Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Mix and Match Defaults!- 15 'Keen Eye' Binned and Townie Friendly Eyes! Set#1

by Phaenoh Posted 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:38 PM - Updated 1st Jan 2012 at 7:34 PM by Phaenoh : added better pictures

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 1:40 AM
Sapphire, Azure, Steel, Oak, and Forest would make up my ideally-coloured default set, since you asked so nicely, BUT I think your way of letting people pick their own is the absolute best way to do it.
Actually (off topic), I'm sad (but only a little! these are GREAT EYES) that you didn't make a brown/green pair because I can never find eyes that match my boyfriend's (blotchy brown and green) or mine, which are a mix between your Steel and Azure.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 24th Oct 2007 at 4:13 AM.
...sounds like a request... I was thinking about making some hazel eyes, if you watch this download, when I make them I'll add them here.

On second thought, I might do another set of 'mixer' and fantasy colors. If I do that it will be a new post all together.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 5:07 AM
I like the idea of another set of 'mixer'/fantasy colors ::hint hint:: .

I'm using Teal, Azure, Royal, Oak, and Slate as my new defaults, and I took most of the rest of them as CC eyes. Not Powder, though, because I don't like eyes that light, and not Chestnut cuz I'm just not a fan of that particular color (nothing against your eye set).

Fantastic job!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 6:28 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 25th Oct 2007 at 2:48 AM.
If I thought I could come up with the worlds greatest colors that everyone would love, I would have only made five colors! I personally don't like Royal, Cobalt, Chestnut or Turquoise all that much, but I figured someone would! I'll totally work on those eyes next, but it will be a few days, I am so far behind on my school projects thanks to my new found hobby of content creating (never made anything worthwhile before June). 50-ish posts in 3.5 months, pretty obsessive sounding to me, especially since all of them are sets with at least a few if not many things in them. I should shut up and get back to my drawing, otherwise I'll be up all night again working on homework. Ok enough of the blogging. Thanks for commenting everyone!

The next day: I was actually up till 4am finishing those drawings...maybe I should have shut up sooner!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 12:43 PM
I think being able to pick your own default set is a great idea and I hope it becomes a trend. I have just this week gone back to Maxis eyes, so give it a week or so, and I'll maybe get bored of them. At which point I'll come rushing back here for your really cute colours.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 7:01 PM
This is awesome! I'm picking Chestnut, Slate, Cobalt, Saphire, and Turquiose.

Save the earth, its the only planet with chocolate.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:00 PM
yay! it's exactly what i wanted to do for myself without taking time away from my homework to do it! i snagged the lot, and for defaults i chose cobalt, slate, emerald, walnut, and i hope you don't mind, but i took the royal and made it more purple just for my own personal use (my sims are weird). though if you were to do a fantasy pack and threw in a purple i liked better, i'd gladly trade it in.

thanks so much!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:23 PM
I just finished the first part of another set of eyes, these are all grayer colors, but they are all really pretty in my opinion, and yes, there are 3 purples included!
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 7:59 PM
I love what you've done here, who thought you'd tackle genetics as well as clothing? I've followed your work from the beginning and I love it. I wish I was as talented as you! I think I'll be picking sapphire, azure and steel (those three maxis colours always look the same to me in game and I can never tell them apart) and forest. I'm not sure about the browns yet, they all look lovely. Maybe oak, as that seems to be the one in the middle?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:21 PM
I am seen as solely a clothing creator? Well, that needs to be changed. I'm trying to become a Jack-of-all-Trades here. I really liked all the cute starter homes I made and the neighborhood for them, those were some fun logic puzzles, how to get the most for your money. And what about the Parthenon I did, that seemed to be amazing enough to get me a prize with all its wall textures and object meshing. And this month's contest, I made a sim and a new dress mesh and HAIR (oh god hair). I also had a few clothing mods that were really alot more programming than recoloring, I don't think I used Photoshop for those at all.
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I am seen as solely a clothing creator? Well, that needs to be changed. I'm trying to become a Jack-of-all-Trades here. I really liked all the cute starter homes I made and the neighborhood for them, those were some fun logic puzzles, how to get the most for your money. And what about the Parthenon I did, that seemed to be amazing enough to get me a prize with all its wall textures and object meshing. And this month's contest, I made a sim and a new dress mesh and HAIR (oh god hair). I also had a few clothing mods that were really alot more programming than recoloring, I don't think I used Photoshop for those at all.

