Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: St. Mungo's Hospital

by StephSim Posted 6th Nov 2007 at 12:23 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 2:56 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 2:51 PM
Wow great job! This is a huge project. Thanks for sharing your hard work.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 9:48 PM
Ooh, I really like your design of Purge and Dowse/St. Mungo's! I think this is one of my favorite exteriors yet. Although I am particularly excited for Shell Cottage and the Lovegood's house next week, since those are two of my favorite households. <3 And I'm sure you'll do an admirable job like you always do! Thanks again for sharing all your wonderful Harry Potter lots with us.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:18 AM Last edited by StephSim : 10th Nov 2007 at 5:20 AM. Reason: Oops!
Thanks rebecah for your download, compliment and providing the "invisible" windows I used to keep this lot a "secret" from the Muggles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starfish,
I'm learning to use bolder colors and textures in odd mixtures. Hey...Shell Cottage is complete. It took two days. One day to muck it up and the second day to start over again. The house wasn't the issue, but the landscaping! I finally have a look I'm pleased with though. I used the book (Deathly Hallows) to get the look just right. The Lovegood house is an issue for me though. I want to do so much with it, but the central missing element is round furnishings (counters, fridges, etc.). I will be creative in some way. I will figure it out in the next 3 days!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 3:34 AM
Ooh, I tried to create my own Shell Cottage a few months ago...The landscaping was a big issue for me too. Can't wait to see it!

Well, I don't know if it's any help, but I did some digging around and found these curved sets. The Study one in particular might be good for counters/tables too. If you're interested, you can find them here. Looking forward to seeing the finished product on Monday! :]
Alchemist
#6 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:08 AM
Wow, you made this hospital. Thank for using my invisible door for your lot.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:25 AM
I have been waiting for someone to do the ministry of magic and st. mungos forever. Great job, I just can't get st. mungos to show up in my lots so I am having to try to build it with the pictures you uploaded. thank you for all your hard work, can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the lots, Love your work. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 3:16 AM Last edited by StephSim : 15th Mar 2008 at 7:03 AM.
Okay...Somehow, I overlooked this!

Thanks Starfish! I did look at them. Problem is that everything needed to be COLORFUL BIGTIME! Thanks for doing the research for me! I did actually download a couple of things from the links! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------
pfish, You are welcomed! :D
-------------------------------------------------------------
This portion has been updated...
kycowgirl...
OH! kycowgirl. I hope the version you built went well! If not, GOOD NEWS! I have fixed the problem. Since I am updating my Harry Potter Collection, I am finding and fixing all the problems INCLUDING the lot NOT SHOWING UP in the download. This is the lot that started all the no lot in the lots bin nonsense. It has nothing to do with custom content. It is because I named several walls in this lot "Purge&Dowse". Because I used the "&" symbol, it created empty packages in the Teleport folder where the lots are stored until they are loaded and placed in the game. I renamed the walls PurgeandDowse or PurgeDowse. Doing this allows the lots to load correctly AND SHOW IN THE LOTS BIN! Simple fix, but at the time that I posted this, I had no clue as to how to fix it. I did a little research and found this solution. I will update the zip file and override the defective version with the fixed version!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#9 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:07 AM
Lovely, truly lovely. Its creators like you that inspire starters like me to continue. Awesome work.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
Thanks for the awesome compliment. It's people like you who keep me inspired to create! Good luck with your creations.

~*~Stephanie~*~