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...ge=gr&GRid=8318

But of course he was cutest as a toddler! Maybe he wasn't as chubby as I thought.

I guess I liked him because my little brother looked so much like him back in the day.
Theorist
#24 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:39 PM
Very nice Phaenoh - it is so rare to see any work put into Sim todders! I noticed you hadn't uploaded for this contest and thought you were sitting it out after your superlative effort last time - but it looks like you just made it under the wire! I was getting stressed that mine wasn't ready until late Saturday, and I don't think I could have taken the pressure to leave it any longer!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:58 PM
I figured 'sitting out' would have been a cop-out. Early on I did decide not to put nearly the same amount of effort into this one, but I think that idea went out the window when I decided to make the hair. lol. I did just barely squeak in under the wire, I had gone home (I'm at college) for the weekend and hadn't any time to finish it then. I was panicking on the 15th cuz I hadn't uploaded it yet, and after all that work. I uploaded it around 6pm that day, and fortunately the moderators saw fit to let me in anyways.
Page 1 of 2