Oh no, I didn't mean to be insulting! I haven't tried out your lots, though they look good I personally don't like to download houses as I cannot run clean installer. And your work on the clothing mods was great. Once I get Seasons I'll be using your huge clothing project, but for now I'm using one of the athletic wear ones. It's given me just that little bit extra choice that I wanted. I think your current Hollywood project is fab, well done for being all inclusive too - a lot of creators just made a file containing other people's custom content but because they put it all together they labelled it as their work. You stick in my mind as a great clothing creator who's released some brilliant default replacements, but I'm sure that'll change as you release even more different projects. I found you as I was searching for creators who use base game meshes and what you've done with them is great. Your work is an inspiration. I'm going to stop now before I sound too fan-girl!

And these eyes are great. I've just played with them in game, and I love them.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 6:10 PM
I didn't take it as an insult. And I love 'fan-girl' 'apologizes'. ;-)

On a side note, everybody, go to my second eye set and REQUEST COLORS!!! My third eye set is ONLY REQUESTS, and want to get 15 before I make it. Fantasy colors welcome as well as natural colors I haven't done yet. Please at least try to describe the color, a link to ANY picture (other than real eyes, too much variance) is good.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 5:45 AM
These are fantastic! I love the idea of choosing my own set AND the fact that you kept them maxis-y. I really don't care for most of the maxis colors, but I like the cartoonish style, so I've never replaced them... until now! I'm going to choose Azure, Cobalt, Steel, Forest, and either Oak or Walnut... I haven't decided yet. I just have one question first. I'm new to default eyes, and I see that, of the ones I want as defaults, Cobalt is set for light and dark blue. Do I have to do something special when I install them to only get them as dark blue? Or will just installing an only light blue, like Azure, with them sort of "overwrite" the Cobalt's light setting, for lack of a better word?

Please see my profile for my share policy!

b <3 e
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 6:04 AM
With these since they are mix and match, you have to go through and pick out the files you want, you get all of them and you can only keep 5 in your downloads file, the other 13 either need to get moved or deleted. There are ALOT so don't get bogged down. Each file is named in a pattern, the first word is Default (duh, helps you find it later when you get tired of them) - Maxis Eye Color it Replaces - My Name and the Set Name - Individual Color.

For Colbalt to be your dark blue eye replacement you need 'Defaults-DarkBlueEyes-PhaenohKeenEye-Colbalt'. If you have any other files that start with 'Defaults-DarkBlueEyes' they will conflict with each other and its anybody's guess as to which one the game picks to win out. If you wanted Colbalt for your light blue instead you would need to keep the Defaults-LightBlueEyes-PhaenohKeenEye-Colbalt file. Hope that clears things up!

Also, if you like these, make sure you take a look at Set#2, it has a better selection of greens and they all work interchangeably with each other!
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 4:27 PM
Oh, I see. I didn't realize that Cobalt would then have two separate packages. Thanks a lot! Again, beautiful work, and Set #2 is pretty as well, though I prefer the brighter colors of this one.

