Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The World Trade Center - By request -

by smithycpl Posted 21st Oct 2007 at 5:28 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2007 at 10:48 AM by smithycpl

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 5:34 AM
WoW! Magnificent Job Smithy! You Really Did a Great Job on Them! They Look Awesome! ThankYou!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 5:38 AM
Wow. Your twin towers look so exactly like real twin towers. So amazing.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 5:52 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 5:58 AM
OH my these look fantastic and bring so much sorrow to see them.
Thank You so much for creating and sharing them with us.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 6:07 AM
You make great neighborhood objects!
Would you be willing to take another request for one? I'd love to get the Space Needle for my Seattle neighborhood. Pretty please *offers cookies*
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 6:58 AM
Thank you ever so much smithy. I cannot tell you in words how much this means to me. I cannot thank you enough either. I will always cherish these. It means so much to my wife and I as I explained in my PM. Thanks again and again smithy. I look forward to your future creations.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 7:57 AM
I see no sorrow in these at all, gizmo. I see joy, triumph, and patriotism. If he had recreated them in their destroyed fashion, I would agree. Good job here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:26 AM
Thank you all for the comments.

Quote: Originally posted by Chibi_Myth
You make great neighborhood objects!
Would you be willing to take another request for one? I'd love to get the Space Needle for my Seattle neighborhood. Pretty please *offers cookies*

I just downloaded some pictures from it.
With other words i will give it a shot.
This will take some time if you don't mind, because i'm working also on a few hacks and other meshes at this moment but i placed it in my todo list.

Quote: Originally posted by Spider9271
Thank you ever so much smithy. I cannot tell you in words how much this means to me. I cannot thank you enough either. I will always cherish these. It means so much to my wife and I as I explained in my PM. Thanks again and again smithy. I look forward to your future creations.

Your very welcome and i'm glad you like them.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:26 AM
well done smithy. I love these towers. I can't wait to add this to your empire state building and create NYC. Thankyou so much!!1
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 9:20 AM
Wow these are absolutely fantastic Smithy! Super job! Thanks for creating and sharing your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 9:23 AM
Excellent creation ! And I might say thanks to Spider9271 for the request !
They looks great from the Neighbourhood, but they look even greater from a lot !

Thank you another time. Five stars !

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 10:54 AM
Thank you all!

I posted the fix for the weird view a bit wrong at first, so i will also post it here.

Very small issue:
Depending on your graphics card from some angles the look of them can be a little weird in the neighborhood view.
A good fix is, in graphics options set the smooth edges towards more instead of less, so slide it all the way down (see pic below), that way in the neighborhood view they do look great.

Once you are on a lot this isn't needed anymore, so you can then slide it again towards less they look great from a lot in all different settings.

This is also a great setting for making excellent screens in game.
Hope this will give you a much more enjoyable neighborhood view.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Inventor
#14 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 11:38 AM
Wow these are great.
They brought back some memories, but I digress.
You did a great job on these.
And, yeah, if you don't adjust some stuff, they do look a bit strange, but afterwards they look great.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 7:14 PM
I downloaded these and am proud to have them. I'm glad that you made them. But I don't know if I could ever have them in my game. Does that make sense? It's just so emotionally powerful to think about.

Thank you and God bless you for using your talents this way.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:18 PM
Thanks, just thanks!!!
Awesome, they should not be forgotten!!!

[URL = [url] http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/view.php?mid=137690] [/ url] My Space voldaan Sims 2 downloads ...[/ URL]

[url = http://www.missingstudios.com/sig.html] http://www.missingstudios.com/ms/signaturegenerator/finished/mysig_740754622.jpg [/ url]
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 10:11 PM
Wow! They look fantastic. Thank you for creating this wonderful object.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:31 AM
We'll never forget! Thank you.
Instructor
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 6:13 AM
Awesome work dude!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smithycpl
Thank you all for the comments.

I just downloaded some pictures from it.
With other words i will give it a shot.
This will take some time if you don't mind, because i'm working also on a few hacks and other meshes at this moment but i placed it in my todo list.

Your very welcome and i'm glad you like them.

Thank you so much! No rush at all
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 10:14 AM
great job smithy!

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 8:00 AM
Wonderful sentiment. Great job!

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 4:42 PM
hi ermm could you make them but you can go in them? only if it is ok with you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:58 AM
I saw this and i just wanted to comment and thank you for providing us a way to remember those who lost their lives that day and the days after (Afganstian and Iraq). I wish the troops would come home!
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:27 AM
Thank you so much for these. These are absolutely AMAZING!
I never had a chance to see them in person, only ground zero a year ago and it was such an emotional sight.
It'll so much fun to see them in game! Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2