Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Godric's Hollow

by StephSim Posted 6th Nov 2007 at 2:46 AM - Updated 16th Sep 2011 at 5:46 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 7:35 PM
first to post???
This is AMAZING!!! All the details of the obelisk and of the sign!
I love this Stephanie!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 9:28 AM
Very well done, love the set,
have to say this is was done with alot of attention to detail.
you have an eye for putting lots together and making them look fantastic.
Space Pony
#4 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 4:18 AM
Oh.. Emm...GEEEE!

The work put into this is absolutely stunning! I'm so jealous of the people who create like this!

*Seriously, where do you find the time? Hahaha*

Can't wait to explore the nooks and crannies (I have to find a copy of H&M in the shops first, but it's on my to-do list for Monday!)

Gorgeous work, thanks for sharing your talent with us all

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:28 AM
Laura,
Thank you! I'm glad you have time to leave your Potter world and take glimpses at mine! Keep designing. Looking forward to seeing your "Diagon Alley".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
fireflies - Thanks for the compliments ! I appreaciate you sharing your snow covered trees. Did you notice that I combined the original trees with yours to give it a not so cold look? Thanks for sharing your objects!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cazkiwi,
Man, Electronic Arts should send me a check! I do believe I used one the H&M clothing racks in this lot...Thanks for the compliment and sharing your objects. The grass looks perfect in the lot, especially by the overgrown, dilapidated Potter Cottage. Thanks again!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 12:26 PM Last edited by KneazlePuff : 14th Nov 2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Grammatical Error - doh!
Oh geez, this is just amazing! I literally got shivers down my spine. The work you must have put into this is just unbelievable - more than I can truely contemplate! I adore the Harry Potter series, and especially anything I can get to add the magic to my sims' world! So many of these things are very similar to how I imagine them whilst reading the books, it's uncanny. Lily and James's grave in particular made me all shivery... Ahh.. if only it was all real! Lol, Harry Potter has been my obsession for some time... now I can finally have things in my game. The comment isn't just for this lot, but for all the rest too! Well done!

*~ Em ~*
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 2:07 PM
Too cute.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 3:08 AM
KneazlePuff...when you said, "shivers down my spine" I cannot enter the Godric's Hollow lot now without feeling an air of mystery! Too funny! Thank you (a lot later than usual) for the wonderful comment. I truly appreciate your Potter enthusiasm over my lots! :D
-------------------------------------------
Claire...I hope you enjoy the download! Have fun creating your Potter neighborhood!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 7:26 PM
Thanks, this is really good:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:13 PM
This is (to date) my favorite individual lot DD. I had a blast creating it. I felt as though I've been to this place after reading the books (especially the last 2). My son ran around during Spring Break dressed in his Harry Potter Quidditch outfit with his Nimbus broom driving me crazy! I'm slowly introducing him to the Harry Potter lots. He likes this one. Take care.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:24 PM
thank you, i love this lot ^^, those wallpapers of harry lilly and jacob is really authentic.

Kofforda<3
"""""""""""""""
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:52 PM Last edited by StephSim : 6th May 2008 at 6:05 PM.
You are most welcomed kofforda! The image used for the Potter family on the obelisk was taken from an etching and I made the mother and father's hair longer and added glasses to Jame's face using the Window's Paint program no less. It was fun to do though. I also love the gravesite textures! Of course, that would make me somewhat grim. Do enjoy the download!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:38 AM
i am a harry potter fanatic and so happy for all the harry potter lots you make.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 5:42 PM
Thanks itsatrashylife!
I hope you enjoy enjoy all of them. I've created more than 30 Harry Potter lots here at MTS2. There is an entire Harry Potter planet here at MTS2 if you haven't already found it. Be sure to check out the lots by Lauralaima here: http://hideki.modthesims2.com/member.php?userid=458037 and Dumbledore's Army stuff here: http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145882 . There's so much more if you just do a basic Harry Potter search. Do enjoy the downloads!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 11:57 AM
Hauntingly beautiful...having read the books it makes me a little melencholy to actually walk the hollow. The detail in all of your lots is astonishing, I have them all and love each and everyone, but I also have a special affinity to this one, so much history there.

Thank you so much for all your painstaking time and effort to bring Harry's world to life for all of us.

"I don't read the script. The script reads me."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 8:34 PM
Leslie,
Thank you for this wonderful response. I found it truly touching! Yes. The last 2 books especially were very inspiring and really pulled you in. With the Half-Blood Prince being released in theatres this coming November here in the states, I am really looking forward to seeing the book come to life. While many may find fault with the movies, I think they add greatly to keeping the books alive! Do enjoy the lots!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:48 AM
The Gravestone is what did it for me. I never (okay, once) comment on people's creations, but this deserves recognition beyond what I can offer. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 11:40 PM
hpkid,
Yes! The grave...*sigh*...(reminiscing). You are most welcomed!This is my absolute favorite of the Potter lots. I was so excited to add the various details from the book! Do enjoy the download.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:10 PM
...wow....*mouth drops to floor* you are amazing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th May 2009 at 11:14 PM
Thank you for the compliment and do enjoy the downloads Samtian.
~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#21 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 11:30 PM
Marvelous Harry Potter Series!

Thank you so much.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 7:40 PM
You're welcomed.

Do enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 9:56 PM
i love the detail in your lot steph, especially the memorial and the sign outside the potters home! I did that once for sims 1 and i have to say you did a great job!! Thank you for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:15 PM
Glad you like lilac sim! Yeah...I found the descriptions of Godric's Hollow in the books to be very "real". It's like I could see it in my mind, but not quite capture it. One day, I hope to revisit my Harry Potter lots and refine them. I must complete other projects first!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 8:43 AM
Its so amacing wow you're an artist i saw the sixtine chapel and then i think this person is incredibble thanks thank you very much
god bless you now and ever thanks
Page 1 of 2