Please see my profile for my share policy!

b <3 e
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 5:39 PM
Thank you so much! This is my favourite set of eyes
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:28 AM Last edited by eeyore226 : 25th Nov 2007 at 6:52 AM.
I love your choice of eyes! but there has been a little problem...

heres don:

and heres kaylyn:

don's eyes look abosultly beautiful on him, and i know i got the defaults, since it changed everybody else that lives in a house in town... so why didnt kaylyn's eyes change?

i thought default eyes changed eyes for everbody.

my last realistic set did that. (im trying to come back to simbasics :D) so im wondering why she didnt?

also she was saved into the house when it happened. she isnt part of the family, she was just over to get some woohoo XD

EDIT!!

i just checked the pleasent house, and Lilth Pleasent eyes also had troble changing.

her eyes stayed the same ugly burly maxis eyes.

im also checking other households, and the whole burb family eyes are the same, along with the rest of my households.

also, don in the goth house suffers from ugly blurry eyes.

in his house its alright.

and my graphics are bad, they arent insainly amazing, but i can have everything on high and on, and it still runs smoothly.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:43 AM
No flipping clue. Defaults replace everyone who has them. I've got no explanation for why her eyes are blurry. I would suggest you send her home, take my eyes out of your game, invite her over, make sure everything is back to Maxis, send her home again. Then put my eyes back in the game and she if its better.

Or, give her a breathalyzer test, she looks a bit glassy eyed to me!

Check to make sure you don't have anyone else's eyes in your game, not sure how that could make them blurry, but just to be safe. Also, which eye colors are failing?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:57 AM Last edited by eeyore226 : 25th Nov 2007 at 7:16 AM.
hmmm... i have everything in subfolders, so i know i dont have other sets in there.

my colors are...

walnut, steel, cerulan, shappire, and forrest.

when i changed the defaults i just switched them out and i didnt let the game reload without any of the defaults... it could of been that?

ill try that out now.

oh and HEHEH! drunk kaylynn

EDIT!

nope nope.

the same. don has the beautiful eyes, and everybody is cursed.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 8:01 AM
Check for other default eyes, having multiple default replacements of the same thing is ALWAYS a NO-NO. Are all of your colors having problems or just one color in particular? Try a different color (Emerald instead of Forest) and see if Kaylynn hasn't gotten over her hangover yet. If that still doesn't work. Drag your ENTIRE downloads folder to your desktop and place ONLY my default eyes into the game. Reload. Maybe there is some weird clash you have with another CC package.

BTW, those blurry eyes aren't Maxis eyes. They look like blurred versions of mine. Something is messing up my textures. Maxis eyes are bigger and without shading, remember?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 8:33 AM Last edited by eeyore226 : 25th Nov 2007 at 8:07 PM.
i positivily have no other default replacement eyes in the game.

but its strange.

Don, Kaylyn and lilth have green eyes, so it can't be a problem with the green, since it obviously works on Don...

He's the only set i got to work in pleasentveiw. It also only works with the other three pleasents. just lilth didnt get the eyes.

EDIT
i just love this picture! its so don-esque.

yes thats your new man undies XD
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 1:45 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post. And edited out all the annoying spacing.
i got it!!

i just had to put all of the default pieces in one at a time, instead all at the same time like i was doing.
i guess it was too much for my game to generate at once?
ahh who cares.
im happy it works!
yay~ im excited to see any new projects with your new defaults you have. :3
EDIT:
crap!
i have to reenter into all of the houses in EVERY hood i have before i put in the new defaults!
CRAP MY LIFE.
rawr.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 8:45 PM
Lol, that picture is great. Don got a bit furrier than I remember, but he looks great in his underwear.

That seems to be a really strange way of fixing the problem. I think you'd only have to reenter any houses that you saw my new eyes in. The unentered houses should be unaffected.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Edited out the annoying spacing.
i think i figured out the problem...
i downloaded a hairy default skin (not the one don is using, another one) because ive noticed discoloeration on some charaters.

like along the lines of the head color doesnt match with the body color which is like alot brother for whatever reason >>

because i never got around to trying the default on don, since i automatically changed his skin before i got around to putting the default!
so THERE! its the skin!
AFTER ALL THAT WORK TOO!
gawddamnit.
and yes. don is quite the hairy one
Page 1 of 2